ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching OSU/Marshall?

V-Doub

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2007
Langley Falls
Just saw the refs call and illegal formation Marshall when they just recovered a muffed punt inside OSU’s 10 yard line. Appeared that the ref threw the flag after the play? WTF? One or two of Marshall’s lineman were slightly off the LOS. But I’ve seen far worse not called. Next play… Judkins for an 80 yd TD.

Marshall ain’t winning this game period. But that call was shady AF…

I was watching. I think it was a BS call. It's already a mismatch on paper. Do the refs have to help decide this outcome? GTFOH.

Marshall is not winning this game but… How do you make that call on that play? And throw the flag late in the play, after the OSU player fumbled the ball. Just looks shady…

I’m watching the James Madison/North Carolina game and can’t believe what I’m seeing

Holy what the shit?!?! Considering the options I would’ve never tuned into James Madison @ North Carolina, but I had to take a look to see what the hub bub was all about. 46-21 in the 2nd quarter 😳 And that’s with over 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter 😳

How is 70 points in the 1st half even possible?

Holy what the shit?!?! Considering the options I would’ve never tuned into James Madison @ North Carolina, but I had to take a look to see what the hub bub was all about. 46-21 in the 2nd quarter 😳 And that’s with over 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter 😳

How is 70 points in the 1st half even possible?
Most points given up by UNC in a half in program history…. and they just threw an INT

Side note: sorry to hijack this thread

Most points given up by UNC in a half in program history…. and they just threw an INT

Side note: sorry to hijack this thread
Same; sorry to hijack.

But regarding the officiating: I didn’t see the Marshall play, but nothing that favors the Buckeyes or Michigan would surprise me in this league. Seems awfully coincidental that the line between shady and ref incompetence is so often blurred when it comes to calls that end up benefiting those two programs.

Reactions: V-Doub
I was watching. I think it was a BS call. It's already a mismatch on paper. Do the refs have to help decide this outcome? GTFOH.

Ok, I said Marshall ain’t winning this game. But that call on the muffed punt is becoming more and more influential. The game is likely tied 21 all at half if the refs don’t make the BS call on the muffed punt.

Same; sorry to hijack.

But regarding the officiating: I didn’t see the Marshall play, but nothing that favors the Buckeyes or Michigan would surprise me in this league. Seems awfully coincidental that the line between shady and ref incompetence is so often blurred when it comes to calls that end up benefiting those two programs.

Game was 14-7 OSU when they made that call. Marshall would’ve had 1st and goal on the 6 yard line, refs wiped out the play, OSU has an 80 yard TD on the very next play. Didn’t really think that terrible call would have much effect ultimately. But as Marshall continues to stay in this game that call keeps looking more egregious.

Edit: Fox crew just went off on the muffed punt call during the half time show. They obviously thought Marshall got hosed as well…

It was a penalty (two of the linemen were 3 yards behind the LOS) and they didn't throw the flag after the play, the announcers just didn't notice it until after.

The only bad call so far was the targeting call when the head contact was incidental and the player contact was a two handed push to the chest, which gave Marshall their second score.

It was a penalty (two of the linemen were 3 yards behind the LOS) and they didn't throw the flag after the play, the announcers just didn't notice it until after.

The only bad call so far was the targeting call when the head contact was incidental and the player contact was a two handed push to the chest, which gave Marshall their second score.

Found our resident buckeye fan folks…

You can say that, but you can't say I'm wrong.

Fvck yeah I can. They reviewed the play, it was clearly targeting. All the announcers… Klatt, Johnson and that Dean Blandino guy all agreed it was targeting. They also all agreed that the muffed punt call was questionable, and those guys were not 3 yards off the line. (Maybe 2) So everyone totally disagrees with your bias perspective and alternate facts. Literally everyone involved with the Fox broadcast, but sure, buck nuts knows better 🤣

Relax buck nuts, your team is gonna win. Don’t be so insecure and defensive. Terrible look…

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Officiating sucks, but this Buckeye team is ridiculously talented.

They have like 5 or 6 guys that can take it the distance on any given play. Howard has all day to survey the field in the pocket with their mammoth OL.

Not looking forward to that trip to Columbus for our Huskers.

Of course getting gifted a couple of huge calls didn't stop Ryan Day from acting like a giant douche who never catches a break from the officials.

Officiating sucks, but this Buckeye team is ridiculously talented.

They have like 5 or 6 guys that can take it the distance on any given play. Howard has all day to survey the field in the pocket with their mammoth OL.

Not looking forward to that trip to Columbus for our Huskers.

Those RBs are everything they’re advertised to be Eek I knew Judkins was the shit, probably the best RB in the country pre-season. But now we’re seeing Henderson really come on and look like the player people thought he could/should be.

That run game is elite. Somebody’s gonna have to figure out how to stop that 2 headed monster and make Howard win the game with his arm. That’s the only way anyone’s gonna beat this OSU team.

Reactions: StoneTempleHusker
Those RBs are everything they’re advertised to be Eek I knew Judkins was the shit, probably the best RB in the country pre-season. But now we’re seeing Henderson really come on and look like the player people thought he could/should be.

That run game is elite. Somebody’s gonna have to figure out how to stop that 2 headed monster and make Howard win the game with his arm. That’s the only way anyone’s gonna beat this OSU team.

It is just stupid the amount of talent they have.

I know they were hyped as the most talented team in the country pre-season, and I rolled my eyes like everyone else. But now, when you see this offense, they have future NFL starters all over the place. Not just NFL players, but NFL starters.

That RB duo of Henderson/Judkins is crazy good. And they roll out the 3rd stringer and he runs over a couple of dudes for good measure.

It is just stupid the amount of talent they have.

I know they were hyped as the most talented team in the country pre-season, and I rolled my eyes like everyone else. But now, when you see this offense, they have future NFL starters all over the place. Not just NFL players, but NFL starters.

That RB duo of Henderson/Judkins is crazy good. And they roll out the 3rd stringer and he runs over a couple of dudes for good measure.

I will say their Special teams looked like shit and their defense is good, but they look like you can move the ball on them. And I’m sure they believe the defense can get better going forward. But yeah…

That offense is crazy sick Egbuke(sp?) Judkins and Henderson are all 1st picks. Judkins will probably be the highest drafted RB since Sequan Barkley. Plus they have 3 o-linemen that will go in the 1st 4 rounds. Howard is probably the weakest link on that offense. We’ll see if anyone can make Howard beat them with his arm?

Same; sorry to hijack.

I say its time to put sensors in the ball and on the field & players, and let AI call the games.

it was clearly targeting. All
Nope they have gotten targeting wrong pretty much all season because the NCAA is scared of legal liability.

The rule is forceable contact to the head or neck or leading with the crown of the helmet.

None of that occurred on the play... The main contact between the DL & the QB was a two-handed push to the chest. The helmets contacting was incidental and you can tell because the QB, who is tiny, didn't have his head move back at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT