ADVERTISEMENT

At Least 20 Schools. How big is this going to get?

The end game to this should be very interesting.

Just shocked to see UNC on there (not).

I wonder how long it's been since they won a basketball game legitimately?

Nothing will happen to any schools. MAYBE some vacated wins. MAYBE a few players ruled ineligible. Nevermind the agent named is Bill Selfs close friend. Nothing to see here

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing will happen to any schools. MAYBE some vacated wins. MAYBE a few players ruled ineligible. Nevermibd the agent named is Bill Selfs close friend. Nothing to see here

The only two KU players on that list are Josh Jackson and Elijah Johnson. Jackson's number ($2,700 occurred in '16 before he committed to KU) and Johnson's numbers was nearly 2 years after he had graduated from KU). If I'm Bill Self, I'm feeling pretty good about this right now (assuming that's all there is).

^^^^^
For sure. LOL on the NCAA for trying to do something here. That's a lot of schools and a lot of names.

GBR

You never know. Highly unlikely, but maybe just maybe the NCAA actually does something. Unfortunately, this might be so big they fear they can't do anything at risk of the accused breaking away and starting a different association.

Unfortunately corruption is always going to be there. I am guess it isn't just limited to basketball either. When young kids are involved and they are easily swayed by money and "stuff", it is a tough thing to stop completely.
They need to start having very strict repercussions. Any kids or family of kids caught taking bribes ,all scholarships stripped, banned from playing in any ncaa sports for life. The person caught giving bribe faces heavy fines and jail time. Coaches or staff that knew of bribes and did nothing are automatically fired and banned from coaching in ncaa. Until there are extreme consequences this will keep happening. Even then I am guessing it will still happen. Just like all other illegal things.

Reactions: Cam82huskers
I have no doubt at some point in the distant future it will come out that Alabama and Saban were one of the most corrupt programs ever.

Just prior to Saban they were close to repeat offender status. People act as if it’s all Saban and the greatest recruiting ever but when you’re in a dirty win at all costs conference you have to keep up with the Jonses..

Reactions: husker2612
Tom Izzo was ultra emotional at the end of Michigan States last game which was their last home game of the season.

I suspect he retires after this year. Between this and the allegation he knew about Larry Nasser, seems like the negative just keeps adding up for Izzo. ESPN wrote his emotional state on Tuesday because it was Miles Bridges likely last game. Bridges is a sophomore and MSU has had it's early departures in basketball and Izzo never reacted like that. I think he was emotional due to it being his last time to coach @ MSU.

I say, suspend all those teams from the post season for 2019. Would make for an interesting dance next March and also an interesting recruiting changes for the one and dones.

Tom Izzo was ultra emotional at the end of Michigan States last game which was their last home game of the season.

I suspect he retires after this year. Between this and the allegation he knew about Larry Nasser, seems like the negative just keeps adding up for Izzo. ESPN wrote his emotional state on Tuesday because it was Miles Bridges likely last game. Bridges is a sophomore and MSU has had it's early departures in basketball and Izzo never reacted like that. I think he was emotional due to it being his last time to coach @ MSU.
I agree...I think Izzo is praying he wins it all this year...does a parade and retires.

Nothing will happen.

Too much money involved with some of those schools.

But they need to get the coaches back into high school recruiting and away from AAU, Select recruiting.

I read that they have spread sheets of who'd been paid and who had payouts still coming. It's going to get wild.

Nothing will happen.

Too much money involved with some of those schools.

But they need to get the coaches back into high school recruiting and away from AAU, Select recruiting.

Louisville fired their head coach and vacated and national championship. Things are happening.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Louisville fired their head coach and vacated and national championship. Things are happening.
Did the lose scholarships or get a pre-season ban? I honestly can't recall, and don't think they did?

Would like to think something will happen but I believe it will end up being slaps on the wrist or nothing at all. NCAA can't force anyone to talk. Depends on how deep the FBI wants to go with this. I can write down that I paid off 159 people. Are there signed documents? Receipts? Copies of checks or anything? Will this all come out?

Would like to think something will happen but I believe it will end up being slaps on the wrist or nothing at all. NCAA can't force anyone to talk. Depends on how deep the FBI wants to go with this. I can write down that I paid off 159 people. Are there signed documents? Receipts? Copies of checks or anything? Will this all come out?

If the NCAA were conducting the investigation your claims would be true. However, unlike the NCAA, the FBI has subpoena power and can indeed force people to talk. In those cases, the NCAA doesn't need to have any teeth, they can just piggyback off the FBI. Again using your examples of having signed documents, receipts, copies of checks etc. the NCAA would probably have little or no influence, the FBI, however, is not nearly as restricted in their jurisdiction.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
20 schools so far? Sounds like its getting so big that witnesses might start turning up in the river or something.

Sean Miller captured on a wiretap discussing paying a recruit $100K

Its about to get ugly

Will this open another spot in the NCAA tournament? The committee should put us in for being one of the few good teams who doesn't cheat (I assume).

I fully expect every big name program to get hit if the Feds are interested in fully investigating. I wouldn't be stunned in the slightest if $100,000 was considered on the low end for top prospects. I fully expect there to be so many schools caught cheating that either the rules change to allow the players to be paid or the NCAA just gives a one time amnesty to every school.

As dirty as college basketball is, can you even imagine the scale of college football's cheating?

OMG, just looked at the Wiki for Miller. It has this line: "He is known as a player's coach for his ability to pay his players sums of money of up to $100,000." LOL!

Reactions: saluno22 and newAD
Will this open another spot in the NCAA tournament? The committee should put us in for being one of the few good teams who doesn't cheat (I assume).
Maybe if you hand over your research on steroids conducted during the late 80s and 90s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT