ADVERTISEMENT

ADV1

Sophomore
Oct 26, 2018
Aledo, Texas
Decided to rate how things panned out after the conference blow up this week. Below is Kind of how I see it as things stand right now for the 3 primary conferences... ACC is ready to blow up so I have no idea what to do with them. oh, and I selfishly added Wrestling as that's my favorite... Curious if others feel the same way on this or if I'm full of it...

1A - Top Shelf Leader (5 points)
2B- Solid Programs but not Top Shelf overall (3 points)
3C- Not strong here - May have 1 or 2 teams but will need work to compete overall (1 point)
  • B1G (21 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Baseball – 1B (was 1C prior to additions)
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1A
  • SEC (15 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1C
  • Volleyball – 1C
  • BigXII (17 points)
  • Football – 1B
  • Basketball – 1A
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1B

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Decided to rate how things panned out after the conference blow up this week. Below is Kind of how I see it as things stand right now for the 3 primary conferences... ACC is ready to blow up so I have no idea what to do with them. oh, and I selfishly added Wrestling as that's my favorite... Curious if others feel the same way on this or if I'm full of it...

3C- Not strong here - May have 1 or 2 teams but will need work to compete overall (1 point)
  • B1G (21 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1A
  • SEC (15 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1C
  • Volleyball – 1C
  • BigXII (17 points)
  • Football – 1B
  • Basketball – 1A
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1B

You do know that Missouri and Oklahoma will be the only two that will be wrestling, the rest of the SEC doesn’t give a $&it about that Olympic sport..

• B1G (21 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1A
  • SEC (15 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1C
  • Volleyball – 1C
  • BigXII (17 points)
  • Football – 1B
  • Basketball – 1A
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1B
what metrics go into your ratings?

Big 12 runner up kicked the crap out of the B1G champ last year. Big 12 went 3-1 against the B1G head to head.

immediately discredits these as being rooted in B1G bias instead of on-field/on-court performance.

also LMAO at f'ing volleyball being included

Reactions: Gary.Busey
what metrics go into your ratings?

Big 12 runner up kicked the crap out of the B1G champ last year. Big 12 went 3-1 against the B1G head to head.

immediately discredits these as being rooted in B1G bias instead of on-field/on-court performance.

also LMAO at f'ing volleyball being included
The future metrics.. at least that is how I interpreted it..

the 3C definition is literally the B1G in football both now and throughout history

May have 1 or 2 teams but will need work to compete overall

RollingLaugh

this opinion piece belongs in the trash. total waste of time, OP.

Basketball plays zero role in these realignments. If it did then Kansas wouldn’t be continually begging for a BIG invite

Please stop including sports that are not football and basketball.

I mean, I think we can have baseball on the list too. I get your point though. And if we’re gonna include baseball, as I think we should, B1G went from 1D to 1C at best. B1G still isn’t a 1B baseball league, using op’s rating system, even with the west coast teams.

I mean, I think we can have baseball on the list too. I get your point though. And if we’re gonna include baseball, as I think we should, B1G went from 1D to 1C at best. B1G still isn’t a 1B baseball league, using op’s rating system, even with the west coast teams.
It is crazy to think BUT if Van Horn had never coached at NU...I don't think we would ever see baseball posts. And that was what, 20 year ago?

• B1G (21 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1A
  • SEC (15 points)
  • Football – 1A
  • Basketball – 1B
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1C
  • Volleyball – 1C
  • BigXII (17 points)
  • Football – 1B
  • Basketball – 1A
  • Baseball – 1A
  • Wrestling – 1A
  • Volleyball – 1B
By your own definitions, I could argue pretty strongly that the B1G Football is a 1C.. maybe it moves up to 1B with the new additions, but we don't come close to playing SEC level of football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT