ADVERTISEMENT

9/27/2023 - Financial Market Temperature Check

_128703626_amilitary_aid_21_02_23_dollar-nc.png
F*** the Germans. This is their backyard

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Do they pay taxes?
Estimate of 6 billion dollars per year in income tax paid by filers with ITINs, most of these are undocumented. The estimate for Social Security revenue is a about 12 billion. Immigrants, documented or not, are the special sauce of US economic growth.

Germany has already started their recession. They are going to bring down europe like they did back in 2008. No one is buying their cars
yep, cheap Chinese EVs are destroying their automakers who 1) cannot hope to compete on price 2) are woefully late the the party with regard to the technology involved.

Oh yeah. Putin’s market share in oil and wheat has exploded.. we sure are sticking it to him.

Take a hike you clueless X-men

Yes, Russia is selling more oil. The problem is, they are getting less than half the price for it than they did prior to the war.

Oh yeah. Putin’s market share in oil and wheat has exploded.. we sure are sticking it to him.

Take a hike you clueless X-men
Poland has now turned their back on Ukraine to protect their own farmers from cheap Ukrainian wheat flooding the market. What a cluster.

Yes, Russia is selling more oil. The problem is, they are getting less than half the price for it than they did prior to the war.

Awesome. So Americans get to send their hard earned money to Ukraine and pay more for gas..

How to tell you voted for Biden without telling me you voted for Biden 🤣

Yo,

Interest rates seem stern from Fed, S&P down 1.17% on the day...

What is everybody's read on the markets in the next 6-24 months?

For those in/close to retirement, are you locking in income assets, or staying bullish on growth?

Let's see some macro forecast...I have a very strong opinion I provide my 67 year old Dad - he doesn't listen - and a fun spin on risk-on asset allocation.

Les go!!
I am bearish for the next 12 months and we start to see things pick up closer to the election date. I am sticking to that theory, and now is buying period folks "NFA"

Reactions: headcard
russia's GDP is less than 3 individual states

he is of little consequence. only brainwashed idiots buy what media/gov't is selling with regards to our "support" of the "opposition".

Yeah, I don't know that GDP is the best measure of potential military threat. What was the GDP of the Soviet Union? We celebrated like hell when decades of US military spending forced them out of business.

Yeah, I don't know that GDP is the best measure of potential military threat. What was the GDP of the Soviet Union? We celebrated like hell when decades of US military spending forced them out of business.
"we" did not.

we knew it was also a proxy war diversion to manipulate the idiot scared masses into giving more of the power of the people to the oligarchical few.

putin won't press the button. the reason we don't want to call his bluff is simple - war is great business.

Oh it makes sense now.. you suck off the government teet.

No, dummy. I live off of my investment dividends.

"You’re a mich fan that lives on Nebraska’s board.. says all I need to know about your work like, your love life, and your BMI"

While you are a Nebraska fan spending your days BSing on sports message boards all the while crying about how hard it is to earn money.

Last edited:
I would bet a fair amount of money that our buddy Ivan spent his life in academia
To go back and be a professor, my god, what a gig.

No grading, no office hours, fake published articles with fake journals. "Work" 12-15 hours a week, cancel class when you want, dismiss class when you want. Unreal.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
To go back and be a professor, my god, what a gig.

No grading, no office hours, fake published articles with fake journals. "Work" 12-15 hours a week, cancel class when you want, dismiss class when you want. Unreal.
Lazy profs with their fake research. Not my experience, but you do you.

Lazy profs with their fake research. Not my experience, but you do you.
Come on, don't be mad about it. It is a great gig and you know it and if you go in the right field you are on easy street.

Sociology
History
Education
Communications
Marketing

kk, in my short time here visiting InsideNebraska, based on your posting I think it is safe to say you are the Tommy Frazier of blowhards.
I expected you to respond with some attempt to deflect or defend

it's what passive aggressive faux intellectuals do

straight out of the douchebag blowhard playbook

your smartest guy in the room stench emanates from every letter you type

it is impossible for you to mask your barely under the surface feeling that you are better and smarter than everyone else

in other words, a typical michigan fan

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
I expected you to respond with some attempt to deflect or defend

it's what passive aggressive faux intellectuals do

straight out of the douchebag blowhard playbook

your smartest guy in the room stench emanates from every letter you type

it is impossible for you to mask your barely under the surface feeling that you are better and smarter than everyone else

in other words, a typical michigan fan
I assume our friend Ivan here has an Ukraine flag outside his house and on his car next to his rainbow flag.

New home builders getting 13.5% less than were getting a year ago(Oct).. this doesn’t include any incentives they are giving out.

Will be interesting to see if existing inventory follows this trend ..

fredgraph.png

What caused homes to get overvalued? I would submit the cheap interest rates were part of that. The high interest rates are now bringing prices down. When rates were low, money was cheap and that drove up the competition and prices soared to what we are seeing now.

I was on a video conference about investments and they showed an historical interest rate chart and I didn't remember we had so many years of near 0 money and just now we are approaching the average, still just a hair below. Some of us on here remember the 80's when 10% was a bargain.

There are reports, this comes from Kennedy Jr that three large invest firms are the largest buyers of homes/real estate in the US. This fits into the narrative of eliminating private ownership of property. Drive the prices up, force people into debt and a wider spread between the haves and have nots and then slam it so the prices drop and are affordable to take over.

People are raiding their 401K's at an alarming rate. Credit cards are maxed out and people are running out of places to turn to get cash. Reality is reality, we like to hide from it but can't really.
Savings are about to bottom out.
From 2.1 trillion in 2020 to 186 billion this last month.
By October, it will be zero.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT