ADVERTISEMENT

AD Search

But I was really wanting to be outraged about them just settling for a ex-husker
Hiring a search firm means they are following at least minimum university protocols for hiring an employee who surely will be paid over $1mil/year. They may or may not already know who they intend to hire. I doubt the Moos’ retirement would have happened so fast if they didn’t already have a commitment from the desired candidate.

Reactions: CT-NUred
Was a search firm used for moos?

Yes, it looks like they used a firm called Turnkey.

I saw that Jamie Pollard was mentioned as a possible candidate. How would we feel about that? I don't know much about him, but seems to do ok...

I saw that Jamie Pollard was mentioned as a possible candidate. How would we feel about that? I don't know much about him, but seems to do ok...

Going to be a bunch of guys who's AD's will want to link them to the job. This was so quick, something tells me Pollard was one of them:

Going to be a bunch of guys who's AD's will want to link them to the job. This was so quick, something tells me Pollard was one of them:

Why leave? Unless they are doubling his salary, why go?

ISU is a P5 school with pretty much zero football expectations. If Campbell bolts, JP still gets another 6 years to be AD even with shitty football.

He is in a zero pressure gig with the exception of some tiny basketball pressure.

• Haha
Reactions: Top Clone
He made a few good hires being MBB and FB. Not sure what the riff was between him and hoiberg.

He was smart enough that when he hired Campbell that he put a buyout price tag on him so high there was nobody gonna come after him for several years until his footprint was well stamped in Ames

Why leave? Unless they are doubling his salary, why go?

ISU is a P5 school with pretty much zero football expectations. If Campbell bolts, JP still gets another 6 years to be AD even with shitty football.

He is in a zero pressure gig with the exception of some tiny basketball pressure.

True, but simply low expectations aren’t what everyone is looking for. But I assume his agent was looking for a pay raise, putting his name out there.

Yes, it looks like they used a firm called Turnkey.

Turnkey did the recent AD/HC search for KU. I personally think they hit a HR on both of them.

True, but simply low expectations aren’t what everyone is looking for. But I assume his agent was looking for a pay raise, putting his name out there.
Pollard, along w our major sport head coaches, took a sizable pay cut during the Covid. Neither he or Campbell have agents. No way he’d use rumors to get a pay raise like the Hawkeye FB coach has.

Reactions: drubendall
This will be a fast hire folks. No need to get worked up at names being put out in the media about not being a candidate, not interested, blah blah crap.

Always remember Lar's tweet every time you near a name not Ed Stewart in the media.

My prediction is they do a "national search" but the guy they have as their top target has always been known and it's just a matter of finalizing things with the official background, contracts, official interview, etc, etc.

If you believe that I have some beautiful beach front property to sell you in Greenland.
Obviously you don't understand how the wording of public statements is constructed to keep from burning future bridges and to save face.

By the way, Greenland likely will have plenty of future beach front property after global warming fully kicks in. Laughing

What I'd do is make a head of NIL job that the interim takes over and hire Ed Stewart for the AD job that the interim reports to for the NIL stuff.

If the NIL stuff goes very well next month, then I could see the interim guy become a legit option for the AD job.

It can be his, I just need a SS# and a CC#.

Maybe I should have went with Antarctica, but still, anyone gullible enough to believe the AD at freaking Iowa State told Nebraska to take a hike is truly special.
The 1980's called and wants you back.

Yes, without a doubt, the AD at Iowa State would...and did...tell Nebraska he's not interested in leaving Iowa State. It was not a hard decision for him.

It can be his, I just need a SS# and a CC#.

Maybe I should have went with Antarctica, but still, anyone gullible enough to believe the AD at freaking Iowa State told Nebraska to take a hike is truly special.
So you are saying that Jamie Pollard is interested in the Nebraska opening?

The 1980's called and wants you back.

Yes, without a doubt, the AD at Iowa State would...and did...tell Nebraska he's not interested in leaving Iowa State. It was not a hard decision for him.

The 80’s, super funny. No he didn’t, Nebraska’s guy has already been leaked. But rest assured, your AD will be out of the town the first time a legit school does want him.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Obviously you don't understand how the wording of public statements is constructed to keep from burning future bridges and to save face.

By the way, Greenland likely will have plenty of future beach front property after global warming fully kicks in. Laughing

Obviusly you don’t understand how these things work. The guy was asked at a PC about internet rumors of him going to Nebraska and he said he’s not interested. Of course he’s not, he isn’t a candidate. But it makes everyone at ISU feel good to pretend he could be.

This is just like when Danny White was the internet rumor, before Moos got the job. He talked about how he loves UCF, etc and would never leave (because he wasn’t actually a candidate) and then was on the first train out of town when he got a good offer.

Obviusly you don’t understand how these things work. The guy was asked at a PC about internet rumors of him going to Nebraska and he said he’s not interested. Of course he’s not, he isn’t a candidate. But it makes everyone at ISU feel good to pretend he could be.

This is just like when Danny White was the internet rumor, before Moos got the job. He talked about how he loves UCF, etc and would never leave (because he wasn’t actually a candidate) and then was on the first train out of town when he got a good offer.
I understand perfectly how these things work after having watched the process for years.

It's not hard to know how these things work. People every year will "pretend" to have been a candidate for a raise. Like PJ Fleck and the TN job. He was never contacted, but he sure made it known to the Minneapolis media that he turned TN away.

In the AD world the search firm will contact a lot of people to get feelers out and work through a list. It's the prime time to pretend you are a candidate for a raise and nobody is an official candidate without filling out an application for employment for HR legal reasons.

beach front property on Greenland is quite expensive.

someone's got some investment savvy!
Speaking of beach front property and sorry if this is too political and I apologize for the sidetrack of this.

But IF states and countries were so worried about global warming and the rising sea level, why wouldn't they invest heavily in desalination plants and use the water for drinking, irrigation and trying to offset the dry foliage that causes wildfires.

Again I apologize and carry on with the regularly scheduled program

Seriously. They don’t even play baseball, had their worst hoops season in forever and are riding high on a fluke covid football season.

Give me a break. Isu is a joke & matt campbell is a coward.

Hah. Sounds like you just described the last 20 years at Nebraska.

Reactions: zoiker
Seriously. They don’t even play baseball, had their worst hoops season in forever and are riding high on a fluke covid football season.

Give me a break. Isu is a joke & matt campbell is a coward.
Their BB could not be worse and Campbell gets so much love because he is at a shit school with zero expectations.

He was better at Toledo!

Show me one credible source, a journalist a publication, anything that says Nebraska is interested in him. It doesn’t exist. It is ISU fantasyland. But I’m sure he will be out of town as soon as a someone actually does.
The irony is broad and deep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT