ADVERTISEMENT

AD Program Review

You just have to "read between the lines" and keep making false claims. That way the bloners can keep blaming the A.D.!!! Come on guys, that's what true Husker fans do!

Well... that and openly hoping the team loses a bunch of games this year.

When this review first came up, there were people hoping it concerned Eichorst specifically, others hoping it didn't concern Eichorst specifically.

Here's a quote from the linked article, "UNL has engaged a leading consultant to review its diversity and inclusion efforts, and Green has identified facilities and planning as another area for review".

Looks to me like we didn't want a university of missouri type mess to occur in Lincoln.

When this review first came up, there were people hoping it concerned Eichorst specifically, others hoping it didn't concern Eichorst specifically.

Here's a quote from the linked article, "UNL has engaged a leading consultant to review its diversity and inclusion efforts, and Green has identified facilities and planning as another area for review".

Looks to me like we didn't want a university of missouri type mess to occur in Lincoln.
Facilities and Maintainence at UNL is a joke. 50 percent of them could be gone tomorrow, and production would actually INCREASE

Reactions: Laces_Out_Dan
I have skimmed the report, it is very positive. For anyone in a major leadership position these are very stressful. SE looks to have established a very positive culture in the system and is well respected across the conference and the nation. That is very good.

How many of us have an in-depth evaluation done on us and published for the entire world to read? Yea, I know, someone will talk about all of the money. Still, it is a big job and it appears by these metrics he is performing well.

Reactions: Crushinator
I have skimmed the report, it is very positive. For anyone in a major leadership position these are very stressful. SE looks to have established a very positive culture in the system and is well respected across the conference and the nation. That is very good.

How many of us have an in-depth evaluation done on us and published for the entire world to read? Yea, I know, someone will talk about all of the money. Still, it is a big job and it appears by these metrics he is performing well.

Like SE or not (and I'm neutral), this reinforces his solid footing going forward.

Who did pick up the bill on this one?
I'm not sure, but I did hear some rumblings about the firm chosen as having some link to a member of the BOR. Also, isn't the new chancellor the one who ordered the study? If so, the U is probably paying for it on a condition of him taking the job.

Last edited:
Our athletic department is performing well, except for in the two sports that matter the most and generate the most revenue.

I don't think anyone ever doubted that our academic support and women's sports are great. But the athletic director's job security will always be tied to the success of the football program.

I'm not sure, but I did hear some rumblings about the firm chosen as having some link to a member of the BOR. Also, isn't the new chancellor the one who ordered the study? If so, the U is probably paying for it on a condition of him taking the job.

So I'm curious, do you fall on the side of the fence that the BOR was just waiting to use the new chancellor to oust the whole football hierarchy (including Eichorst)? Or are you asserting that their money bought the opposite, the BOR is really in SE/Riley's pocket and they paid for a shiny new review so they can fend off fan calls for heads after a potentially disappointing year this year?

Those are widely divergent views on whether the BOR intends to keep the hierarchy or not. Previously everyone said it was obvious that the former was true.

Wait... just a few years ago when Harold defended Blo on the "roundtable" (aka slanted radio with a bunch of clowns threatening people) it was all about how Blo was the best leader and kids got super good grades!
But I agree with your message. It will always be measured that way, unless the A.D.'s name was Osborne, or one of his hand-picked successors.

Reactions: Laces_Out_Dan
So I'm curious, do you fall on the side of the fence that the BOR was just waiting to use the new chancellor to oust the whole football hierarchy (including Eichorst)? Or are you asserting that their money bought the opposite, the BOR is really in SE/Riley's pocket and they paid for a shiny new review so they can fend off fan calls for heads after a potentially disappointing year this year?

Those are widely divergent views on whether the BOR intends to keep the hierarchy or not. Previously everyone said it was obvious that the former was true.
I'm taking an educated guess.. New chancellor being hired wants to vet the university because he doesn't want to walk into some bad situation and wants to know up front if there are any issues. BOR says ok, do your study, we know of a firm... Obviously the BOR wants the University to pass the review, otherwise new Chancellor decides not to take the job. The actual AD department is going to jump through hoops, as they want to impress their new boss to be.. so for example, they are going to make sure to have sexual abuse victims speak to the football team among other tactics to make sure they look good. So to me, the outcome of the review was kind of decided ahead of time in minimizing any problems and maximizing the good stuff. At this review stage, both the BOR & Athletic Department want a positive outcome, (but for different reasons). I don't believe the new chancellor is being brought in to fire the AD, however any administrator worth his salt would know these undercurrents beforehand.

Is it possible the evaluation firm was fair and honest and the department is doing a good job? Or do we need to go against Achem's razor and assume there are all kinds of agendas and intrigue going on we don't understand?

BTW: Not a bad review for a department run by a guy out of touch because he is a pencil-pushing lawyer and who tries to run the department from underneath a effing rock (or so the players were told).

So....someone obviously forgot to open the file labeled "Men's Basketball." That's cool, why would you want to take anything more than a passing glance into the 2nd highest revenue sport?

I'm taking an educated guess.. New chancellor being hired wants to vet the university because he doesn't want to walk into some bad situation and wants to know up front if there are any issues. BOR says ok, do your study, we know of a firm... Obviously the BOR wants the University to pass the review, otherwise new Chancellor decides not to take the job. The actual AD department is going to jump through hoops, as they want to impress their new boss to be.. so for example, they are going to make sure to have sexual abuse victims speak to the football team among other tactics to make sure they look good. So to me, the outcome of the review was kind of decided ahead of time in minimizing any problems and maximizing the good stuff. At this review stage, both the BOR & Athletic Department want a positive outcome, (but for different reasons). I don't believe the new chancellor is being brought in to fire the AD, however any administrator worth his salt would know these undercurrents beforehand.
I saw an article about what the University was paying for this review and it certainly wasn't "Undermine your company's credibility" money. The reviewers have a business to run and they wouldn't want to ruin their reputation by making a bogus report.

We did a similar version of this at my work...it was run by our boss and not an outside firm. Everyone was terrified to answer anything honestly even though it was anonymous. At least NU got an outside firm and probably a lot more honest answers.

Wasn't our average composite sports finish 9th in the conference?
BTW...I'm ok with SE

If your counting just the sports Nebraska competes in they finished 7th for both Men and Women sports.

We under performed in Football and Basketball on the Men's side.

You just have to "read between the lines" and keep making false claims. That way the bloners can keep blaming the A.D.!!! Come on guys, that's what true Husker fans do!

Well... that and openly hoping the team loses a bunch of games this year.
So what is this "bloners" word. I asked my grand daughter who attends college and she wasn't sure and only heard the word from a couple of gays at the gym.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT