ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half game Thread!

Can we convince Keyshawn Jr not to visit next weekend? The staff is about to see how nice Nebraska fans really are. Boooooing will start after the first three and out.

Can we stop with the illusion that KJ Jr is going to come to Nebraska. It's not going to happen. USC will hire a good young coach and he will be a Trojan.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Fyfe is doing ok but he basically put 14 points on t he board for Purdue. The OL play today is terrible can't run or pass seemingly
Or 12 points, since that INT would have otherwise been a safety. And while it's awful to give up a safety there, it's certainly better than blindly heaving the ball where only a defender can get it.

we were passing a lot on that last series to save time to try to get points before the half

They are playing the way they are being coached. SOFT! The coaches are soft and they are comfortable with losing, that's all they know.

Reactions: meo1960
No, Fyfe isn't 'doing ok'. His play is terrible.

Yeah, I could have sworn people claimed Ryker was a better "pure passer" he throws off his back foot more than Tommy does, sidearm, without looking where he's throwing it, if he happens to be feeling any pressure at all.

It disgusts me to say that I think the biggest problem here is a lack of effort by Nebraska. I see both the offensive line and the entire defense being completely fine with how this game is going. Hands on their hips, not giving a rat's behind about the outcome of this game. Just have equipment check in tomorrow and forfeit the rest of the games if they aren't going to even care.
You are right on!!!

Yeah, I could have sworn people claimed Ryker was a better "pure passer" he throws off his back foot more than Tommy does, sidearm, without looking where he's throwing it, if he happens to be feeling any pressure at all.

yes they did

Ok, we are down by 12, this is where the coaches should pull the team together, start demanding some focus, calm their nerves, instill some confidence, be a freaking leader for god's sake. I'd be interested to know what the locker room approach the coaches take.

Hes' throwing the way he's throwing because he's running for his life. Our O line is terrible and he doesn't pose the run threat that TA does to keep the defense more honest. They can just pin their ears back and come. I'm not saying Fyfe is great but he has virtually no chance. We HAVE to run the ball or this will get even more ugly.

OL is getting handled. Like to see us run more but they have been getting stuffed after starting out ok
The OL is soft because this staff runs a pass first offense. Way too much passing. And now, they've dug themselves a hole because they cannot run, even when they need to, which is not putting our backup QB into the best position to be successful.

I hold a lot against bo but we are getting into Riley's problems today.

Poorly coached team, lack of depth and talent, injuries and penalties sums it up.
How slow we are at linebacker was exposed big time when their QB out ran Newby for that TD. Their QB is NOT fast and he pulled away from Newby. Our O line looks horribly confused by the different fronts they are throwing at us. Hopefully they can figure something out at half.

How slow we are at linebacker was exposed big time when their QB out ran Newby for that TD. Their QB is NOT fast and he pulled away from Newby. Our O line looks horribly confused by the different fronts they are throwing at us. Hopefully they can figure something out at half.

I could write a book on where to place blame.

I heard more than my share of "firsts" with Pelini. Mark Mike Riley down for new lows in Purdue's first Big Ten win at home under Hazell. This is a team with 5 wins in 3 seasons against (1) Indiana State (2) Western Michigan (3) Southern Illinois (4) Illinois and (5) Indiana State.

This is lower than blowouts at Texas Tech or Wisconsin. Those were good teams. This is FCS crap.

I agree 100%. This team is a mess. No focus, or discipline.

I now truly believe there may well be changes made after the season. I didn`t think it was possible before but this is just garbage on all levels.

Sad cause the Huskers have some decent talent but bad game planning & coaching 2 the talent u have at the moment. No discipline at all equals a garbage football team. Michigan probably has less talent then the Huskers & they don't play like garbage! Smart enough 2 hire a great coach unlike Neb. Our boys deserved a better coaching staff then this. The AD needs to go along with the coaches he hired!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT