ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

I feel like you are intentionally being dumb by repeatedly comparing final/total results to results as they have historically stood at this point before signing date. But I don’t know you, so I can’t judge your intentions.
My intention is the same every year at this time.

It’s too damn early to complain about recruiting. Every single year we have people wringing their hands about how recruiting is going terribly. Every year we finish with a respectable class.

It’s premature to complain that we don’t have any out of state recruits yet. We will get plenty, and some high profile ones at that.

Feel free to bookmark this thread and bring it up if I’m wrong. I will have deserved it.

It’s too damn early to complain about recruiting. Every single year we have people wringing their hands about how recruiting is going terribly. Every year we finish with a respectable class.

It’s premature to complain that we don’t have any out of state recruits yet. We will get plenty, and some high profile ones at that.

Feel free to bookmark this thread and bring it up if I’m wrong. I will have deserved it.
Exactly, everyone should remember there always are a number of decommits before signing day(s) and this year will be no different. Nebraska will probably lose some and gain some.

I feel like you are intentionally being dumb by repeatedly comparing final/total results to results as they have historically stood at this point before signing date. But I don’t know you, so I can’t judge your intentions.
Rhule feels he can be a lot more selective since it will most likely be a small class. But hey, if you want him to accept commitments from guys to satisfy your out of state by April requirement, then don’t hold your breath. Or do. Either way is fine.

Here’s the deal: I am right and I will always be right. I am only talking about date of first out-of-state commit. If you read carefully only the words I have posted in this thread, you will see that I have made no claim about how this class finishes.

Many in this thread have assumed I meant something more than I said. Since you said A, you must believe B, and since you believe B, you are wrong. What is wrong was your blind jump from A to B.

I’ve seen this collective mentality play out on this board on many subjects.

Here’s the deal: I am right and I will always be right. I am only talking about date of first out-of-state commit. If you read carefully only the words I have posted in this thread, you will see that I have made no claim about how this class finishes.

Many in this thread have assumed I meant something more than I said. Since you said A, you must believe B, and since you believe B, you are wrong. What is wrong was your blind jump from A to B.

Exactly why does the date of the first out of state commit for a team with 6 losing seasons in a row matter? ISU used to fill up early with out of Iowa commits and still suck. Then they would lose some of those out of state recruits near signing day when they got better offers. We better start in the area and build out from there. IF we can win early the level of out of state recruit we attract will rise but you HAVE to start at home so we don’t lose area future NFL talent to other programs like Bill, Bo, Mike and Scott did.

Fair enough. Rather than being cryptic, be transparent. Why did you post that we had no out of state commits? If it wasn’t to bitch, why post it?

If it was just to be informative, why not say that right away?

Edit: most people that post like that are trying to make a point. Sorry if I misread it, but you shouldn’t be surprised when you post something like that that people are gonna respond.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Rather than being cryptic, be transparent. Why did you post that we had no out of state commits? If it wasn’t to bitch, why post it?

If it was just to be informative, why not say that right away?

Edit: most people that post like that are trying to make a point. Sorry if I misread it, but you shouldn’t be surprised when you post something like that that people are gonna respond.
I didn’t set out to troll people. I noticed that none of our commits were from outside Nebraska, and it struck me as a little late for that. So I made a post. Didn’t expect much if any response.

By the time I got back to the thread, a group of posters had responded about how dumb and wrong I was. It was quickly apparent that several people had believed I said and meant something other than the words I had posted.

I could have replied to each poster and explained how they misunderstood me. But that is incredibly lame.

I could have said nothing and ignored it. A solidly viable option.

Or, I could have some fun with their misunderstanding. Simply restate my original true statement, and ignore anything added to it. Everyone gets upset that I haven’t capitulated.

I did feel like I was acting like Kong until I decided it was enough.

I didn’t set out to troll people. I noticed that none of our commits were from outside Nebraska, and it struck me as a little late for that. So I made a post. Didn’t expect much if any response.

By the time I got back to the thread, a group of posters had responded about how dumb and wrong I was. It was quickly apparent that several people had believed I said and meant something other than the words I had posted.

I could have replied to each poster and explained how they misunderstood me. But that is incredibly lame

Or, I could have some fun with their misunderstanding. Simply restate my original true statement, and ignore anything added to it. Everyone gets upset that I haven’t capitulated.

I guess I missed anybody calling you dumb. I just saw a discussion of IF it was important to have early commits from out of state. When you have as many guys with D-1 offers in the area though my belief is we better not be slow playing them chasing star rankings of distant out of staters. That has bit us in the ass in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred

I could have replied to each poster and explained how they misunderstood me. But that is incredibly lame.

Another viable option would be a generic, “I was merely pointing it out, not calling out the coaches.” You wouldn’t need to respond to every single poster one by one.

But you do understand how a post about only having Nebraska commits can feel like a dig at recruiting, don’t you? And the fact that it’s only April seems a little early to be dogging on recruiting.

You’ve been on this board for 17 years, and you couldn’t see this happening?

But you do understand why people see the silliness of your post right? Specifically Post #446 on 3/27/2024.

If you look back historically (15 years), out of state commits before March 27th.
2024: 1
2023: 1
2022: 0
2021: 2
2020: 1
2019: 0
2018: 0
2017: 3
2016: 2 (1 being a legacy in John Raridon out of Iowa who had been committed since Sept 2014).
2015: 5
2014: 0
2013: 0
2012: 1
2011: 2 (1 being a legacy in Tyler Moore out of Florida who had been committed since Oct 2009).
2010: 0
2009: 0

Out of those 15 years, you have an average of 1.2 commits prior to 3/27 per year.

So are you really making this big of a deal over 1.2 commits AND when nearly half of the time (in the past 15 years) we haven't had a single out of state commit prior to 3/27?

But you do understand why people see the silliness of your post right? Specifically Post #446 on 3/27/2024.

If you look back historically (15 years), out of state commits before March 27th.
2016: 2 (1 being a legacy in John Raridon out of Iowa who had been committed since Sept 2014).
2011: 2 (1 being a legacy in Tyler Moore out of Florida who had been committed since Oct 2009).

Out of those 15 years, you have an average of 1.2 commits prior to 3/27 per year.

So are you really making this big of a deal over 1.2 commits AND when nearly half of the time (in the past 15 years) we haven't had a single out of state commit prior to 3/27?
I think he gets the point now. He made an observation. Good research though. I would have expected it to have been more than that.

I think he gets the point now. He made an observation. Good research though. I would have expected it to have been more than that.
Just because I was curious...

2008: 0
2007: 0 (didn't get an out of state commit until June AND that was also our 2nd overall commit in Demetrious Davis who ended up not signing with us anyway due to not qualifying if I remember correctly, haha.).
2006: 0
2005: 0
2004: 0

One thing I'll note is that MAYBE we did have commits prior to 3/27, but after a coaching change, they decommited & went elsewhere. But that would only be for 4 out of 20 years and even without a coaching change year, we never saw a large out of state commitment year that occurred prior to 3/27 outside of 2015.

Just because I was curious...

2008: 0
2007: 0 (didn't get an out of state commit until June AND that was also our 2nd overall commit in Demetrious Davis who ended up not signing with us anyway due to not qualifying if I remember correctly, haha.).
2006: 0
2005: 0
2004: 0

One thing I'll note is that MAYBE we did have commits prior to 3/27, but after a coaching change, they decommited & went elsewhere. But that would only be for 4 out of 20 years and even without a coaching change year, we never saw a large out of state commitment year that occurred prior to 3/27 outside of 2015.
Good research. For me it's just fun to follow. I post these updates of recruits on the free board so when we get a commit most people following along knows who he is, where he's from, stars, etc. And anyone that follows recruiting knows we will have some decommit late. We will flip guys late. That's just the ups and downs of the roller coaster of recruiting. The early signing date has helped with the decommits and flip floppers. But with NIL and the portal it's a whole new game. Hell, I remember names from guys we almost got all the way to the NFL draft. Football. NFL and CFB and recruiting are my main areas of interest. No MLB, NHL or NBA for me. Plus, I like to keep it all Husker recruiting, and football related on a Husker recruiting board. I don't mind the OT but I try to keep it all things Husker. GBR!!

This data hits pretty hard. When you add in the small size of this class it makes it even less significant

At any rate, I’ll stop preaching. Thanks for clarifying, I’m moving on. Have a great Monday!

Maybe he does, but this...
Simply restate my original true statement
makes me think that he doesn't. His statement really wasn't true unless he believes having 1 out of state commit by this time is something pressing to have?

It is what it is. Time to get something done today, haha!

Maybe he does, but this...

makes me think that he doesn't. His statement really wasn't true unless he believes having 1 out of state commit by this time is something pressing to have?

It is what it is. Time to get something done today, haha!
Its all good. We're quick to jump on people we view taking shots at the program or staff. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Damn we confrontational on this board.

I know we go through this worrying/wringing of hands every recruiting cycle but honestly its way too early to be worrying about out of state recruits. As I recall there was a peak period of commits in June last year. Although it's nice, early commitments really aren't truly committed at this point in the year any way. For Nebraska a lot will depend on progress made (or not made) this Fall on the field. Some recruits currently committed to other schools will decommit and rethink things any way before signing day.

I know we go through this worrying/wringing of hands every recruiting cycle but honestly its way too early to be worrying about out of state recruits. As I recall there was a peak period of commits in June last year. Although it's nice, early commitments really aren't truly committed at this point in the year any way. For Nebraska a lot will depend on progress made (or not made) this Fall on the field. Some recruits currently committed to other schools will decommit and rethink things any way before signing day.
you are exactly correct about the "commitments". We had a nice RB committed for a long time last year. That didn't exactly pan out for us.

That is some Sam-I-Am vibes there, wow.

OK, thank you, I know what to believe now, "you are right, and shut-up, because you are right."

That was a really weak response, it made me laugh.

I do not believe you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT