ADVERTISEMENT

447 yards passing by vaunted, prolific USM QB

suhnami

First Team All-Big Ten
Nov 25, 2009
Don't worry guys, we won't face another QB near as good as him the rest of the year.

I know that you have a reason for posting this, but I'm not sure what it is. Can you explain?

Don't worry guys, we won't face another QB near as good as him the rest of the year.
Actually your'e probably right. That kid has put up some yards previously. If you look around the B1G west, most of them are strugglingin their with passing offense. Now, what I want to hear from you is how you would change our defense given all the injuries and inexperienced freshmen and walk ons we are having to play. Give us some suggestions instead of coming on here pointing out the obvious negatives. WHO you gonna play and HOW you gonna play em to make it better, because clearly our personnel at linebacker and DE are a big part of our passing game problems. Until you come up with a concrete answer maybe you should just quit bitching about it.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Sadly no. I'm not sure this defense will make me feel anything other than bile rising...

Bo would have all the right answers. I'm sure he had a master plan allowing the roster to get inexcusably low at the front 7.

IDK what the master plan is, but I hope it includes better defense or else we might miss a bowl game this year.

IDK what the master plan is, but I hope it includes better defense or else we might miss a bowl game this year.
Just look it at as objectively as you can man. What the hell can we realistically do with the hand we've been dealt with the roster and injuries? I know full well that Banker and his staff are trying their damnedest to try to figure out a way to make it serviceable but I really don't see how they can.

Just look it at as objectively as you can man. What the hell can we realistically do with the hand we've been dealt with the roster and injuries? I know full well that Banker and his staff are trying their damnedest to try to figure out a way to make it serviceable but I really don't see how they can.
Do you really think we have 102nd in the country talent out there? I think we have better than that. Illinois is better than us in almost every defensive category. BYU just got shut out by Michigan.

s
Do you really think we have 102nd in the country talent out there? I think we have better than that. Illinois is better than us in almost every defensive category. BYU just got shut out by Michigan.
I think we are playing freshmen and linebackers, walk ons and at least one DE that would be lucky to start on a MAC team. It is what it is.

Actually your'e probably right. That kid has put up some yards previously. If you look around the B1G west, most of them are strugglingin their with passing offense. Now, what I want to hear from you is how you would change our defense given all the injuries and inexperienced freshmen and walk ons we are having to play. Give us some suggestions instead of coming on here pointing out the obvious negatives. WHO you gonna play and HOW you gonna play em to make it better, because clearly our personnel at linebacker and DE are a big part of our passing game problems. Until you come up with a concrete answer maybe you should just quit bitching about it.

Connor Cook anyone? Wes Lunt? This kid from Southern Miss was ok...he has never come close to those type of stats he had tgis weekend.

Reactions: studed
Connor Cook anyone? Wes Lunt? This kid from Southern Miss was ok...he has never come close to those type of stats he had tgis weekend.
We are going to give up yards and I don't think there is much Banker can do to prevent it other than to try to hold them to field goals when the field gets shorter. We are going to have to hold the ball and score TDS to outscore our opponents. Offensive turnovers will doom us.

I understand the frustation but don't short change Nick Mullens. He is currently #5 in the nation in passing yds. Granted we play a pass happy offense but he is a third year starter. He is very accurate in the short to medium throws and more importantly we have WR's that can catch. There are several good QB's out there that don't have any talent at the WR position. The good news for Neb. is that Tommy Armstrong is a star in the making and can win games with his running ability. He will likely play on the next level. Mullens won't mainly because of his lack of mobility and lack of precision on the deep ball.

Neb's secondary was disappointing and it will be a problem in conference play. But the game was close because of the play calling in the redzone. Neb. only punted once ...... I would argue that Neb was 28+ better than USM but the game just did not play out that way. I would not fret too much over this game. I got the feeling that the offense was holding back the first half.

When conference play begins next week, I think you will get the best out your team. If you lose to Illinios then panic.

We are going to give up yards and I don't think there is much Banker can do to prevent it other than to try to hold them to field goals when the field gets shorter. We are going to have to hold the ball and score TDS to outscore our opponents. Offensive turnovers will doom us.

I agree. Tgese guys were receuited as cover 2 press dbs and...like the offense did, I wish there was a way to transition to the cover 1 because it is not working with these guys...we need a balance of some sort.

Sadly no. I'm not sure this defense will make me feel anything other than bile rising...
You should probably just off yourself. The end is near and you can be gone, and not even know about it!

You should probably just off yourself. The end is near and you can be gone, and not even know about it!

Only if I can take you with me :) On the bright side you managed to make a post without mentioning Bo, so you're doing better. There is hope for you.

Reactions: jeans15
On the bright side you managed to make a post without mentioning Bo, so you're doing better. There is hope for you.
The world would be a much better place if he would erase Bo from his vocabulary.

Only if I can take you with me :) On the bright side you managed to make a post without mentioning Bo, so you're doing better. There is hope for you.
Allright mouth... exactly what do you want done? Fire everyone? Right now? Just ****ing spit it out, since you choose to focus on the negative. Exactly what do you want done? We can start a pinned post for those of you that want to say "I told you so" in the future if that happens. Let's start a list. I am dead serious. That way we can all pat you on the back, and hoist you on our shoulders in the future.

The world would be a much better place if he would erase Bo from his vocabulary.
Or if you would stop trolling, and be a man of your word. But it is what it is. You are a sniveling, limp-wristed little clown. Have fun preaching to others when you are a lying piece of trash in real life.

Or if you would stop trolling, and be a man of your word. But it is what it is. You are a sniveling, limp-wristed little clown. Have fun preaching to others when you are a lying piece of trash in real life.
Bless your heart.

463 when did you become a douche...you used to be a good poster?

Now you just throw out garbage and you think you're smart which is the funniest part of all this.

Allright mouth... exactly what do you want done? Fire everyone? Right now? Just ****ing spit it out, since you choose to focus on the negative. Exactly what do you want done? We can start a pinned post for those of you that want to say "I told you so" in the future if that happens. Let's start a list. I am dead serious. That way we can all pat you on the back, and hoist you on our shoulders in the future.
I want the team to play better by giving up less yards and less points. And i think you could dial back the sarcasm and hate a few notches. It seems you've let a lot of this really get to you personally and thats unnecessary. You asked.

Yes. Michigan had a good defense last year and has a lot of depth on that side of the ball. They failed at recruiting a qb that's about it. (As far as recruiting went)I bet they have more than 5 scholarship lbs. Just a guess. No I don't think the talent is 102nd. Do you think that allowing 408 yards to a rb in three quarters is acceptable? How about in 2012 letting at 7-5 team with a third string qb ring up 70 on us and they don't attempt a pass in the second half?

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Good post, all they do is cry. No solutions. Yes, let's fire our def cord after 4 games, I am sure we would have so many people just beating the door down for the job. We are lacking talent period. We have very little on def Bo had to play cover 2 to help out the secondary in turn we were bad vs run. Banker wants to stop run first and play more man coverage and our linebackers are too slow or CB are beat in 1 on 1 battles. You pick your poison. We need two good classes to fill up some holes

I want the team to play better by giving up less yards and less points. And i think you could dial back the sarcasm and hate a few notches. It seems you've let a lot of this really get to you personally and thats unnecessary. You asked.
Groundbreaking....

463 when did you become a douche...you used to be a good poster?

Now you just throw out garbage and you think you're smart which is the funniest part of all this.
All I heard from this clown was excuses and fan blame for 7 years. Trust me, I will be right there with the criticism in due time. To bitch and moan about it after 4 games is disgusting.

When Banker heard his defense was being called uncomplicated, he came back and paraphrasing, it has assignments and different packages for each of the levels. It's supposed to allow the players to play fast. I don't think we have the worst athletes in college football or B1G. I think we can find some role players on our roster. They won't be all americans or all conference, but they'll keep other teams from resume builder games against us. Let's see some of these other guys on the roster, let's see some other packages this defense has to offer. Will these guys buried on the roster be better than those we're putting on the field, most likely not, but we don't know. We can't keep giving up 300, 400 yards in the air every week and expect progress. Do we start needing to be more situational when we play certain guys? The point is we have to keep trying different things.

All I heard from this clown was excuses and fan blame for 7 years. Trust me, I will be right there with the criticism in due time. To bitch and moan about it after 4 games is disgusting.

I appreciate the response.

Mullins vs. Nebraska: 26-41 for 447 yards (team had 11 yards rushing).

Mullins vs. Miss State: 30-44 for 311 yards (team had 102 yards rushing).

Considering Miss State is 3-1, has beat Auburn, and lost to LSU by 2, the Vaunted and Prolific comments in the title are ignorant and appear agenda driven. I guess since he wore a USM jersey the OP decided he can't be any good?

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Tim learn 463's lesson and stop bringing up Bo and living in the past.

Devaney? Osborne? Solich? Callahan? Peelini? Any Peelini-before-Husker fan telling a Husker fan, or someone else, to quit living in the past is beyond hilarious. RollingLaughCan't make this sh1t up.

When Banker heard his defense was being called uncomplicated, he came back and paraphrasing, it has assignments and different packages for each of the levels. It's supposed to allow the players to play fast. I don't think we have the worst athletes in college football or B1G. I think we can find some role players on our roster. They won't be all americans or all conference, but they'll keep other teams from resume builder games against us. Let's see some of these other guys on the roster, let's see some other packages this defense has to offer. Will these guys buried on the roster be better than those we're putting on the field, most likely not, but we don't know. We can't keep giving up 300, 400 yards in the air every week and expect progress. Do we start needing to be more situational when we play certain guys? The point is we have to keep trying different things.[/QUOT
Tim learn 463's lesson and stop bringing up Bo and living in the past.
Kinda like how you blamed Callahan fot 7 YEARS!!!! Lol.

Only thing we can blame Bo now is where we are depth wise at LBer and Rushend.

No depth at QB? OL? Mindset of players? Mindset of program? Lack of in-roads to key recruiting areas? I can name some more if you like.

But you're right, the "only thing we can blame Blo......" Sick

Mullins vs. Nebraska: 26-41 for 447 yards (team had 11 yards rushing).

Mullins vs. Miss State: 30-44 for 311 yards (team had 102 yards rushing).

Considering Miss State is 3-1, has beat Auburn, and lost to LSU by 2, the Vaunted and Prolific comments in the title are ignorant and appear agenda driven. I guess since he wore a USM jersey the OP decided he can't be any good?

It'll fall on blind eyes, Blo-tards don't compare games anymore, well done though.

Devaney? Osborne? Solich? Callahan? Peelini? Any Peelini-before-Husker fan telling a Husker fan, or someone else, to quit living in the past is beyond hilarious. RollingLaughCan't make this sh1t up.

When every single post you make to denigrate someone references Bo you look silly. For someone who claims to be such a "Husker fan" you sure spend little time discussing the Huskers and a lot of time discussing coaches who are no longer here. Maybe get a new shtick?

Reactions: Scheisse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT