ADVERTISEMENT

Akron QB visiting

New OC will want pocket QBs...maybe Frost does turn the keys over? Be odd to see a QB who can throw accurately. Haarberg stays and Smothers leaves so we will need 2 transfers

New OC will want pocket QBs...maybe Frost does turn the keys over? Be odd to see a QB who can throw accurately. Haarberg stays and Smothers leaves so we will need 2 transfers
Smothers was actually pretty damned accurate in that Iowa game. The thing that turns people off on his is his throwing motion....UUGLY. BUT he hit put the ball where it needed to be and on time. That INT was just something that happens with those option pass routes.

But plenty of time to comment on players who you haven't even seen play. Makes a lot of sense.
How long does it take you to leave a comment? For me, it takes around 15 seconds. Yes, I have 15 seconds available in my day. I do not, though, have 3 hours available to watch Akron games. How about you? Obviously you have and know that he is awesome, despite being a back up quarterback to a 2-10 MAC team with less mobility than Ben Roethlisberger.

FYI Akron gave up 63 sacks this year, which is by far the most in the country, and over twice as many sacks as our line gave up this season. So keep in mind he played behind the worst offensive line in the country and probably had to scramble for his life a lot.
Did not know that, thanks for posting. May be something there then, 10 tds, 0 ints and 70% completion percentage behind a god awful line is a lot more impressive than first thought.

Did not know that, thanks for posting. May be something there then, 10 tds, 0 ints and 70% completion percentage behind a god awful line is a lot more impressive than first thought.

TOS has him ranked as the 6th best transfer QB, fwiw.

How long does it take you to leave a comment? For me, it takes around 15 seconds. Yes, I have 15 seconds available in my day. I do not, though, have 3 hours available to watch Akron games. How about you? Obviously you have and know that he is awesome, despite being a back up quarterback to a 2-10 MAC team with less mobility than Ben Roethlisberger.

Yes, I did watch Akron games. Made a decent chunk backing them because their offense was very underrated once they switched to gibson. That's why I know what I'm talking about and you don't.

FYI Akron gave up 63 sacks this year, which is by far the most in the country, and over twice as many sacks as our line gave up this season. So keep in mind he played behind the worst offensive line in the country and probably had to scramble for his life a lot.

He stood in there and made the throws while taking hits. Doesn't lean back away from the contact like AM2 mostly did.

I don't buy it. You have 67 words in this post. The average person types about 40 WPM. This post alone would have taken you over 1 1/2 minutes. Of course, unless you type like 268 WPM.

In conclusion, you sir are a liar.

I don't buy it. You have 67 words in this post. The average person types about 40 WPM. This post alone would have taken you over 1 1/2 minutes. Of course, unless you type like 268 WPM.

In conclusion, you sir are a liar.
It is an average. Like this post, which clocks at 10.5 seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: Mack In Motion
Did some idiots in this thread forget our best receiver this year was a transfer from Montana?
I don't give a shit where a guy is from. Can he play? And I trust a Cubsker saying he looks decent more than I do whiny bitches.
The issue, son, is that he was a back up quarterback on a bad team from a bad conference. Toure was not a badk up, he was an FCS all american who set the record for most receiving yards in an FCS playoff game. Just a little different, wouldn't ya say?

His resume isn't exactly what you would want in a scholarship transfer QB.
I agree. Maybe he’s being looked at because he’s a good fit as a pro style QB? Or a high floor back up/fall back plan for a starter? Smothers and Haarberg are decent prospects. Maybe this kid is Plan C is add to the mix if higher priority targets don’t sign on?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Max Johnson, starting QB from LSU, is available. His brother, #1 TE recruit for 2022, decomitted from LSU as well. Time for Mickey Joseph to do his thing. Their father is former NFL QB Brad Johnson.
Remember how the careers of other kids with nfl fathers went at NU?

Remember how the careers of other kids with nfl fathers went at NU?
They weren't the #1 TE or a kid with Johnson's arm talent. Baker Steinkuhler was pretty damned good as I recall. Just admit that you made a generalization that doesn't always hold true. Warner was a pretty good walk on for us. The chubby Cheeto eating toker WR wasn't great.

The issue, son, is that he was a back up quarterback on a bad team from a bad conference. Toure was not a badk up, he was an FCS all american who set the record for most receiving yards in an FCS playoff game. Just a little different, wouldn't ya say?
We're pretty desperate with Luke's transfer and the Texas recruit's ACL surgery for depth in our QB room. I would say there is nothing wrong with taking a kid with arm talent who just put up the stats last year he did regardless of his team's record. Akron was horrible and that's why he's bailing. It's a depth issue and the kid at least has a fair number of D-1 starts under his belt. Depth. That is all. We're going hard after some other P5 QBs in the portal as well.

Can’t put my finger on it but I’m not that excited about Picking up Zach Gibson..

Better judgement is who coach Whipple wants..

That's like saying I don't want 5-star recruits because some don't work out. Would you like Raiola's kid? That's former Husker AND NFL kid. Oooooh! Double whammy!
There was a tad bit of sarcasm I had in my post, should’ve clarified that hopefully it wouldn’t go the route of mcaffery, baby Keyshawn, or mustache ride kade W.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There was a tad bit of sarcasm I had in my post, should’ve clarified that hopefully it wouldn’t go the route of mcaffery, baby Keyshawn, or mustache ride kade W.
for a walk on Kade helped us. Baby Key was a flop. McCaffrey helped us. It's just too bad he didn't want to play WR. IMO, KeyJr. was a just another case of Riley taking highly ranked kids without really evaluating their potential. He had a lot of those kind of recruits it seemed. When you look at Brad Johnson's career and attitude, it would be hard to look the other way at his kids. Super smart, tough and an under rated athlete. If his kids are half the player he was they're going to be good.

@cubsker major crushing on this kid.
Love how they said he’s 6th in the transfer portal. Well that keeps dropping as others come in. Also keep in mind he ranks below Sevion Morrison on total ranking. Did you think Morrison was a top tier back?

Gibson…

Did he win a lot of games in college? No

Did he win the starting job @ Akron? No he finishes 3rd on the depth but eventually became starter due to the other guys being unavailable

Are is stats Fantastic? Not really, he was shut out in his last game he played.

and mostly just joking her. If they pick him up I really hope we find a second QB portal guy. If Gibson is next years QB, Scott better start packing Now. Zach may be a good one down the road but that’s year away

Reactions: artguy68
2021 showed much improvement over 2020… 109 out of 157 (69%) for 1262 yards, 10 tds, no interceptions.

It’s a foreign concept to us, but he improved from one year to the next. So there’s that…
Wait, a qb can improve? i thought they start by looking good, then go on to be inconsistent, frustrating and injury plagued.

Reactions: gw2kpro
Morrison was given an opportunity and mostly failed. Gibson was given an opportunity and mostly played well.

If he was third string during the season, it's interesting that they had the third string guy throw 40 passes and they had the second string guy throw 2 vs WMU. The week before, they apparently let the third string guy throw 31, while having the second string guy throw 1. Makes a lot of sense.

Morrison was given an opportunity and mostly failed. Gibson was given an opportunity and mostly played well.

If he was third string during the season, it's interesting that they had the third string guy throw 40 passes and they had the second string guy throw 2 vs WMU. The week before, they apparently let the third string guy throw 31, while having the second string guy throw 1. Makes a lot of sense.

Multiple staff members were in to see Myles Brennan

Personally would prefer Cubba Purdy and his 4 years of eligibility

Oh I’m just of messing with you. He did start the season 3rd string though. Good luck to Zach where ever he ends up. Maybe he will be one you can tell us all “I told you so”. Seriously all respect

Reactions: ATX Husker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT