ADVERTISEMENT

A group called Nfluence and Adam Carriker potential Husker fraud.

Good find OP. Here is the article pasted below:

Husker fans fighting to get what they paid for after subpar gameday experience​

Mike McKnight updated 7 hours ago

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - Avid husker fan AJ Brink pictured himself and three out-of-state friends watching a Nebraska football game from a skybox.

“I was under the impression the $2,000 I paid was going toward suite tickets and that money would go to charities,” Brink said. “Instead we got some $25 tickets.”

Instead of regular stadium seats, AJ expected to watch the Minnesota game in a suite as part of a private promotion called Nebraska GameDay Experience promoted by a group called Nfluence.

“It was absolutely not what we were sold, and not what we were expecting,” Brink said.

Just before kickoff, the Minnesota gameday experience started with a red flag. The promoter posted a sign that “due to not enough seats reserved by our benefactor, all experience buyers are being refunded.” This group paid for the less expensive packages.

“Each of you paid $1,000 for two tickets plus perks did any of that come true. No.”

“We were promised refund dates, I think three or four different times,” said buyer Troy Hughes. There was a perk package to come along with it.”

“I want my money and perks to that,” said fellow buyer Cody Salsman. “I was promised perks like a Yeti Cool and custom Husker jersey.”

Through his lawyer, former husker Adam Carriker says he was never paid to be a pitchman for the Nebraska GameDay Experience. Carriker says he’s deeply saddened and angry to learn numerous fans didn’t get what they paid for.

“We are raising money for great Nebraska charities,” Carriker said.

The Nebraska football hall-of-famer says he was misled into promoting the expensive ticket package after being told proceeds would go to a dozen charities, which is one reason this fan paid $1,000.

“We were misled because we thought we had ticket perks and the money was a fundraiser for organizations doing great things in our community,” Salsman said.

6 News contacted several charities listed that proceeds would benefit. A spokesman for the Ronald McDonald House says it’s not received a donation in relation to this experience. And the Sam Foltz Foundation hasn’t heard of the promotion.

“I donate a lot to events and non-profit groups, and this makes me second guess ‘Should I be contributing,’” said buyer Adam Bayse.

Most of the Nebraska GameDay Experience fans paid with credit cards last summer and are disputing charges with their banks if it’s not too late in the game.

“It wasn’t what any of us were expecting that’s for sure,” Brink said.

In a statement, Adam Carriker says the promoter called Nfluence used his website and sent emails in his name without his knowledge or permission. Carriker’s attorney says he’s sent the promotions group a cease-and-desist letter.

One of the promoters texted that their attorney would be sending out a statement but none so far.

Carriker’s full statement:

“Last summer, a company purportedly specializing in pro bono and charitable work, and doing business as “Nfluence,” asked if I would agree to promote a charitable project, which would be known as the Husker GameDay Experience. The representatives of Nfluence represented to me that the Husker GameDay Experience would raise funds for charities by giving fans the opportunity to purchase Husker swag, suite tickets in Memorial Stadium, and watch Husker football games alongside former Husker players.

I was told that the proceeds of the Husker GameDay Experience would be donated to 12 different charities whom I knew to be reputable. Because the proceeds were going to a charitable cause, I agreed to promote the Husker GameDay Experience; however, my participation in the Husker GameDay Experience was limited to allowing upcoming events to be posted on my website and appearing on one promotional video.

I recently discovered that numerous fans who used their hard-earned money to pay for the Husker GameDay Experience never received certain tickets, swag, and other benefits that they paid to receive.

After further investigation, I was also shocked to discover that, without my authorization, Nfluence obtained complete access to my website and had been sending numerous emails concerning the Husker GameDay Experience through an email account that Nfluence created in my name without my knowledge or consent.

Unfortunately, these unauthorized emails created the appearance for fans that I was directly involved in the Husker GameDay Experience, which was never the case. I am deeply saddened and angry to learn that numerous fans did not get what they paid for, and although I had no involvement in the situation, my team and I are committed to doing everything reasonably within our power to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions, including but not limited to demanding that Nfluence and its principals agree to reimburse the affected fans for the funds that they paid for two Husker GameDay Experiences which never occurred (and for related perks and swag which were not received).

We are still investigating this matter and will continue to do so aggressively. I want to thank my fans, followers, and supporters for their patience and support as we work through this very unfortunate matter.”

Copyright 2023 WOWT. All rights reserved.

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - Avid husker fan AJ Brink pictured himself and three out-of-state friends watching a Nebraska football game from a skybox.

“I was under the impression the $2,000 I paid was going toward suite tickets and that money would go to charities,” Brink said. “Instead we got some $25 tickets.”

Instead of regular stadium seats, AJ expected to watch the Minnesota game in a suite as part of a private promotion called Nebraska GameDay Experience promoted by a group called Nfluence.

“It was absolutely not what we were sold, and not what we were expecting,” Brink said.

Just before kickoff, the Minnesota gameday experience started with a red flag. The promoter posted a sign that “due to not enough seats reserved by our benefactor, all experience buyers are being refunded.” This group paid for the less expensive packages.

“Each of you paid $1,000 for two tickets plus perks did any of that come true. No.”

“We were promised refund dates, I think three or four different times,” said buyer Troy Hughes. There was a perk package to come along with it.”

“I want my money and perks to that,” said fellow buyer Cody Salsman. “I was promised perks like a Yeti Cool and custom Husker jersey.”

Through his lawyer, former husker Adam Carriker says he was never paid to be a pitchman for the Nebraska GameDay Experience. Carriker says he’s deeply saddened and angry to learn numerous fans didn’t get what they paid for.

The Nebraska football hall-of-famer says he was misled into promoting the expensive ticket package after being told proceeds would go to a dozen charities, which is one reason this fan paid $1,000.

“We were misled because we thought we had ticket perks and the money was a fundraiser for organizations doing great things in our community,” Salsman said.

6 News contacted several charities listed that proceeds would benefit. A spokesman for the Ronald McDonald House says it’s not received a donation in relation to this experience. And the Sam Foltz Foundation hasn’t heard of the promotion.

“I donate a lot to events and non-profit groups, and this makes me second guess ‘Should I be contributing,’” said buyer Adam Bayse.

Most of the Nebraska GameDay Experience fans paid with credit cards last summer and are disputing charges with their banks if it’s not too late in the game.

In a statement, Adam Carriker says the promoter called Nfluence used his website and sent emails in his name without his knowledge or permission. Carriker’s attorney says he’s sent the promotions group a cease-and-desist letter.

One of the promoters texted that their attorney would be sending out a statement but none so far.

“Last summer, a company purportedly specializing in pro bono and charitable work, and doing business as “Nfluence,” asked if I would agree to promote a charitable project, which would be known as the Husker GameDay Experience. The representatives of Nfluence represented to me that the Husker GameDay Experience would raise funds for charities by giving fans the opportunity to purchase Husker swag, suite tickets in Memorial Stadium, and watch Husker football games alongside former Husker players.

I was told that the proceeds of the Husker GameDay Experience would be donated to 12 different charities whom I knew to be reputable. Because the proceeds were going to a charitable cause, I agreed to promote the Husker GameDay Experience; however, my participation in the Husker GameDay Experience was limited to allowing upcoming events to be posted on my website and appearing on one promotional video.

I recently discovered that numerous fans who used their hard-earned money to pay for the Husker GameDay Experience never received certain tickets, swag, and other benefits that they paid to receive.

After further investigation, I was also shocked to discover that, without my authorization, Nfluence obtained complete access to my website and had been sending numerous emails concerning the Husker GameDay Experience through an email account that Nfluence created in my name without my knowledge or consent.

Unfortunately, these unauthorized emails created the appearance for fans that I was directly involved in the Husker GameDay Experience, which was never the case. I am deeply saddened and angry to learn that numerous fans did not get what they paid for, and although I had no involvement in the situation, my team and I are committed to doing everything reasonably within our power to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions, including but not limited to demanding that Nfluence and its principals agree to reimburse the affected fans for the funds that they paid for two Husker GameDay Experiences which never occurred (and for related perks and swag which were not received).

We are still investigating this matter and will continue to do so aggressively. I want to thank my fans, followers, and supporters for their patience and support as we work through this very unfortunate matter.”

Carriker isn’t responsible for what those crooks did. It never ceases to amaze me what con artists will take advantage of.

They need to release names. When they dont release names it makes me wonder what involvement everyone plays. However I know for sure the character of Adam Carriker so I do 100% believe him. But the people behind the rest is trash.

They need to release names. When they dont release names it makes me wonder what involvement everyone plays. However I know for sure the character of Adam Carriker so I do 100% believe him. But the people behind the rest is trash.
Any local attorneys want to take on this case? Open up discovery.

Do news outlets not use editors anymore?

Reactions: nuiscool
Seems a lot of people believe Carriker has nothing to do with this. If you've been following this for a while it's pretty obvious Adam didn't just recently realize this was going on. I've seen credit card statements that had his name on them. I'm sure its also coincidence he waited a few hours before the news was covering this story to put out a statement. He has blocked on social media anyone that has bought this package and questioned him about getting their money back. Do I think he was originally in this for the scam, no. He sure has distanced himself from anyone trying to get their money back though.

Reactions: Jim14510
Seems a lot of people believe Carriker has nothing to do with this. If you've been following this for a while it's pretty obvious Adam didn't just recently realize this was going on. I've seen credit card statements that had his name on them. I'm sure its also coincidence he waited a few hours before the news was covering this story to put out a statement. He has blocked on social media anyone that has bought this package and questioned him about getting their money back. Do I think he was originally in this for the scam, no. He sure has distanced himself from anyone trying to get their money back though.
His lawyers have given him good advice. He no doubt got scammed as well.

Last edited:
Carriker isn’t responsible for what those crooks did. It never ceases to amaze me what con artists will take advantage of.
if he took money from them (zero doubt he did), then his prints are on the murder weapon

I mean, the entire Nebraska football program has been a bait-and-switch scam for the better part of a decade. I feel duped every time I spend a Saturday on it. If you coughed up a grand to watch Nebraska play Minnesota, I think that puts in you in the "sheep begging to be sheared" category. Kidding aside though, I hope law enforcement is investigating this as a fraud. Too often (always) cops tell victims "it's a civil matter" when you know damn good and well there was intent to defraud.

Last edited:
Reactions: BugEater970
Anybody heard any new info on this?

I don't think anyone has any new info. Sounds like no one has received anything and Adam and the entire group stopped responding to everyone's emails. Someone on the other site posted that WOWT is supposed to have an update tonight at ten.

Reactions: Jim14510
I mean, the entire Nebraska football program has been a bait-and-switch scam for the better part of a decade. I feel duped every time I spend a Saturday on it. If you coughed up a grand to watch Nebraska play Minnesota, I think that puts in you in the "sheep begging to be sheared" category. Kidding aside though, I hope law enforcement is investigating this as a fraud. Too often (always) cops tell victims "it's a civil matter" when you know damn good and well there was intent to defraud.
Husker fans should file a class action lawsuit over the last 20 years or so of mediocre football

THIS is why you have to be careful what entities you recommend or endorse. No doubt Carriker thought these guys were legit.
Carriker may not have sent some emails but he was fully aware the event was taking place well before it fell through.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT