ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Conn ready to commit?

LaughingLaughingLaughingRollingLaugh
imagine being this guy ^^^
tenor.gif

Reactions: jeans15
Amazing how so many posts start out good and then take a ever so predicable route to Iowa or Husker glory years....yawn.

Back to reality- Conn would be a great addition another big bodied Midwest kid, keep the big uglies coming. Blaise has some very nice nice film. As a comparison Garrett Nelson (the jury is still out) I hear had a great spring and that he's playing well...I see the same motor skill/drive in Gunnerson. I'm liking where we're trending, I think we'll be at least double our #'s of current commits in the next 2-3 weeks. GBR

Amazing how so many posts start out good and then take a ever so predicable route to Iowa or Husker glory years....yawn.

Back to reality- Conn would be a great addition another big bodied Midwest kid, keep the big uglies coming. Blaise has some very nice nice film. As a comparison Garrett Nelson (the jury is still out) I hear had a great spring and that he's playing well...I see the same motor skill/drive in Gunnerson. I'm liking where we're trending, I think we'll be at least double our #'s of current commits in the next 2-3 weeks. GBR

I like what you're thinking!!

Watts, Gunnerson, and Hutmacher would be my top three that I'd like to see N (besides who we already have committed). Some good talent from the 500mi radius.

At Nebraska, the football team has been highly successful since its beginning. From an UNSCORED upon season to undefeated season after undefeated season. All without Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Bo Pelini, or Scott Frost.

If SF does not become a highly successful hire, that is still not the end of the road.

It may seem like it for some, or be all some need to think it is, but over the long run history sure as heck does not say that.

It just takes someone who can get it done.
True, Nebraska has always seemed to bounce back from down periods. 41'-61' was even worse than these last 20 years. We seem to be in a cycle since the very beginning. 15-20 years of good. 15- 20 years of bad to average. I hope Frost is the guy to lead us to the next good cycle.

Last edited:

Lol its the offseason. All we have right now is hating Iowa and remembering the glory years. Those are a constant

Reactions: jeans15
Bo would probably still be here if he wasn't a lunatic.

If Frost produces the same results as Pelini over the next 6 years (9-10 wins every year, but no conference championships), he will not be fired. Unless he has 2-3 losing seasons in a row, he will be here as long as he wants to be. Or unless we hire another idiot AD like Eichorst after Moos retires.

If Frost produces the same results as Pelini over the next 6 years (9-10 wins every year, but no conference championships), he will not be fired. Unless he has 2-3 losing seasons in a row, he will be here as long as he wants to be. Or unless we hire another idiot AD like Eichorst after Moos retires.
Lets hope he is not our Kirk Ferentz and can accomplish more. Yes If he can get at least 9 wins most years, he will be safe.

Bo would not be here. He could not recruit, scheme, delegate, hire, evaluate, lead, anything. He's a coordinator at best, an ego maniacal psychopath at worst.

recruits are concerned with what a team has done within the last 5 years...since they were like 12 when that time period began. We are and have been an absolute dumpster fire since 2014...I hope fans fully understand how far we had fallen when Frost took over...much farther than when Bo took over and in an era where lack of depth is nearly impossible to erase. Everything that has changed about college football has benefited the richest teams in the areas with the most talent. The change to juco/walkon/roster size, the change to academics, the change to satellite camps, the propensity of transfers, the transfer rules, HS football academies, elite 11...nothing happens in college football unless it benefits Alabama, Clemson, Georgia..and as a result decades of these changes have left the likes of Iowa state and nebraska on equal footing. We have a larger fan base that is dying out and giving less, and we have one more generation of former players willing to coach us...we are one failed coach away from being permanently irrelevant.
I think you’d be amazed at how much history people know....

Reactions: huskerssalts
Not sure the purpose of waiting with some of these guys? I would be shocked if we don't get Gunnerson.
Because he's visiting ISU and there is a legitimate chance he's a Cyclone soon. He's far from a lock. That said, GBR.

My post was only quoted off yours because you had a CB saying Okie State. Trust me, I gave a crap less what you said, thought or any of that. It only connected to yours because of Crystal Ball predictions. I was merely trying post about our Huskers gaining 2 CBs for Conn. Some of you guys on this board are wound so tight, if it looks like someone looks at you wrong...your panties get into bind.

My post was only quoted off yours because you had a CB saying Okie State. Trust me, I gave a crap less what you said, thought or any of that. It only connected to yours because of Crystal Ball predictions. I was merely trying post about our Huskers gaining 2 CBs for Conn. Some of you guys on this board are wound so tight, if it looks like someone looks at you wrong...your panties get into bind.

Uhh cool...

Negativity about the past isn’t helpful, yet I also realize that one has to be 27 or 28 to have any memory of NU’s last National or Conference championship. Many of us who are much older have the increasingly distant past to hold onto. If we didn’t, perhaps we’d be less excited about the program, too.

You mentioned the last four years as being tough on us as fans. Really, just the last four years have been tough?

Ya know, here's the way I look at it.. If we go O-fer for the remainder of time, Nebraska fans have something (11 or 12 times over) that neither Iowa or Iowa State fans have. Yep, we have played for modern day National Championships that many times. We have 5 claimed National Championships, 9 unclaimed National Championships, and a 70% all-time winning percentage. Pity the losers that have had to suffer through anything less.

I've witnessed 3 of those opportunities in person, with us winning National Championships in the Orange Bowl in early '95, and the Fiesta Bowl in early '96. I have photos, videos, and memories that neither fan base has ever experienced, and likely never will. And we've had this opportunity 11 or 12 times (in many of our lifetimes) whether it be in person or on TV.

We've gone through a tough 18 year period for Husker football, but we have a good coaching staff in place, and the head guy knows what it takes to reach the summit of college football.

We as Husker fans have had it pretty good, and it's about to get good again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT