ADVERTISEMENT

5 star OT to visit for Fresno State....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Foster Sarell received an offer from the Huskers on April 7, 2015.

Sarell was a target of Mike Riley and his staff while at Oregon State. They offered him back in June 2014 and continued to pursue him while at Nebraska. It seems to have paid off to some degree, with Sarell — one of the top recruits in the country — scheduling an official visit with the Huskers on Sept. 3, 2016, when NU hosts Fresno State,

Sarell is committed to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

On May 23, 2016, Nebraska showed just how badly they want Sarell. Recruiting staff member Todd McShane tweeted a picture of a stack of letters headed for Sarell, saying it "would be HUGE" to land Sarell and they hope to get a visit from him.

foster_sarrell_uOExPui.jpg

PositionOT OT
Height6/6 6/6
Weight320 320
HometownGraham, WA Graham, WA
High schoolKapowsin Kapowsin
RecruiterMike Cavanaugh Mike Cavanaugh

Rivals

ESPN

Scout

Foster Sarell received an offer from the Huskers on April 7, 2015.

Sarell was a target of Mike Riley and his staff while at Oregon State. They offered him back in June 2014 and continued to pursue him while at Nebraska. It seems to have paid off to some degree, with Sarell — one of the top recruits in the country — scheduling an official visit with the Huskers on Sept. 3, 2016, when NU hosts Fresno State,

Sarell is committed to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

On May 23, 2016, Nebraska showed just how badly they want Sarell. Recruiting staff member Todd McShane tweeted a picture of a stack of letters headed for Sarell, saying it "would be HUGE" to land Sarell and they hope to get a visit from him.

foster_sarrell_uOExPui.jpg

PositionOT OT
Height6/6 6/6
Weight320 320
HometownGraham, WA Graham, WA
High schoolKapowsin Kapowsin
RecruiterMike Cavanaugh Mike Cavanaugh

Rivals

ESPN

Scout

Steve WiltfongVerified account ‏@SWiltfong247 5h5 hours ago

The nation's No. 1 recruit Foster Sarell has officials set with #Nebraska & #NotreDame. #Stanford likely in Jan.

Reactions: HuskerO
In the end, we're going to judge the coaches and the recruiting class on who actually signs a letter-of-intent, but you have to be impressed with the number of elite prospects the staff has been able to attract with on campus visits. If the team can get back in the national picture with a berth in the B1G Championship game and a good bowl then eventually we'll land our share of top prospects. The stage is set for good things to start happening.

With most recruits, especially the top level guys, you have to get them on campus and hope they see it. You hear it all the time from recruits after they visit, 'I thought it would be all corn fields...'

Once they come to campus, we have a punchers chance. Let's hope some of these 5 stars see it when they visit.

Reactions: HuskerO
With most recruits, especially the top level guys, you have to get them on campus and hope they see it. You hear it all the time from recruits after they visit, 'I thought it would be all corn fields...'

Once they come to campus, we have a punchers chance. Let's hope some of these 5 stars see it when they visit.
Enjoy your posts. Its early, but we have a gem of a D-line coach. I believe our AD and support staff, had a big part in getting the last two DT's drafted in the third round. Plus our COACHES contacts with the NFL. With this coach and increased use of the system ( and the 2% ), the recruits will be looking at us more of a destination, to maximize their potential and futures. You are already hearing it; in addition the twins were saying how much more they were learning quickly under the new coach. They don't just tell the newspapers. GBR

Reactions: GretnaShawn
What are his academic goals/interests? If he is a kid who is looking for an excellent academic school as well as a good football school, I highly doubt we can get this kid over Stanford and Notre Dame. Even Washington is a better school academically than UNL and they are in his backyard.

I highly doubt we land him. But I have learned not to underestimate the attraction some of these recruits have for Riley and his staff. Let's hope memorial stadium is really rocking under the lights on September 3rd and we clobber Fresno State in an old fashioned Husker beat down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT