ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!!!

We knew the defense wasn't going to get a stop. But that series where we were in the red zone after the long Palmer run and couldn't get the TD was kinda the death knell for me. Or at least I think it was that drive.

Hopefully this ends the extremely silly chatter that Mickey should get the job. Time to be serious and get a proven coach.
Do you watch football? That’s a 6th year starter @ QB for Purdue @ home against a 3-3 team. Pin this shit on Mickey? We had them up against the ropes, a game in which we covered, a team that’s probably 4th best in the B1G. O’Connell is a good QB and that’s a solid team. We played much better than them in the second half and much better than I or Vegas thought.

and maybe you say, well we were only in it because of Trey… who the F brought us Trey? Seriously?

100% agree. We don't have talent on this team. Feist wouldn't start at Wayne St. Nelson for the live of God can not seal the edge. He takes the bait every single time. He needs to quit football and join WWE.

Reactions: Chuck003
This helps Mickey even though it was a loss. Palmer is hiss insurance policy now. Proving his recruiting means everything, which we need dearly and can actually live up to it with him at HC

Reactions: Laner2
I only watched the last 10 min. Took my kid and some friends to see Smile instead. Was very surprised to come out and see a close game. I had a bad feeling about the D when I heard Riemer was out. Not about moral victories but this is encouraging and I have more confidence about us winning more games. Minus Michigan. Purdue has almost maybe a worse defense than we do. They will lose some games.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Much much Better team under Mickey

That's not really saying much considering how awful Frost was. His timeout management tonight was not good. Do people really think he will get the job if he goes 0-6 to finish the season? He still needs 3 more wins IMO to even be considered, and I don't see that happening.

I only watched the last 10 min. Took my kid and some friends to see Smile instead. Was very surprised to come out and see a close game. I had a bad feeling about the D when I heard Riemer was out. Not about moral victories but this is encouraging and I have more confidence about us winning more games. Minus Michigan. Purdue has almost maybe a worse defense than we do. They will lose some games.
Agree except Purdue's offense is their best defense. Zip down for a lead, play one good series of defense, then drive the rest of the night. They likely win the West unless Illinois has something to say about it.

We won't win the West. But we CAN make a bowl game. Which should win Mickey the job. Proof is Palmer tonight.

Reactions: Laner2
I'm all in on giving Mickey big money and keeping him.... as associate head coach under someone big time. I still want Gundy, Kiffin, Meyer, Petersen, etc. Don't tell me we can't get those guys. I'm not a defeatist type.

That's not really saying much considering how awful Frost was. His timeout management tonight was not good. Do people really think he will get the job if he goes 0-6 to finish the season? He still needs 3 more wins IMO to even be considered, and I don't see that happening.
We are going to time out management as our proof? Really? Ok he’s a first year dam coach, he will get better at clock management. If that’s your dam defense against Mickey, that’s f-ing weak

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT