ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

Long enough to know that 0 commits 8 months before signing is not at all historically normal. How old are you?
Rhule seems to be an excellent recruiter and seems very organized with a legit plan. People might be concerned about his strategy of taking lower rated athletes but I see no reason to think he's going to take flyers to fill classes like prior coaches.

We are carrying a huge roster with a ton of young players, a lot who are probably too young or raw to cast off yet.

I believe it was last year people were complaining we were taking too many 3 stars during the early part of the summer?

Rhule seems to be an excellent recruiter and seems very organized with a legit plan. People might be concerned about his strategy of taking lower rated athletes but I see no reason to think he's going to take flyers to fill classes like prior coaches.

We are carrying a huge roster with a ton of young players, a lot who are probably too young or raw to cast off yet.

I believe it was last year people were complaining we were taking too many 3 stars during the early part of the summer?
I can bump my recruiting thread from last year when a few were doing just that. Told them to be patient and we ended up with a top 20 class. 16th on Rivals. Why I do these long threads throughout the process. To see who is a bunch of drama mamas over nothing way too early in the cycle.

Last edited:
when will this happen?

giphy.gif

not all 4 star players are created equal. top Texas talent generally remains in state regardless of their recruiting rankings

not all 4 star players are created equal. top Texas talent generally remains in state regardless of their recruiting rankings
All the more reason to not make the state of Texas a special recruiting focus. Get the best players wherever they are. Some will be in Texas.

Reactions: huntered
Weird question, but okay. I think we have historically had a lot misses on Texas players. I think they come out of HS already maximized and don’t have much unseen upside left. I would not place special focus on Texas.
Not sure what was weird about it considering you are complaining that we only had Nebraskans committed, so I picked another state. Sorry it was confusing.

How about this then… last year Nebraska got the number one player out of the following states not named Nebraska…

#1 rated player in georgia
#1 rated player in iowa
#1 rated player in hawaii

Not to mention players who were tops at their position in Maryland, NJ, Montana and Nevada. May not have been best players in the state, but at their position they were rated better than the rest.

What’s with all the pointing in these pictures? Is that a young person thing too?

Not sure what was weird about it considering you are complaining that we only had Nebraskans committed, so I picked another state. Sorry it was confusing.

How about this then… last year Nebraska got the number one player out of the following states not named Nebraska…

#1 rated player in georgia
#1 rated player in iowa
#1 rated player in hawaii

Not to mention players who were tops at their position in Maryland, NJ, Montana and Nevada. May not have been best players in the state, but at their position they were rated better than the rest.
Yeah, I thought it was weird to pick one random state to focus on when I was not. Just like I think picking more random states that we have 0 commits from in this cycle is also pointless.

Yeah, I thought it was weird to pick one random state to focus on when I was not. Just like I think picking more random states that we have 0 commits from in this cycle is also pointless.
That’s an excellent point. I bet we don’t get anyone signed from another state this year. It’s already April, if it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now. You’ve convinced me. 🙄

If you’re intentionally being dumb, well done. If you are genuinely being dumb, I feel bad for you.

Very well said. A lot of those guys had stars to their name and/or had supposedly been offered at one point by decent teams. But those last minute commits were really just brought in to save face on signing day.

That’s an excellent point. I bet we don’t get anyone signed from another state this year. It’s already April, if it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now. You’ve convinced me. 🙄

If you’re intentionally being dumb, well done. If you are genuinely being dumb, I feel bad for you.
I feel like you are intentionally being dumb by repeatedly comparing final/total results to results as they have historically stood at this point before signing date. But I don’t know you, so I can’t judge your intentions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT