ADVERTISEMENT

4* WR Janiran Bonner is N

Who’s we steal him from? Ark state? Offer list isn’t that impressive. Future TE is what it sounds alike?

Offer list isn’t that impressive?

247 shows: Nebraska, GT, Auburn, Arkansas, Michigan, Georgia, Baylor, Florida State, Tennessee, Colorado, MSU. Etc, etc

Rivals Shows: Nebraska, GT, Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee. Etc, etc.

Last edited:
I love this

hand it off & chuck it deep!

Steve Spurrier would be proud. I hope we run it up on everyone.

Reactions: BleedRed78

247 shows: Nebraska, GT, Auburn, Arkansas, Michigan, Georgia, Baylor, Florida State, Tennessee, Colorado, MSU. Etc, etc

Rivals Shows: Nebraska, GT, Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee. Etc, etc.
Yeah, but no UCF, Iowa, Minnesota, or wherever this troll is from…

The all reds look sharp.
They look like NC State. I have a hypothesis that traditional powers wear 2 colors (with the exception in many cases of all-white road kits) and the monocolor look seems bush-league because it calls to mind various upstarts with their jumpsuit look. I have done zero exploration to support or falsify this hypothesis.

Don't we say that every year?

We certainly have a ton of WRs and RBs, they all won't stay.

but the guy running the show there now, will have them at an upgrade. short, quick passes will also help the o-line

will be an interesting year (and spring!!)

So from what I gathered, Bonner had offers from the likes of Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan, (and LSU according to Schaefer) etc. back in late 2019/early 2020. Suffers injury and misses entire next season, offers all get rescinded. Options still on table are Georgia Tech and Memphis, until Nebraska steps in.

I hope the injury isn’t an issue or resurfaces. Nebraska doesn’t seem to have much luck picking up players that had suffered a prior injury. Nadab Joseph for example was a top target of Bama’s, got hurt, ended up here, had one or two more knee procedures while here at Nebraska, played seven seconds in two games, and is no longer on the team.
But beggars can’t be choosers I guess, so why not at least try...

Ah yes, the uncommitable offer list! The pride of Husker football in the Scott Frost era.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
So from what I gathered, Bonner had offers from the likes of Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan, (and LSU according to Schaefer) etc. back in late 2019/early 2020. Suffers injury and misses entire next season, offers all get rescinded. Options still on table are Georgia Tech and Memphis, until Nebraska steps in.

I hope the injury isn’t an issue or resurfaces. Nebraska doesn’t seem to have much luck picking up players that had suffered a prior injury. Nadab Joseph for example was a top target of Bama’s, got hurt, ended up here, had one or two more knee procedures while here at Nebraska, played seven seconds in two games, and is no longer on the team.
The good news is he's a WR and not a RB or CB. The odds of a WR coming back from a knee or something similar are probably better than for a RB. Remember though there's been some RBs who came back as good as new after major knee injuries and then played for years afterwards in the NFL. It's a bit of a crap shoot but the potential for a high reward for this gamble is good. What he put on video after the knee injury is encouraging.

Like you have a clue what offers are “commitable” and when.
No one does unless they have time to waste interviewing all of the coaching staffs and even then the classy people would use discretion. I'm not intending on bashing the kid. It's just that we've had no shortage of late commits from 4 stars who we got on late or were coming off injuries. We point to the offer list or how who they used to be committed to but is no longer wanted by as some sort of thing to celebrate. Then the team goes 3-8.

Reactions: dinglefritz
No one does unless they have time to waste interviewing all of the coaching staffs and even then the classy people would use discretion. I'm not intending on bashing the kid. It's just that we've had no shortage of late commits from 4 stars who we got on late or were coming off injuries. We point to the offer list or how who they used to be committed to but is no longer wanted by as some sort of thing to celebrate. Then the team goes 3-8.
Coaching, contributed to some of that win/loss record. Don’t forget…

3-9, but who’s counting.

Had 2nd best pro agility on the team last year, not sure where he fit in on other metrics, but a pretty good athlete.
Too bad he can’t play football. He’s been on the football team for 4 years now and he has 46 career yards in 4 seasons. Nobody cares what his agility time is. He should join the pro agility Olympic team.

Too bad he can’t play football. He’s been on the football team for 4 years now and he has 46 career yards in 4 seasons. Nobody cares what his agility time is. He should join the pro agility Olympic team.
Ha! Yeah, I'm not holding anyone's "career" over the last 4 years against them, in light of the overgrown teenager that had been running things. Hopefully he's learned a few things and will get the hell out of the way and we can finally start using our olympic athletes.

He broke his femur, but came back as a senior and racked up 50 catches for 800 yds and 9 TDs.
Hopefully that means he’s full speed. Dude will be a much needed physical asset blocking on the edge also.

Speaking of… Fidone looks like he’s bulked up an extra 20 lbs? or so. That is a major factor in helping us on the edges since he came in pretty skinny.

He broke his femur, but came back as a senior and racked up 50 catches for 800 yds and 9 TDs.
Hopefully that means he’s full speed. Dude will be a much needed physical asset blocking on the edge also.

Speaking of… Fidone looks like he’s bulked up an extra 20 lbs? or so. That is a major factor in helping us on the edges since he came in pretty skinny.

He's definitely putting in the work

Reactions: HominidHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT