ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone that is being honest knew this would be a long rebuild

I’m starting to feel sorry for the kids/players
this is like deciding to major in Spanish only to find out none of your teachers speak Spanish.

Nebraska needs to reset its recruiting focus if its ever going to return to respectability. Frost used the UCF playbook on this team, trying to recruit the best players possible per the 247 or Rivals experts, in far flung places, instead of focusing on getting a base of decent players in and around Nebraska and in the Big Ten footprint. This was a necessary step that was skipped since the core of this team was so rotten. Nebraska needs weight room and practice warriors that live and die with the W’s and L’s to set the culture of the team first, then you sprinkle in the top recruits.

Lastly, the Big 10 west is full of sharks right now for coaches. I think we’ll look back 10 years from now and we’ll be amazed. Fleck and Brohm look like rising superstars. Ferentz is the dean of CFB coaches and a likely HOF’er. Fitzgerald is right behind him. Chryst has an incredible win percentage over .700 and 2 NY6 wins. Lovie is probably the worst coach and he went to a superbowl once. Nebraska fans need to embrace that this conference is tough to win and better than you thought. Respect it and your opponents.

Reactions: Vito Corleone
Frost had one year as a head coach at a school loaded with talent. This is year #2 and the defense is still horrible. Blame the players and hooded sweatshirts ... You aren’t getting it done. Winning in the Big 10 isn’t like coaching at UCF.

Reactions: Chuck003
Maybe. Just maybe he is a one hit wonder. From what I have seen, it would appear that way unless he proves everyone wrong. Will he? I highly doubt it. Next year will be 5-7 and I am being generous. Give him two more years and if he doesn't improve? Fire his ass like anyone else. i don't care what college he went to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT