ADVERTISEMENT

1st HALF GAME THREAD!

Meyer is still coaching a game. You do remember the NU comeback in Lincoln a few years ago. We've got to regroup and try to at least win the 2nd half. Our whole team just looks shell shocked. Riley's first comment headed to the locker room was that Tommy is ok and that's the first thing his team has to know.

Yeah, I understand that. But unless we get some of the greatest coaches in the history of the game to come coach our team in the 2nd half, Meyer has to know there's no way we come back. Ridiculous to not go for the FG there when that just happened to our QB and leader of our team. Running up the score is the nature of the beast now I guess. Can't wait to see them get absolutely destroyed by Michigan.

I believe the kids will continue to fight hard in the 2nd half but they're just not prepared to beat this team. I've seen the same exact plays called in the same exact situations as I've seen all year. OSU literally could look at our film and not expect any new wrinkles. On the other hand OSU has opened up their offenses from the last 2 weeks. That's coaching and smart football..

Reactions: ncaalover12
Husker fans of all people understand lines win and lose games because there was a time when we had the best. We know. Tonight we're playing somebody with much better lines. There are no coaches or play calls that are going to be the difference for us tonight. OSU is awesome. Took a while to get going, but you saw this coming from a mile away. 10-2 is probable, focus on that tonight.
Yeah, but run the ball. No, not up the middle. Run it outside. Wait, that's not working, run something different.

BTW, I agree with your post. We are getting whipped up front. There aren't many play calls that would work tonight.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Yeah, I understand that. But unless we get some of the greatest coaches in the history of the game to come coach our team in the 2nd half, Meyer has to know there's no way we come back. Ridiculous to not go for the FG there when that just happened to our QB and leader of our team. Running up the score is the nature of the beast now I guess. Can't wait to see them get absolutely destroyed by Michigan.
Ummmmm. No. No matter the situation that is not running up the score. It was the 1st half. Put on your big boy pants and stop them.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Husker fans of all people understand lines win and lose games because there was a time when we had the best. We know. Tonight we're playing somebody with much better lines. There are no coaches or play calls that are going to be the difference for us tonight. OSU is awesome. Took a while to get going, but you saw this coming from a mile away. 10-2 is probable, focus on that tonight.
This makes way too much sense.

First of all I hope Tommy is OK. WOW!!! The Buckeye are really good. Their athletes are well coached. JT is hitting the open receiver and their receivers are getting separation. No 4 gets yards either way, running or catching. Their OC is calling plays that are easy for his players to convert on short yardage.. Ohio State's defense is making tackles and covering the Huskers receivers very well. Kudos to the great The Ohio State Buckeyes.

Reactions: Redblood23
I believe the kids will continue to fight hard in the 2nd half but they're just not prepared to beat this team. I've seen the same exact plays called in the same exact situations as I've seen all year. OSU literally could look at our film and not expect any new wrinkles. On the other hand OSU has opened up their offenses from the last 2 weeks. That's coaching and smart football..
DL has NO imagination for a college running game. And no, pitching the ball to ozigbo doesn't count as innovative......

Reactions: Redblood23
Ummmmm. No. No matter the situation that is not running up the score. It was the 1st half. Put on your big boy pants and stop them.

There were like 6 seconds left in the half. Everyone goes for the FG in that situation in the NFL. But in college you have to get as many points as possible to make it look more impressive.

this will be a good lesson for the pass happy crowd about qb depth.

DL has NO imagination for a college running game. And no, pitching the ball to ozigbo doesn't count as innovative......
I agree, he literally calls games like he's coaching on Sundays with superior talent or something. When a team his that much more talented than yours you have to be more innovative.

This is

Indiana's lines aren't better than us. This is on Banker. I knew that loser would show his true colors before the season was up. Fking c*nt pulling this shit in front of a national audience!!

That's absolutely PI - he's pulling his shoulder pad the entire route.

They all do under this staff. But they never did under Osborne's boy Blo. He was too busy trying to cover up things to see what was happening to the program.

When we are vgetting blown out 5 y
Agreed. Surprised Eichorst did not fire him earlier.

5 years, Hell let's make it 10 years from now, when we get beat by a Superior team with better athletes you guys will still be talking about the boogie man, Bo. Get over him. He lives in OHIO!!!

Getting held on that 3rd down play and it not getting called doesnt help either

Agreed...we continue to get hosed by the BIG, the refs, and Herbstreit week after week. It's like they don't understand who we are and what we mean to football. We need to demand the respect we deserve.

Agreed...we continue to get hosed by the BIG, the refs, and Herbstreit week after week. It's like they don't understand who we are and what we mean to football. We need to demand the respect we deserve.

I think everyone respects Nebraska in the B1G. Riley seems to be recruiting really well so it looks like you will get to where you want to be in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT