ADVERTISEMENT

Coming from a guy that hates to be late.

If I read that correctly there are STILL some players showing up late to meetings and such?!

That's a pet peeve of mine.
That’s a losing mentality. I don’t know who is doing that, but I would bet it’s mainly from our group of deplorables who were gifted a “four star” rating back in HS.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
When you’re early, you’re on time. When you’re on time, you’re late, when you’re late, you’re disrespectful to everyone.
When a coach says practice/film session begins at 8 a.m., lock the door to the room and tell them to come back tomorrow on time.

Shit happens, flat tires, etc. It can be occassional, not chronic.

Last edited:
for every minute late, how many stadium stairs?

oh I forgot they are 3-8 special

Last edited:
I HATE being late, it makes me feel horrible.

With that said, I do not believe that if you are late that it means you can't be trusted to do the right thing on the football field. But again, just be on time.

There is a thing called Time Blindness, where some people just can't make it on time. I always just thought that was called Female, but I guess now it is Time Blindness.

Any of you work with a lot of females? The lateness is astounding.

With that said, I do not believe that if you are late that it means you can't be trusted to do the right thing on the football field. But again, just be on time.

There is a thing called Time Blindness, where some people just can't make it on time. I always just thought that was called Female, but I guess now it is Time Blindness.

I swear if I'm going out for date night with my wife she'll make us 5 minutes late whether she starts getting ready 3 hours beforehand or 45 minutes beforehand. And she caught on to my lying about the reservation being 15 minutes earlier then it actually is.

The one time I have a problem with people starting early is with my business. We have customers who want to come in before we open, sometimes like 30 minutes before. We open the door 5 minutes before we open but sometimes they sit outside the door knocking wanting to come in and when we tell them we're not open yet they seem upset.

Time Blindness? If they show up at 8:05 for an 8:00 practice/film session and the door is locked, it's like sending them to the Optometrist for an eye exam.

Tomorrow and the next day and the next day, they might be there on time. If not, that's doors gonna be locked again.

My goodness, all we've heard about is culture!! Isn't being on time one of the foundational blocks to building a new culture?

in my world, its the little difference that makes a big difference. Call me old school.

BE ON TIME!!

I swear if I'm going out for date night with my wife she'll make us 5 minutes late whether she starts getting ready 3 hours beforehand or 45 minutes beforehand. And she caught on to my lying about the reservation being 15 minutes earlier then it actually is.
How about the phenomenon where on the rare occasion she is on time and you are running late, right before you go out the door she forgets something and you STILL end up waiting for 5 minutes?

How about the phenomenon where on the rare occasion she is on time and you are running late, right before you go out the door she forgets something and you STILL end up waiting for 5 minutes?
You're talking about 1 or 2 people being late.

What if it's a room with a dozen players and 1-2 coaches? 12-14 people are expected to sit around because someone likes to be fashionably late?

I wonder how many players drag in late if Rhule is addressing the entire team about the importance of being on time?

Reactions: countrybob

apparently it is white supremacy...

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Time Blindness? If they show up at 8:05 for an 8:00 practice/film session and the door is locked, it's like sending them to the Optometrist for an eye exam.

Tomorrow and the next day and the next day, they might be there on time. If not, that's doors gonna be locked again.

My goodness, all we've heard about is culture!! Isn't being on time one of the foundational blocks to building a new culture?

in my world, its the little difference that makes a big difference. Call me old school.

BE ON TIME!!
Yeah, "Time Blindness" is new. Basically, we have gone insane.

• Love
Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3

Asking, because you don’t know any that will talk to you?

I work with females. They are professional and on time.

Ok, this is one of those articles where basically they have run out of everything to talk about, reporters and coaches alike.. so we get this nugget.. a bunch of fans pile on.. I'm sure it means championship football and everyone then re-affirms what an outstanding job the coach is doing.

More than likely that poster works in a setting where there is not a "start time" so it is not something people notice.

We have to be in the building by 7:25am.
We don’t have a set time to be in the building. When you are valued as a professional, they don’t get petty about things like they do for dime-a-dozen hourlies. We’ve earned that by our education, our experience, and the fact we work long hours.

We do have many meetings, and the females are on time. Do you know why? Because they are professionals with valuable careers. And I know their careers are more valuable that yours. How do I know? Because you have a set time to be in the door.

Reactions: king_kong_
We don’t have a set time to be in the building. When you are valued as a professional, they don’t get petty about things like they do for dime-a-dozen hourlies. We’ve earned that by our education, our experience, and the fact we work long hours.

We do have many meetings, and the females are on time. Do you know why? Because they are professionals with valuable careers. And I know their careers are more valuable that yours. How do I know? Because you have a set time to be in the door.
Translation

They don't have a set time because they can't handle being on time.

The one time I have a problem with people starting early is with my business. We have customers who want to come in before we open, sometimes like 30 minutes before. We open the door 5 minutes before we open but sometimes they sit outside the door knocking wanting to come in and when we tell them we're not open yet they seem upset.
That’s ridiculous.Opening the door 5 minutes before is plenty early in my opinion.

It's just an excuse to enable people. It probably goes down to that sense of entitlement that some folks have.

Lol, I have to do the 15 lie to some of my golf buddy's

I believe that people that use the words "Time blindness" are just talking in dog whistle like the racists they are. I have it on good authority from most black comedians over the last thirty years that "black people do this...white people do this" and being on time is one of those things. If you assume who the black comedians say is never on time, you are a racist. <sarcasm>

Is this just a built in excuse for the fact we had almost no NFL talent on the team over the last decade? And instead of focusing on the fact it doesn't appear our talent will get appreciably better we have to instead look at the fact guys are going to be four minutes earlier to meetings. Wasn't Frost and Moos going to make kids clean up their laundry and that would fix all of the problems, when the problems were actually caused by non-d1 players playing major minutes. Seems like an appropriate cover for making 7-8 million a year but not recruiting at such a level. Don't blame the lack of talent, blame the lack of discipline. Lol. Every team tries hard, every coach is organized enough, knows the game enough to win at a high level...not every coach gets top talent...that is the difference between winning and losing.

I believe that people that use the words "Time blindness" are just talking in dog whistle like the racists they are. I have it on good authority from most black comedians over the last thirty years that "black people do this...white people do this" and being on time is one of those things. If you assume who the black comedians say is never on time, you are a racist. <sarcasm>
Saw a comic say something like "I will do racist jokes, I just do them at the start of the show, before the black fans show up"

Saw a comic say something like "I will do racist jokes, I just do them at the start of the show, before the black fans show up"
I saw that joke. I think it might have been Andrew Schultz who is hilarious. He has a podcast and there is a short video with him talking to the other two guys on the show how one of them is consistently fifteen minutes late EVERY day.

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
I saw that joke. I think it might have been Andrew Schultz who is hilarious. He has a podcast and there is a short video with him talking to the other two guys on the show how one of them is consistently fifteen minutes late EVERY day.
Yeah, I butchered the joke, but it was sort of like that.

And he is super funny. I am sure that dude that got mad at me for saying females are often late to work will not approve of my version of that joke or the original from Andrew.

Reactions: resdog851
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT