ADVERTISEMENT

Arch Manning to Texas

WOW is right and some what disappointing..

How much NIL money did he receive?

Can't imagine this makes Quinn Ewers happy, but this gives him an opportunity to transfer from another school without playing a single snap and collecting his third big NIL deal.
Its not like he gets to keep them after transferring. Plus it is a one time transfer.

Spoiled little shit kids who don't get their way will claim someone called them a name and claim the university didn't provide a safe environment. The NCAA has the spine of a wet noodle and will grant multiple transfers.

he'll be a true frosh the first year they're in the SEC, correct?

might as well start calling the pee4 division 2

In today's world you can't count on ANY QB's sticking around. Even if they have been the starter they might get pissed off that the coach brought in somebody else to take their job away. QB's are the worst when it comes to becoming dissatisfied.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
This, I predict the same will happen when Ryan Day signs a 23 Qb , Riola will be back on the market!
I doubt Raiola will be scared off by any QB OSU sgins in '23. The very top guys in the "23 class are already committed. Raiola knows what type of talent OSU has coming in at the WR position position in the '23 class.

I doubt Raiola will be scared off by any QB OSU sgins in '23. The very top guys in the "23 class are already committed. Raiola knows what type of talent OSU has coming in at the WR position position in the '23 class.
True but what about a top flight QB transferring in to OSU from another school who has experience and several years of eligibility left. It's not just about recruiting HS kids anymore, it's about getting kids through the portal that have the college experience to back up their worth.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That’s not the point, Ryan Day told Riola they wouldn’t take a QB in 23 . CJ stroud will go pro after 22 , there is no way in hell that Day is going to have a Qb in 23 with no meaningful snaps, especially now with the portal, the kid they want might have multiple years left, that was the reason for my post, had nothing to do with DR shying from competition.

True but what about a top flight QB transferring in to OSU from another school who has experience and several years of eligibility left. It's not just about recruiting HS kids anymore, it's about getting kids through the portal that have the college experience to back up their worth.
My original response was to a QB in the '23 class . A transfer QB is always a possibility but the Justin Field type QB comes along once every 10-years or so . Day is usually getting a commitment from a top 5-10 QB every year and has used the transfer portal to find a QB as a reliable backup. Plus, I believe Day likes the development phase of working with a young QB out of high school.

Let's face it Raiola and other HS kids of his caliber are in so many elite camps now that the coaching they receive has them much more prepared for college ball than in the past.

That’s not the point, Ryan Day told Riola they wouldn’t take a QB in 23 . CJ stroud will go pro after 22 , there is no way in hell that Day is going to have a Qb in 23 with no meaningful snaps, especially now with the portal, the kid they want might have multiple years left, that was the reason for my post, had nothing to do with DR shying from competition.
You don't know the current QB situation at OSU. Kyle McCord and Devin Brown, both 4 stars, are on the roster, McCord started a game last year when CJ sat out because of a sore shoulder. McCord could have entered the transfer portal but decided to stay knowing this is CJs last year. He could start at many Big 10 schools this year . McCord will have been in the program 3 years by the time the '23 season rolls around. Brown will be in his 2nd season. The talent level at OSU is such that the QB doesn't have to do it all to win games. Basically, the QB must protect the football (eliminate turnovers) and distribute the ball to the other playmakers. Dwayne Haskins had very little game time experience, except for the quarter and a half he played in the Michigan game, going into the 2018 season and broke every Big 10 passing record.

Can't imagine this makes Quinn Ewers happy, but this gives him an opportunity to transfer from another school without playing a single snap and collecting his third big NIL deal.
Ewers only plans on playing 2 years at Texas. Manning will be a redshirt freshman if Ewers is still there for his RS Junior year. QB Malik Murphy should be more concerned about Manning.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
figured if there was a player that couldnt be overly influenced by nil $$$s and would go to the best fit it would have been him, but maybe they backed a truck up and austin is a hot destination.

figured if there was a player that couldnt be overly influenced by nil $$$s and would go to the best fit it would have been him, but maybe they backed a truck up and austin is a hot destination.
I was just in Austin for a conference . I was pretty excited to see the town. I’d heard great things and man, was I disappointed. It’s kind of a hole. Lots and lots of homeless. Seemed sort of run down. Out the window of my hotel were several buildings boarded up and graffitied. Really disappointed.

He's not going to start over Ewers. No point wasting your time.
you are hitching your wagons to a guy named "quinn"?

get a grip, guy. yesterday was the best day texas football has enjoyed in 15+ years and you're spouting off about redshirting a generational talent in favor of someone who shares a name with a pioneer medicine woman.

I completely agree with @tone1017 and am excited to watch this soap opera unfold

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
My original response was to a QB in the '23 class . A transfer QB is always a possibility but the Justin Field type QB comes along once every 10-years or so . Day is usually getting a commitment from a top 5-10 QB every year and has used the transfer portal to find a QB as a reliable backup. Plus, I believe Day likes the development phase of working with a young QB out of high school.

Let's face it Raiola and other HS kids of his caliber are in so many elite camps now that the coaching they receive has them much more prepared for college ball than in the past.
This is true as long as Raiola wants to sit and be brought along gradually. Top flight kids now days have a plan to move out of college ball quickly and move onto the pro scene, gone are the days of sitting and waiting your turn.
It seems the only QB's that stay with a program now days are the ones who know they won't be drafted or drafted high enough to make a lot of coin.

We'll see what happens but I doubt Raiola will be willing to sit behind an established QB who can move the team and not make rookie mistakes, we had that with Martinez. I may be wrong about Raiola but I don't think I'm wrong about Day willing to hand over the keys to the OSU program to a unproven Freshman.

Last edited:
you are hitching your wagons to a guy named "quinn"?

get a grip, guy. yesterday was the best day texas football has enjoyed in 15+ years and you're spouting off about redshirting a generational talent in favor of someone who shares a name with a pioneer medicine woman.

I completely agree with @tone1017 and am excited to watch this soap opera unfold
If his last name wasn't Manning and was just another 5* recruit, would you still have this take?

I hear Texas fans saying it’s no problem with Quinn and Arch because Quinn is going pro after two years and Arch will redshirt. it will never be a competition between them.

What happens if Quinn is struggling in a big game like the red river shoot out and then gets a minor injury? If they put in Arch for the rest of the game and he lights it up that’s an instant QB controversy waiting to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: cidsports
I hear Texas fans saying it’s no problem with Quinn and Arch because Quinn is going pro after two years and Arch will redshirt. it will never be a competition between them.

What happens if Quinn is struggling in a big game like the red river shoot out and then gets a minor injury? If they put in Arch for the rest of the game and he lights it up that’s an instant QB controversy waiting to happen.
quinn is yesterday's news

• Haha
This is true as long as Raiola wants to sit and be brought along gradually. Top flight kids now days have a plan to move out of college ball quickly and move onto the pro scene, gone are the days of sitting and waiting your turn.
It seems the only QB's that stay with a program now days are the ones who know they won't be drafted or drafted high enough to make a lot of coin.

We'll see what happens but I doubt Raiola will be willing to sit behind an established QB who can move the team and not make rookie mistakes, we had that with Martinez. I may be wrong about Raiola but I don't think I'm wrong about Day willing to hand over the keys to the OSU program to a unproven Freshman.
I don't think Raiola will bolt if he's not the starting QB his freshman year. Stroud was an unproven redshirt freshman this past year (he didn't even throw a pass in the '20 COVID shortened season) and in only one year as the starter he is projected to be the No. 1 or 2 pick in the '23 Draft. Kyle McCord, the current second string QB, will probably be gone by '24. Devin Brown, a freshman this year, will be a junior by the time Raiola steps on campus in '24. There is no quarantee he will be around in '24 if he can't beat out McCord as starting QB in '23. If Brown stays it will be a Brown/Raiola battle for starting QB in '24. Brown would be eligible for the '24 Draft regardless of where he plays.

We'll see how it plays out.

How did Chrissy Simms do for the limphorns Ofer against the Sooners and he was the golden 5star child as well he will be a bust as well just living on the name is all.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT