ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half game Thread!

The D looked totally disinterested after the second turnover. Kind of like 'it's not our fault'.

I can't even try to defend anything on here except one thing, K Johnosn Jr us a big Husker lean because him and his dad love coach Riley and thats why at least he will be Husker. We may nit get Homles or Hightower, but KJJ is ours to lose and Gebbia is the up in the air recruit. But he could see this mess and think, ok i could just show up and sleep walk threw practice and be the man at QB.

Well we look like crap against all these average and bad teams but i could see the one good team we play, we actually show up and win. We lose to Rutgers and Purdue but pull off wins against Iowa and MSU. Sorry but lose to bad teams and pull it off against the good teams. Go figure type deal.

Oh, is every loss in Riley's first year on BO? I need to get a handle on what the new excuse is going to be this week.

No, the question was "what has happened to Nebraska" This is what happens when you have a coach who can't recruit, and can't coach. We have a team who's margin of error is incredibly slim. That's not to say Riley has done nothing wrong, but he was given an awfully bare cupboard and kids who weren't taught very well.

Seriously? A totally telegraphed QB draw, and our slow ass defense can't stop him before 6 yards? Man, I know Riley and company have some bad habits, but you can't coach speed. And our defense is routinely left in the dust even if they're "right there."

Not that we offered any resistance, but that was a well called drive by Purdue. Lots of misdirection pass plays, kept the D really off balance.

We're certainly being outplayed, which is a concern but I'm not sure we're being "outcoached." Though I don't know why we're throwing as often as we are.
No this is what happens when a coach watches film and tendencies and game plans to exploit them. This is what a Coach does. It would appear that Riley doesn't.

Given enough time, there is a better than zero chance that Riley will be able to get Nebraska to the point where they can compete with a program like Purdue.

Purdue leads Nebraska 42-16 with 2:30 remaining in the 3rd quarter.

Some programs fire personnel after things like this.

I guess one way to ensure you don't consistently lose the games that matter is to make sure none of the games matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT