ADVERTISEMENT

11/10/15: Berkeley High Threat Resolved. Missouri Investigation Presumably Ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, you and Huskerlife39 both missed the point and I strongly disagree with the over-generalizations in your post and his.

The point is that just as there is real racism that is a lingering problem in our society that needs to be dealt with, there is also the use of accusations of racism as a weapon for political ends and intimidation. Both problems arawful.

In the end, the Missouri president, in my opinion, should have just met with the students who were upset early on and promised additional campus security and a thorough investigation. The students, for their part, should have focused on the incidents of concern and left politics out of it. Really the whole outcome seems unfortunate and counterproductive.
Clev, of what over-generalization do you accuse me of. Do you truly believe anyone thinks that that there isn't real racism at play in America. The problem is that we have heard the cry of wolf so many times in the last few years only to be proven untrue that it's become impossible to know what's real and faked. I truly believe myself to be fairly color blind and I still immediately dismissed the MU Campus issue as another cry of wolf. Sadly it appears more and more likely it is.
How do we as compassionate Americans know when we need to address racial injustices when we can't even tell when the injustices occur. "Hands up don't shoot" had multiple minority witnesses that said that Michael Brown had his hands up and was retreating when the officer shot him! Multiple minority witnesses that all misled authorities and the public about what had happened. Trayvon Martin if we were to believe initial reports was some form of choir boy that was minding his own business when he was shot. That is until we actually saw an up to date photo that was not so choir boy and found out very little we were being told about him was true.
I'm willing to bet that if I wanted to expend the energy and do the research there are a dozen cases like this in the last six years. Yet where is the outrage by the minority community over these incidents because they are the people who are truly being injured. Victims of actual racism are going to find themselves and their experiences discounted because these false incidents have become so prevalent.
Truthfully, even as a compassionate individual, who believes with all my being that we all deserve an equal opportunity to succeed. I find myself falling into the category of I simply don't care anymore. I simply don't care if someone is being discriminated against because I will never know if it's real or I'm being scammed again!

Looks like she is claiming to have received "death and rape" threats..... come on... it's right there on the tee and my backswing is already done. Please please please let me comment on the rape threat claim.

She outed herself and needs to pay the piper. The truth is seldom vague.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...st-amendment-rights/

Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder is out with the following statement about Monday’s incident at the University of Missouri, during which communications faculty member Melissa Click “was caught on camera harassing journalists trying to cover protesters.”

“On Sunday I stood by the rights of protesters to have their voices heard while also urging the need for governance by University of Missouri leadership. Today, I’m standing for another First Amendment right, the freedom of the press. Actions on Monday by University faculty and staff to infringe on students’ First Amendment rights directly contradict what is taught at our universities. This incident must be examined, and if found necessary, disciplined.

“Faculty and staff cannot be allowed to pick and choose which rights, viewpoints and freedoms they respect. I renew my call to restore law and order on campus, so the rights of all are protected. The University of Missouri is funded by taxpayers. It is imperative that it be a place where freedom is paramount and all voices are heard.”

Kinder, who is expected to run for governor, has also denounced the protests and warned that they may spread. He also called them “an extension of the uprisings in Ferguson from 2014.”

This is part of a national movement. Some of the protesters were probably well motivated, but some of the other protesters are very much connected and bound up in and members of the Black Lives Matter movement…and when they saw a chance to rope some members of the football team into the protests, demanding the resignation of the President, that is a tactic that’s going to be tried on campuses. It just happened to be the first time they tried it was at Missouri.”

He disagreed with the actions of Missouri’s football coach, Gary Pinkel, who issued support for protesters and members of his football team that promised a boycott if the university President Tim Wolfe remained in his post.

yes, he is a Republican.

Reactions: starbrown
There are three ways to get ahead in America.

Be born into wealth

Merit. Earn it, like Ben Carson.

Victimology. Demand it, like Hussein.

The last one is very recent. The first two existed thruout all of American history. It's only in the last 50 years people could become successful by claiming life is unfair. Well life is unfair . . . to everyone. Every person has a tale of woe. Too short . . . too tall . . . too fat . . . too skinny . . . too old . . . too young . . . too poor . . . too rich (yes, there are people who seek therapy for being too rich) . . . lost a loved one . . . child of divorce . . . bastard label . . . learning disability . . . abusive spouse . . . abusive parents . . . abusive children . . . persecuted for being a muslim/jew/christian/atheist . . . gay . . . anorexia . . . bulimia . . . sexual harassment . . . left handed . . . you don't have blue eyes & blond hair . . . False accusation of sexual harassment . . . socially awkward . . . disease . . . company layoffs . . . persecuted for color . . . persecuted for gender . . . etc.

We have a person who is among the most privileged and successful and well educated in America demanding she be made President because her life is a story of oppression. Oh, and because she is a woman. Never mind the fact she has broken the law numerous times and a MAN (Gen. Petraeus) who did far less than her was prosecuted, which she never will be. Still the narrative is anyone who doesn't demand she be President is a sexist (war on women anyone?) controlled by hate thoughts.

The USA is 330 million victims living inside a twilight zone episode. And we did it to ourselves.

Last edited:
You mean HRC as Darth Vader?

PS...The social activist, Jana Basler Bredeson called in sick today. She was the lead aggressor on Tim Tai, the student photographer that stood his ground. They hide like roaches in the light of day.
CTdVBlIUAAABMma.png

Reactions: baseball31ne
Looks like she is claiming to have received "death and rape" threats..... come on... it's right there on the tee and my backswing is already done. Please please please let me comment on the rape threat claim.

What's often lacking on message boards is discussion that doesn't result in insults and vulgarity. Some of this thread slipped into that, and I think it's unfortunate.

You can disagree with something/someone and state your case without that.

Godwins law.

It's real because humanity is controlled by emotion, not logic. There are no saints among us.

What's often lacking on message boards is discussion that doesn't result in insults and vulgarity. Some of this thread slipped into that, and I think it's unfortunate.

Learn to joke. She brought this on herself. I can admit I make calous statements at times. I was literally trying to get a chuckle out of people.

I would suggest that expecting professional and mature behavior 100% of the time from a football message board is shooting a little high.

We have a several guys who are pretty dang funny. Beav, C20, 4.6.3.8.9.4, just to name 8. History suggests there's a chance their going to crack wise on most subjects, some of us enjoy it.

Sammy Davis Jr is a great story to juxtapose in this current situation

He was born when Jim Crow was in full effect. People had no compunction about using offensive words and making threats toward blacks. Did Sammy engage in a self-aggrandizing hunger strike?

Did Sammy get a free college education like these athletes?
Did Sammy's parents have access to welfare benefits like the parents of modern athletes?
Did any of these athletes on strike serve in the military? Sammy did.
Have any of these athletes lost an eye?
Are any of them small and skinny in a world of open prejudice?
Are any of these athletes that were on strike Jewish in a world where the KKK meets with politicians behind closed doors like they did in Sammy's time?
Sammy brought music and laughter to the world, what joy do these sullen, angry, entitled, spoiled, politically motivated athletes bring to the world?

I hope these athletes find better mentors and somehow attain maturity in their lifetime. They're young, so they still have plenty of time to grow up.

The death threats in Columbia remind just how Southern Missouri really is....Culturally they really do fit in the SEC...this country is as divided as its ever been it seems

There are three ways to get ahead in America.

Be born into wealth

Merit. Earn it, like Ben Carson.

Victimology. Demand it, like Hussein.

The last one is very recent. The first two existed thruout all of American history. It's only in the last 50 years people could become successful by claiming life is unfair. Well life is unfair . . . to everyone. Every person has a tale of woe. Too short . . . too tall . . . too fat . . . too skinny . . . too old . . . too young . . . too poor . . . too rich (yes, there are people who seek therapy for being too rich) . . . lost a loved one . . . child of divorce . . . bastard label . . . learning disability . . . abusive spouse . . . abusive parents . . . abusive children . . . persecuted for being a muslim/jew/christian/atheist . . . gay . . . anorexia . . . bulimia . . . sexual harassment . . . left handed . . . you don't have blue eyes & blond hair . . . False accusation of sexual harassment . . . socially awkward . . . disease . . . company layoffs . . . persecuted for color . . . persecuted for gender . . . etc.

We have a person who is among the most privileged and successful and well educated in America demanding she be made President because her life is a story of oppression. Oh, and because she is a woman. Never mind the fact she has broken the law numerous times and a MAN (Gen. Petraeus) who did far less than her was prosecuted, which she never will be. Still the narrative is anyone who doesn't demand she be President is a sexist (war on women anyone?) controlled by hate thoughts.

The USA is 330 million victims living inside a twilight zone episode. And we did it to ourselves.
Why are you referring to the President of the United States with such disrespect? That is out and out racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT