ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know where the jets that did the flyover come from?

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
Yes they came from the north. I mean where based. I think they were T38's. Didn't know if we had any at offitt? Pretty sure that the Nebraska air guard doesn't have them but I could be wrong.

No T-38s at Offutt or NE ANG....did you happen to catch the fin flash (2 letter code on the tail)?

Nope. I was in easE stadium and didn't know they were there until too late. Plus they flew more to our side so we were looking at their bellies.

I didn't think they were at offitt and was pretty sure that the Nebraska ANG only had refuelers these days.

F18 Super Hornet?

FA-18_Hornet_VFA-41.jpg

Can anyone provide pictures? You said t38, the air force has the T38 talon jet but being replaced
It was definitely a T38 talon. I couldn't get my phone fast enough to take a picture but I am very fluent on my aircraft as military aircraft is a fasicnation of mine

Yes they came from the north. I mean where based. I think they were T38's. Didn't know if we had any at offitt? Pretty sure that the Nebraska air guard doesn't have them but I could be wrong.
They were T38s. No clue where from. Brother said they were parked at Lincoln airport when he landed his Comanche Saturday morning.

Reactions: huskerfan66
It was Doug Masters and Chappy Sinclair. That's just what I heard.

Some military pilot friends of mine had told me Lincoln was a refueling area on cross country hops and they could do fly by's easily as they were generally going to be in the area anyway.

Reactions: huskerfan66
They were in Lincoln all week. The Saturday or Sunday before there were 7 of them that flew over Lincoln all at once. I heard them flying around a few times mid week as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT