ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona State to the B1G?

this comment is rooted in fantasy, not reality

michigan fans, especially, will tell you a 1-11 season is a success so long as they beat ohio

and I highly doubt ohiost fans will start X'ing out their Ns during Husker game week no matter how many B1G titles we win in a row
Michigan fans seem to suffer from the same mentality that Iowa fans suffer from. Iowa doesn't care if they go 2-10, so long as their wins come against Iowa State and Nebraska.

Reactions: king_kong_
Michigan fans seem to suffer from the same mentality that Iowa fans suffer from. Iowa doesn't care if they go 2-10, so long as their wins come against Iowa State and Nebraska.
Obviously you don’t personally know any Herky fans, they most certainly want to beat Wisconsin and Minnesota just as much as ISU and Nebraska..

Reactions: BleedRed78
Lots of discussion itt of criteria that are at best of lesser importance to the B1G. For serious consideration by the B1G, a school MUST have: (1) a distinguished academic brand, almost always measured by AAU membership, AND (2) a prominent national athletic brand, probably best captured by some index of overall athletic popularity with football #1 (not geographic tv market). When Nebraska was admitted it barely passed the first test and easily passed the second.
A number of the schools mentioned here, e.g., Houston, FSU, Clemson don’t clear the first bar, probably rendering the second moot unless you were Notre Dame (also now AAU). And several P5 schools that are fine on the first are very iffy on the second, e.g., Cal, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, maybe even Stanford.

Lots of discussion itt of criteria that are at best of lesser importance to the B1G. For serious consideration by the B1G, a school MUST have: (1) a distinguished academic brand, almost always measured by AAU membership, AND (2) a prominent national athletic brand, probably best captured by some index of overall athletic popularity with football #1 (not geographic tv market). When Nebraska was admitted it barely passed the first test and easily passed the second.
A number of the schools mentioned here, e.g., Houston, FSU, Clemson don’t clear the first bar, probably rendering the second moot unless you were Notre Dame (also now AAU). And several P5 schools that are fine on the first are very iffy on the second, e.g., Cal, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, maybe even Stanford.
That was the criteria before but I'm not so sure it has changed some.

I brought up ASU as an original that I would want from the west coast. Huge school, decent sports, huge mix of BIG10 fanbases that live there or snowbird there. Easy to travel to and from PHX for games. Lots of positives.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I want to win the BIG every year but even if we ran off a string of BIG titles Michigan and Ohio St would not look at us as a rival. Just a team they need to beat to win the BIG. Ohio st sees Michigan as a rival and always will and vice versa. Penn Stat's rival resides in the 412 area code
Living in central PA and just having a love of football in general... I really wish Penn State-Pitt would become a yearly occurrence again. It's unfortunate that it's not

That was the criteria before but I'm not so sure it has changed some.
It’s changed a lot now that we get dog walked by FOX after gifting them our most valuable asset in exchange for the ability to grandstand/virtue signal

I won’t hide it! I would be more than a little excited and appreciative if there were a Big 10 school (or two) in Arizona!

It has my approval! Yeah!

I don't have a link, but there seem to be a lot of rumblings of CU and Arizona to the Big 12 being immanent. Seems like that would set the stage for further moves, especially if the TV deal is bad for the teams left behind.
Two defections like that would bust up the PAC if they happen. If Arizona goes without Arizona State it means Arizona State likely has a different home lined up.

If all the runored schools go to the Big 12...can we make the argument it will be the second best conference behind the SEC in terms of badass teams that will win, a lot?? They won't have an Ohio State or Georgia/Bama....but they'd be stacked in all the mens sports.

I want to win the BIG every year but even if we ran off a string of BIG titles Michigan and Ohio St would not look at us as a rival. Just a team they need to beat to win the BIG. Ohio st sees Michigan as a rival and always will and vice versa. Penn Stat's rival resides in the 412 area code
I’m not sure I want to be considered a rivalry at their level. No mutual respect. Just hate. It’s not like NU/OU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT