ADVERTISEMENT

As bad as things have been, just steal 1 on the road

Scavenger

Walk On
Jul 23, 2002
and a bowl is still in the grasp.

All things considered, you caught a break with the Akron storm cancel. They are not to be taken lightly. Bethune-Cookman is a guarantee win. Purdue is a winnable game at home and a chance to build momentum. Minnesota and Illinois are winnable home games too. That's 4 in the pocket. MSU is not that good despite the faux ranking. Very winnable game at home late in the year. All comes down to snatching one on the road IMO. OSU and Wiscy, no chance. Northwestern and Iowa are the best bets. Iowa is a rivalry game, but they may not work in your favor. They will be pumped to beat you. Northwestern seems prime for the taking. They are limping plus it's a chance to get on a 3 game winning streak. Seems to me the season likely hinges on that Northwestern game.

All things considered, you caught a break with the Akron storm cancel. They are not to be taken lightly. Bethune-Cookman is a guarantee win. Purdue is a winnable game at home and a chance to build momentum. Minnesota and Illinois are winnable home games too. That's 4 in the pocket. MSU is not that good despite the faux ranking. Very winnable game at home late in the year. All comes down to snatching one on the road IMO. OSU and Wiscy, no chance. Northwestern and Iowa are the best bets. Iowa is a rivalry game, but they may not work in your favor. They will be pumped to beat you. Northwestern seems prime for the taking. They are limping plus it's a chance to get on a 3 game winning streak. Seems to me the season likely hinges on that Northwestern game.

So what you are saying is that you think Akron could have beaten CU at the start of the season? I don't agree with that at all. I think CU could beat Akron at the start of the season, as I also believe Nebraska would have beaten Akron in the first game for both.

Reactions: saluno22
CU has historically sucked after a bye. They are really just momentum killers.
Heading back to Boulder this weekend to catch up with friends. Not sure I'll be at the game, but I'm up for a Buff win if anyone else in my party is. UCLA had the week off, too.

So what you are saying is that you think Akron could have beaten CU at the start of the season? I don't agree with that at all. I think CU could beat Akron at the start of the season, as I also believe Nebraska would have beaten Akron in the first game for both.
I guess I'm just saying that Akron isn't the pushover many thought. Getting a game with Bethune-Cookman is a better deal as who knows how a make up game would have gone. The environment was pretty pumped for the first game so you might be right in that NU would have won regardless. I know the BC game is a guaranteed win though as opposed to a hurdle.

I guess I'm just saying that Akron isn't the pushover many thought. Getting a game with Bethune-Cookman is a better deal as who knows how a make up game would have gone. The environment was pretty pumped for the first game so you might be right in that NU would have won regardless. I know the BC game is a guaranteed win though as opposed to a hurdle.

Do you really think Akron could have beaten us the way we played against CU? Even with the turnovers, penalties, and mistakes, I think we still win against Akron by a couple TDs. Unless you think CU is much less physical than Akron. I don't think that's the case though.

Do you really think Akron could have beaten us the way we played against CU? Even with the turnovers, penalties, and mistakes, I think we still win against Akron by a couple TDs. Unless you think CU is much less physical than Akron. I don't think that's the case though.
NU doesn't play Akron nearly as physically as it did CU no matter when the game is. That was an entirely different motivation. I don't think Troy is very good either, but they were pumped up to play NU while NU wasn't at all very pumped to play Troy. The psychological factor can't be understated.

Not a betting man, but I doubt we beat Purdue Sat.

NU doesn't play Akron nearly as physically as it did CU no matter when the game is. That was an entirely different motivation. I don't think Troy is very good either, but they were pumped up to play NU while NU wasn't at all very pumped to play Troy. The psychological factor can't be understated.

I think we would have played any team that physical, as our first game under a new coaching staff, with the confidence they had that first game, but point taken. Rivalry games add some juice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT