ADVERTISEMENT

AAU

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
Think NU got kicked out of the aau cause they couldn't count the off campus hospitals like Omaha, but then I heard our new president say something about tieing the hospitals together will some computer systems...so a I suppose to figure the "administrations" of all hospitals of the needs to be done on campus? to get NU back in the aau?

Supposedly the new president was going to work on getting Nebraska back in the AAU but I haven't seen any updates on the status of that effort IF it is actually happening.

By the way, the University of Michigan played a key role in getting Nebraska kicked out.

Think NU got kicked out of the aau cause they couldn't count the off campus hospitals like Omaha, but then I heard our new president say something about tieing the hospitals together will some computer systems...so a I suppose to figure the "administrations" of all hospitals of the needs to be done on campus? to get NU back in the aau?
Other hospitals? What other hospitals than the one at UNMC are relevant?

But UNMC is much more than a hospital. It includes “Colleges of Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health, as well as the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics & Rehabilitation and the Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer & Allied Diseases. ” Those programs are major research units and are excluded from UNL reporting for potential AAU research ranking purposes.

Here was a NU description of the AAU “problem” in 2023: “Now Nebraska is working on a plan that will include reporting research expenditures from UNL, its flagship campus in Lincoln, in tandem with the University of Nebraska Medical Center located in Omaha. Currently, Carter said, Nebraska ranks 117th nationally for federal research and development dollars. But changing the organizational structure to combine R&D reporting would bump Nebraska to 66th.”

I assume the devil is in the details or Carter’s plan would have been adopted.

Last edited:
UNMC is much more than a hospital. It includes “Colleges of Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health, as well as the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics & Rehabilitation and the Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer & Allied Diseases. ” Those programs are major research units.

Here was a NU description of the AAU “problem” in 2023: “Now Nebraska is working on a plan that will include reporting research expenditures from UNL, its flagship campus in Lincoln, in tandem with the University of Nebraska Medical Center located in Omaha. Currently, Carter said, Nebraska ranks 117th nationally for federal research and development dollars. But changing the organizational structure to combine R&D reporting would bump Nebraska to 66th.”
Any idea of the timetable for those reporting changes and the reapplication for AAU status?

University administrations turn over frequently. I doubt new candidates for UW and UM Presidencies will swear to keep UNL out of AAU.
We’ll see… I think it’s quite systemic to the core of these elites and they love to turn their nose up to “lesser” schools

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT