ADVERTISEMENT

Akron QB visiting

10 TD and 0 INT is nice.
The Akron QB? That's not what I saw I guess. I saw 5 TDs and 4 INTs in 2020 and a one win season and he was third team this year until injuries put him in the starting role. I have no idea if the kid is good or not. At least he has some experience as a D-1 starter I guess.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
"Circumstances pressed Gibson into service during the pandemic-shortened 2020 campaign, where he started all six games and finished 76-of-132 passing for 784 yards, four TDs and five picks as Akron went 1-5."

I don't like that part of the article.

The Akron QB? That's not what I saw I guess. I saw 5 TDs and 4 INTs in 2020 and a one win season and he was third team this year until injuries put him in the starting role. I have no idea if the kid is good or not. At least he has some experience as a D-1 starter I guess.

This year it is 10 TD 0 INT

Reactions: dinglefritz
2021 showed much improvement over 2020… 109 out of 157 (69%) for 1262 yards, 10 tds, no interceptions.

It’s a foreign concept to us, but he improved from one year to the next. So there’s that…
did he start any games this year or just mop up duty? I was lookin for the win/loss stats, but he prob didn't start is what I'm guessing.

Had a good year this year. Would like to know why he didn't start every game? Their other QBs stunk. Akron played with an all freshman OL this year, which is interesting.

Looks like he has some talent.

Yeah!!! We could continue the change of QB names

Adrian Tanner Steve Taylor Tommy Zac(h) Lee Martinez Gibson Frazier Armstrong

Last edited:
Max Johnson, starting QB from LSU, is available. His brother, #1 TE recruit for 2022, decomitted from LSU as well. Time for Mickey Joseph to do his thing. Their father is former NFL QB Brad Johnson.
I watched that recent interview with Mickey Joseph.. he seems like a very good coach and guy in general. I hope he can help bring over some recruits like you're saying..

kind of long, but here it is

I looked up Gibson's college film and found this game losing highlight. Looked like one of Adrian's 4th quarter blunders. Maybe someone can fill me in on why we are interested in a 2 star, backup G5 QB, who's only FBS offer was from Akron.

Gibson highlight:

That was a bad play. However, he almost single handedly won that game as a three score underdog. His team was down 28-10 to start the 4th qtr. 10 plays, 90 yds, TD. 7 plays, 73 yds, TD + 2 pt, and then 12 plays, 54 yds and fumbled on the 1.

He can throw the ball, has a well above average arm.

I watched that recent interview with Mickey Joseph.. he seems like a very good coach and guy in general. I hope he can help bring over some recruits like you're saying..

kind of long, but here it is

I think he offered like six Louisiana kids today. This kid just decommitted from LSU.

Cant wait to see what he can do for us on the recruiting trail.

That was a bad play. However, he almost single handedly won that game as a three score underdog. His team was down 28-10 to start the 4th qtr. 10 plays, 90 yds, TD. 7 plays, 73 yds, TD + 2 pt, and then 12 plays, 54 yds and fumbled on the 1.

He can throw the ball, has a well above average arm.
very 2AM like. Just what we need. See why Frost offered him.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Come on, folks. We can do better than the QB of a 2-10 team with -56 career rushing yards after 17 games played.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Akron just hired Joe Moorehead as HC

Telling this kid to hit the bricks must’ve been his first order of business

Reactions: Yantzeee
Geez us, third stringer from Akron. Scotty has really driven this once proud program into the sewer. Has Frost totally lost touch with reality, has he finally cracked under the pressure or is he just fvkcing with us. I think he has lost it, between recruiting, hiring coaches, losing players, most everyone in the state hating him, he has finally gone mad.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT