ADVERTISEMENT

Akron QB visiting

I agree. Maybe he’s being looked at because he’s a good fit as a pro style QB? Or a high floor back up/fall back plan for a starter? Smothers and Haarberg are decent prospects. Maybe this kid is Plan C is add to the mix if higher priority targets don’t sign on?
nm

I would like both. Especially if Chubby is still rehabbing his shoulder.
We really need 2 guys if we're going to take somebody with a recent injury. With the other offers that the Akron QB had, I suspect he's going to go to a team with a little more recent success than NU.

Reactions: ATX Husker
We really need 2 guys if we're going to take somebody with a recent injury. With the other offers that the Akron QB had, I suspect he's going to go to a team with a little more recent success than NU.

I think he wants more of a guarantee he can play right away. He’s visiting GT and I bet he commits there .

Reactions: ATX Husker
I think he wants more of a guarantee he can play right away. He’s visiting GT and I bet he commits there .
wow. There are multiple power 5 schools needing a QB and in a better place than GT. Why there? Is he and engineering major or something? New offense, new OC has to be as good as it gets for a transfer QB. No way Smothers scares a pro-style QB.

wow. There are multiple power 5 schools needing a QB and in a better place than GT. Why there? Is he and engineering major or something? New offense, new OC has to be as good as it gets for a transfer QB. No way Smothers scares a pro-style QB.

No, Smothers won’t scare away anyone. But we can’t guarantee we won’t take another portal QB. We really do need someone we know can be the guy and make us better right away (Brennan, Gabriel, Rattler) and can’t stop recruiting them for a guy like Purdy or Gibson.

Reactions: BleedRed78
No, Smothers won’t scare away anyone. But we can’t guarantee we won’t take another portal QB. We really do need someone we know can be the guy and make us better right away (Brennan, Gabriel, Rattler) and can’t stop recruiting them for a guy like Purdy or Gibson.
I'm not hung up on how many stars a guy had coming out of high school. I would rather have the Akron kid than Rattler. Brennan never showed me much but I didn't watch him a lot either. Gabriel I liked but he might be another Adrian. I'll trust this new OC to identify a good player but I'm not going to bitch if I don't recognize his name. Just get us a healthy smart kid who can execute the offense to compete with Smothers.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm not hung up on how many stars a guy had coming out of high school. I would rather have the Akron kid than Rattler. Brennan never showed me much but I didn't watch him a lot either. Gabriel I liked but he might be another Adrian. I'll trust this new OC to identify a good player but I'm not going to bitch if I don't recognize his name. Just get us a healthy smart kid who can execute the offense to compete with Smothers.

Man, not sure I see these kids the same way. Brennan threw for over 1,100 yards and 11 TD’s in three games against SEC competition before he got hurt. He is good. And Gabriel might be another AM? In what way? The kid had 32 TD and 4 INT in 2020. 70 TD to 14 INT for his career.

Man, not sure I see these kids the same way. Brennan threw for over 1,100 yards and 11 TD’s in three games against SEC competition before he got hurt. He is good. And Gabriel might be another AM? In what way? The kid had 32 TD and 4 INT in 2020. 70 TD to 14 INT for his career.
Adrian in the way big talent, low football IQ. I really liked what I saw of Gabriel his first year. My main point is that I'll trust Whipple to make the call on who to try to get.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT