ADVERTISEMENT

4 star RB decommits from Auburn

"(Still) committed"

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means-princess-bride.gif

I was going to say translation is either show me the money or they took my money and are now offering it to Lacy. Timing does seem quite coincidental - or maybe not at all related

Some people must just like to bitch about something. Right now the complainers can't whine about not winning...

Didn't they raise $225 million?
not complaining, but it's funny that people act like we have some massive NIL program that's actually producing results.

I think Rhule will get some guys in here and coach them up.. that was what they were looking for in a coach.. a builder.

But until we see otherwise, I don't see our program becoming a big NIL school to bring in top recruits.

As to the stadium money, last I heard someone was floating the idea of using state tax money to fill the gap.. did they find someone else to donate that kind of money?

not complaining, but it's funny that people act like we have some massive NIL program that's actually producing results.

I think Rhule will get some guys in here and coach them up.. that was what they were looking for in a coach.. a builder.

But until we see otherwise, I don't see our program becoming a big NIL school to bring in top recruits.

As to the stadium money, last I heard someone was floating the idea of using state tax money to fill the gap.. did they find someone else to donate that kind of money?
Not sure where you get your info but Trev stated from the initial release that half was donated, $50 million from some university loan program and the rest from the AD budget. NU hasn't used non-athletic money in decades.

I am leery of our how our NIL is run but this isn't the kind of kid we would be paying anyway. Rhule doesn't seem like the guy who is just randomly going to pay some kid that he doesn't have ties to.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Not sure where you get your info but Trev stated from the initial release that half was donated, $50 million from some university loan program and the rest from the AD budget. NU hasn't used non-athletic money in decades.

I am leery of our how our NIL is run but this isn't the kind of kid we would be paying anyway. Rhule doesn't seem like the guy who is just randomly going to pay some kid that he doesn't have ties to.

This article states there is approximately a 125 million dollar gap.

Article is behind a pay wall. Can you post it?

the last part says this:
"
NU Athletic Director Trev Alberts says the university has made no decision to request state funds. But he hasn’t ruled it out, either.

What we know is that preliminary finance plans show a sizable $125 million hole that would need to be filled somehow. The plan currently calls for $225 million in dedicated private fundraising and $100 million in other athletics-generated revenues.
"

the last part says this:
"
NU Athletic Director Trev Alberts says the university has made no decision to request state funds. But he hasn’t ruled it out, either.

What we know is that preliminary finance plans show a sizable $125 million hole that would need to be filled somehow. The plan currently calls for $225 million in dedicated private fundraising and $100 million in other athletics-generated revenues.
"
Trev has stated multiple times the athletic department will pay for the balance. No idea what this article is speculating.

Trev has stated multiple times the athletic department will pay for the balance. No idea what this article is speculating.
Well, Trev himself seems to have acknowledged the gap, and this doesn't account for cost overruns. Maybe you should do some of your own homework first before you go calling out others.

Well, Trev himself seems to have acknowledged the gap, and this doesn't account for cost overruns. Maybe you should do some of your own homework first before you go calling out others.
Do you have a direct Trev quote? Because he said at the presentation the AD would pay for the balance. And the BOR indicated they wouldn't approve a project that used public funds. So I'm curious where this speculation comes from?

Do you have a direct Trev quote? Because he said at the presentation the AD would pay for the balance. And the BOR indicated they wouldn't approve a project that used public funds. So I'm curious where this speculation comes from?
ask the Omaha World Herald

Either way, it’s not entirely paid for and I am sure ticket prices will go up to offset the reduction in seats as well as to pay for the renovations. It will take a number of years to pay off, assuming they issue a bond for the remainder. (The interest might be a killer)

I expect prices to 2x-3x for the new gde.

ask the Omaha World Herald

Either way, it’s not entirely paid for and I am sure ticket prices will go up to offset the reduction in seats as well as to pay for the renovations. It will take a number of years to pay off, assuming they issue a bond for the remainder. (The interest might be a killer)

I expect prices to 2x-3x for the new gde.
I don't think so. I know they're thinking about getting rid of $0 donation but Trev also said fans are paying too much for what they're getting 🤔

I don't think so. I know they're thinking about getting rid of $0 donation but Trev also said fans are paying too much for what they're getting 🤔
I guess we will see what happens. Maybe there is enough left over after operations to pay this off in a couple years?

It would be interesting to see the operating costs of the athletic department. I think we have ballooned administratively, so I'm not sure how much "profit" is left over on an annual basis.

I think they want to generate more money through alcohol sales and other tangents along with the stadium renovation. There may be an element of defensiveness to the project, to reduce capacity, improve the experience to keep the golden goose laying eggs, but for sure there is a big element here to generate money or a return of some kind I think.

Still don't know what to think about that huge renovation money number, seems high.

Just based on the fact that the Raiders' whole new stadium cost $1.9B with smaller capacity than where we'll end up, I think it's about right. We're paying ¼ of that to rebuild about ¼ of our stadium and remodel the rest. Not to mention the ridiculous spike in construction cost since covid. Seems about right to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT