ADVERTISEMENT

4 Bullet Points - Purdue Pregame

bcchurch00

Junior
Aug 12, 2018
Colorado
Struggled this week as there was so much to look at in this matchup... Long story short, I'm not NEARLY as comfortable as others are...

1 - PURDUE IS DANGEROUS OFFENSIVELY
We need to be able to stop the run with committing only 5 or 6 tops.
We cannot allow these receivers too much space. I'd rather see 12 yard catches with no YAC than letting them catch it with space and run.
We absolutely must see a good defensive line performance.

2 - DRAMA IN THE LOCKER ROOMS
It's been said before, but if we can get out quickly, we'll win easily in my opinion.
If we don't, it's the type of thing that can quickly galvanize a fragile team and we'll be in for a dog fight.
And I'm not sold our locker room is very solid either...

3 - WE MUST SCORE 30+ WITH 6 SCORING DRIVES
If we can't score 30+ on this defense, we really suck offensively. It will make me feel the strain...
Three and outs will likely lead to quick scores by Purdue from the 2nd quarter onwards as our defense gets tired.
Get 6-7 sustained scoring drives with at least 3 TD's and this game is a winner.

4 - SPECIAL TEAMS WILL BE KEY
I'm sorry, but I keep seeing people talk about us winning this because of special teams. WTF? We suck there as badly as they do.
I don't think it's a given we win special teams... so we need to win on the defensive side of the ball versus their defensive production.

BONUS - I'm encouraged by some injured dudes coming back for us.

#GBR, and let's get a damn win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News