Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Looks awesome. Who starts when Sims is healthy

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Chubba

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Looks awesome. Clear starter going forward

Votes: 34 35.1%

• Total voters
what can be more exciting after the 0-2 start we've endured than HH playing well, the team responding to him, and all of a sudden we're 2-2 with a real QB controversy on our hands heading into the Mich game?!

Reactions: mgbreis and arf_man
I really don't care who plays at what position, I just want the best player to win the job and ultimately get Nebraska wins. It could be HH, Simms, Purdy, walk-on off the street, I don't care. Just look competent, play hard and win.

I’m not sure if the question is worded funny or what, but wouldn’t the obvious best thing to happen be that he looks awesome and is the clear starter?

If we’re looking at what we’d like to see I’d say at a minimum he is a game manager, and doesn't turn the ball over… if that’s the case he should still be the expected starter moving forward

what can be more exciting after the 0-2 start we've endured than HH playing well, the team responding to him, and all of a sudden we're 2-2 with a real QB controversy on our hands heading into the Mich game?!
And then after playing two cupcakes reality sets in we realize that HH is actually less of a QB then Sims.

Reactions: otismotis08
clearly best case. No hard feelings to Sims at all, but if HH shows out and puts on a Joe Ganz type clinic, why would anyone be mad? I don't believe this will happen, its gonna be somewhere in the middle, but its silly to think people don't want all the misery to just disappear.

At this point my expectations aren’t very high.

Sims has committed an entire season’s worth of turnovers in 2 freaking games.

I’d be happy if HH (or Purdy, or hell, ANYONE) could just manage the game, make decent decisions, and protect the darn ball.

I don’t think the coaches are intentionally starting their worst qb. I think sims probably looked ok in spring and camp… and when there’s a real game he shrinks in the moment.

I am all for starting someone else, but personally believe they will probably be terrible. And we are f’d this year because we have zero P5 QBs on the team.

I don’t think the coaches are intentionally starting their worst qb. I think sims probably looked ok in spring and camp… and when there’s a real game he shrinks in the moment.

I am all for starting someone else, but personally believe they will probably be terrible. And we are f’d this year because we have zero P5 QBs on the team.
I'm honestly more concerned about next year at this point. If we know anything it's that NU coaches double down on losing qb's. I'm worried about Sims continuing to have turnovers and lose games yet Rhule starts him again next year. I think that is where a lot of my anxiety with Sims comes from. If I knew HH could at least get a fair shot and Sims would be replaced if he struggles then I would probably settle down.

Reactions: king_kong_
I'm honestly more concerned about next year at this point. If we know anything it's that NU coaches double down on losing qb's. I'm worried about Sims continuing to have turnovers and lose games yet Rhule starts him again next year. I think that is where a lot of my anxiety with Sims comes from. If I knew HH could at least get a fair shot and Sims would be replaced if he struggles then I would probably settle down.
Yea

This is why I’m interested to see how Rhule handles Sims

2025 is a long way away, and we’re looking at a 1st year starter if he sticks with him

All Rhule’s previous magical year 3s were captained by 3rd year starting QBs

The best case scenario in my opinion is that HH is a better leader and decision maker on offense, and the rest of the offense comes together around him. He doesn't have to be a star.. manage the game and lead the team. That is what I want to see from HH.. regardless of the outcome of the game.

This (most likely) will be his first FULL game against actual opponents... not just clean up time... I expect there will be a few growing pains for him but would like to think that if he can settle into his skillsets he could do well enough to take over the role...

It’s too bad those poll results aren’t public

I’d be interested to see who voted for what
will-ferrell-i-messed-up.gif

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Best scenario or likely scenario?

Likely is that he is who we think he is.

Sims will most likely transfer at the end of this season so we probably won't need to worry about it.

Reactions: Huskers123456
2 straight years of what I've seen through the first 2 games would have me questioning keeping season tickets that my family has had for 75+ years.
My FIL had tickets a long time, for sure since early 90's. Just gave them up for this season. People shouldn't forget what Trev said a few weeks ago, Nebraska BADLY needs to start winning. The fan base is getting older and less invested. That's why I get sick when I hear people say that Rhule has plenty of time and there's no need to get upset about losing this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT