ADVERTISEMENT

A debt of gratitude?

God, that was just 2 years ago. What a miserable 0-2 start to the season. Northwestern in Ireland on national TV and then Georgia Southern at home.

I'm appreciating what Rhule has done in such a short period of time. 2-0 and feeling optimistic is a wonderful place to be.

They do have a point. Frost would’ve been fired at the end of that season, but they definitely help pick up the pace.

They do have a point. Frost would’ve been fired at the end of that season, but they definitely help pick up the pace.
If I recall correctly and I try to forget those years but, if Frost had made it past the end of that month NU would have owed him many millions less. But, supposedly a big money booster after watching us lose at home to Georgia Southern wrote the buyout check and said "Get him the fvck out of here." That's the urban legend anyways. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not.

If I recall correctly and I try to forget those years but, if Frost had made it past the end of that month NU would have owed him many millions less. But, supposedly a big money booster after watching us lose at home to Georgia Southern wrote the buyout check and said "Get him the fvck out of here." That's the urban legend anyways. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not.

If any part of this is false..its that there was only one booster.

Reactions: HBK4life
Obviously we all are relieved Frost is long gone. Let’s just hope our current coach is the real deal. He gives off great vibes and this year’s CU game was a very good start to 2024. But not that long ago was an awful 0-4 Frosty-like November 2023 against mediocre opponents.

The current, excellent defense full of old 5 and 6-year men will lose a lot to graduation (and hopefully the NFL). More concerning is that the favorable schedule this year will be the last somewhat “easy” one for years. I hope the AD helps by altering future pre-league schedules to ensure three softies at home each year to get a good start.

If any part of this is false..its that there was only one booster.
The reason he was canned two weeks before his buyout was reduced is that he went crazy in the locker room following that GE game, cussing his assistants in front of the team. Trev was present and ordered Frost to his office, where he continued on his tirade and actually broke a couple of things. Trev pulled the plug right there

The reason he was canned two weeks before his buyout was reduced is that he went crazy in the locker room following that GE game, cussing his assistants in front of the team. Trev was present and ordered Frost to his office, where he continued on his tirade and actually broke a couple of things. Trev pulled the plug right there

No idea if tru and don't really care that much but that seems like an embilished story to me. YMMV

This is completely false . Trev was never in the locker room. Trev went straight to his office and got on the phone to get the money to Fire FrostHe fired Frost the next morning there is video of Frost leaving the stadium after the meeting.

This is completely false . Trev was never in the locker room. Trev went straight to his office and got on the phone to get the money to Fire FrostHe fired Frost the next morning there is video of Frost leaving the stadium after the meeting.

That was also a shit show, but ND wasn't good enough to compete for four quarters.
Yeah 7-7 at half and 24-17 to start the 4th quarter. At that point it was such a trainwreck I don't think I was even mad, just puzzled and mildly fascinated at the complete dysfunction.

Yeah 7-7 at half and 24-17 to start the 4th quarter. At that point it was such a trainwreck I don't think I was even mad, just puzzled and mildly fascinated at the complete dysfunction.
He was a dead man walking after the onside kick cluster fvck in Ireland. It was just a matter of when. I'm just glad we were able to grab Matt Rhule and his staff. He seems to be doing everything the right way and has things looking good in Lincoln for the first time in forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I remember when Busch took over. In his first game as DC, he said that they played base defense and focused on getting the kids lined up correctly. I'd say practice culture had completely devolved under Frost. It makes what White was able to accomplish on D even more impressive.

I was in section 22 right next to the visitors... it was brutal but on a positive note I did get to hold the eagle.

I still believe he did not get the full buyout. Trev said we followed the contract- my guess is there were some other stipulations that made the buyout less.

I still believe he did not get the full buyout. Trev said we followed the contract- my guess is there were some other stipulations that made the buyout less.
How many millions has NU paid to the fired coaches and A.D.s since T.O retired?
Solich and his staff
Callahan and his staff
Bo and his staff
Riley and his staff
Frost and his staff
Sean Eichorst
Bill Byrne and Trev left. I think we got money for Trev.
Steve Pederson
Bill Moos

How many millions has NU paid to the fired coaches and A.D.s since T.O retired?
Solich and his staff
Callahan and his staff
Bo and his staff
Riley and his staff
Frost and his staff
Sean Eichorst
Bill Byrne and Trev left. I think we got money for Trev.
Steve Pederson
Bill Moos

For many of us in the real world the money involved is like living in a fantasy.

Of course paying what I had to pay to see the Colorado beat down was not a fantasy but still well worth it. Winking

that Northwestern game blackpilled me.

i was able to negotiate with myself that Frost could be the guy, mostly because I just wanted him to.

honestly checked out of the season, but Mickey and Busch brought some fun energy back.

For many of us in the real world the money involved is like living in a fantasy.

Of course paying what I had to pay to see the Colorado beat down was not a fantasy but still well worth it. Winking
We had stability for so long with T.O and his staff. 25 years of not much turnover to 25 years of a dumpster fire of turnover. I know it's a different time now and coaches don't stay at a school for 25 years anymore. But it would be nice to see some stability and Rhule be here for 10 years if he keeps winning.

Reactions: TFrazier
that Northwestern game blackpilled me.

i was able to negotiate with myself that Frost could be the guy, mostly because I just wanted him to.

honestly checked out of the season, but Mickey and Busch brought some fun energy back.
Anyone watching the game and seeing that onside kick attempt …

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Trev possibly could have slipped some stipulation in at the end of 2021 when the restructured his contract. In hindsight it was a terrible situation that should have been avoided by firing him at the end of that year.

never liked frost much, if he did'nt go to stanford we would probably have won the 96 NC...(4 peat)
sexual immorality with kate, traitors to lp
cried to much about being NC in 97...michigan knew they was ducking us..
drank too much on the job as HC, although I don't blame frost for his problems at HC.....he did'nt have enough HC experience to start with (see rhule)...

but he did good winning the 97 NC
and he did recruit #0 & #9

Obviously we all are relieved Frost is long gone. Let’s just hope our current coach is the real deal. He gives off great vibes and this year’s CU game was a very good start to 2024. But not that long ago was an awful 0-4 Frosty-like November 2023 against mediocre opponents.

The current, excellent defense full of old 5 and 6-year men will lose a lot to graduation (and hopefully the NFL). More concerning is that the favorable schedule this year will be the last somewhat “easy” one for years. I hope the AD helps by altering future pre-league schedules to ensure three softies at home each year to get a good start.
Next year isn't that bad. Opening with Cincinnati in Indy, Michigan, Iowa, and USC at home, PSU on the road. 2026 looks a bit more imposing. Maybe UT's QB will go pro.

Reactions: leodisflowers

Players come and go. If, and I emphasize if, Rhule and the Coaches are implementing the right culture and getting capable players, we will continue on this trajectory. The landscape of college football may be changing, but Rhule seems to be a master at getting the guys to buy in.

We will be fine moving forward, in my opinion.

Reactions: RBigredMax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT