ADVERTISEMENT

9-16 PC notes Micah now #2

Well it’s technically his 4th game of 11 man, since he played in an all star game. So I’m not sure why he isn’t 100% up to speed yet? Poor coaching and a lot of excuses. Can’t even tell the truth about how many games of 11 man he’s played.
I had the same thought about the all star game and I actually think he played in 2 all star games. Didn't he play in the Nebraska Shrine Bowl in addition to the Polynesian all star game?

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I don't have the answer, but for what it's worth ... when he was pulled out of the game in favor of a sub against Colorado, he reacted very negatively. Pouted, went off by himself, did not join the other OL on the bench. Did anyone else happen to catch that? I remarked to the guy I was sitting with that Micah was showing a piss poor attitude. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but it was noticeable. FWIW
I missed that, but Rhule did say yesterday that Henry played the entire 4th Quarter against CO which makes sense now. You are probably on to something and I should go rewatch and see if you can see anything.

I'm impressed, don't get me wrong....but you can't just make up years of never playing 11 man football. Years of never playing WR or getting coached to play WR, by a paid coach(vs Ainsworth where it's a volunteer staff). We heard in practice at times he's had drop trouble, which might be from not have years of consistently catching balls.....hell wasn't he in one of the On3 videos being shown how to be fitted properly for shoulder pads that allow you to catch over the shoulder? I think on one side of the scale is immense talent, and on the other is a lot of small adjustments to playing big time ball and being a position specific player. Just my .02

I personally choose to pump the brakes on Nelson. If he was ready to take over games, he'd be starting. Each fan can make their own conclusions tho.

I am intrigued to see what Bonner could do with some targets. You aren't a 4 star player by accident, and I think just like our TEs, he could make a bigger impact.

Outside of an entire state wanting him for NU, this is another good example of why he needed to sign with Nebraska. As a school that's making a statement as a "developmental" program it's exactly what he needed. Would other schools such as GA or Bama had the time & more importantly the patience for him to work through those adjustments? I just can't see it... at least here he will get everything he needs to be successful and it's up to him to make it happen or not.

but you can't just make up years of never playing 11 man football.
Sure you can. There's not a big difference between 11-man vs 8-man. The difference and tougher part to overcome is the level of competition he's been going against now. Making the jump to D1, Power 4 level of play is what can take some time.

Reactions: ADV1
Well it’s technically his 4th game of 11 man, since he played in an all star game. So I’m not sure why he isn’t 100% up to speed yet? Poor coaching and a lot of excuses. Can’t even tell the truth about how many games of 11 man he’s played.
So when will those FIRE RHULE posts begin? Just asking. RollingLaugh

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Rhule said in a press conference that it was just his 3rd game of 11 man football and wasn't here for the spring. I've heard him say that they have packages for him. I took that to mean that they weren't confident that he could execute the whole playbook
There is difference between coming in as a freshman in the fall with expectations and then surmising he doesn't know the playbook. No where did I read in the comments the later. Having coached 8 and 11 man and even coached in a game when we were 11 man and they were 8 man makes things interesting but not that much different. You still have to run, block and tackle. Reading coverages and all that goes with it takes time and in my opinion is part of what hurt us last year in the WR department.

Sure you can. There's not a big difference between 11-man vs 8-man. The difference and tougher part to overcome is the level of competition he's been going against now. Making the jump to D1, Power 4 level of play is what can take some time.
There is a HUGE difference in 8 man vs 11 man football. It's not even close. Just look at the scores.

Then look at the scheme complexity on both sides of the ball. It's barely even the same sport.

I played 11 man. The next year our HS transitioned to 8 man. Our JV played both 8 and 11. Jr high both 8 and 11. A lot of us upperclassmen helped with both of those teams, on top of playing with lots of guys who played the following 8 man varsity season. Parents, and people who've only seen/played 1 or the other don't get it....everyone I've talked to who's coached or played both and seen them up close, rarely disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT