ADVERTISEMENT

11/10/15: Berkeley High Threat Resolved. Missouri Investigation Presumably Ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
As an update, the Berkeley High KKK threat on a computer that led to protests in recent weeks has fortunately turned out to be a hoax. If you haven't followed the story, I linked an Los Angeles Times article at the very bottom.

I would stress that this case has no bearing on the feces swastika at Missouri, which was surely created by a wayward white student and deserves no scrutiny whatsoever. Hopefully that investigation will continue under the new leadership at Missouri.

Here is the update about the culprit of the Berkeley incident from today. The underlining is mine:

"The story bears some similarity to the news of an epidemic of white racism that broke out at Berkeley High in California two weeks ago. A teacher’s aide found an open computer containing a message saying that the KKK was coming to Berkeley on December 9.

Soon after, the faculty and staff and student body swung into action -- everyone condemned the white racism at Berkeley -- yes, that Berkeley -- and demanded all sorts of things to make sure it never happened again.

Administrators vowed to take the fullest legal action possible once the miscreant was apprehended.

Thousands of students walked out of class shouting “Black power” and “Black Lives Matter.” The principal and faculty joined in the marching and chanting.

Soon after they figured out who the real culprit was, but were loath to admit it: the person who created the (misspelled) KKK announcement was a black student. It was a hoax."

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...u_and_berkeley_racial_hoaxes_of_the_week.html

Link to background story at Los Angeles Times:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...test-kkk-lynching-message-20151105-story.html

As an update, the Berkeley High KKK threat on a computer that led to protests in recent weeks has fortunately turned out to be a hoax. If you haven't followed the story, I linked an Los Angeles Times article at the very bottom.

I would stress that this case has no bearing on the feces swastika at Missouri, which was surely created by a wayward white student and deserves no scrutiny whatsoever. Hopefully that investigation will continue under the new leadership at Missouri.

Here is the update about the culprit of the Berkeley incident from today. The underlining is mine:

"The story bears some similarity to the news of an epidemic of white racism that broke out at Berkeley High in California two weeks ago. A teacher’s aide found an open computer containing a message saying that the KKK was coming to Berkeley on December 9.

Soon after, the faculty and staff and student body swung into action -- everyone condemned the white racism at Berkeley -- yes, that Berkeley -- and demanded all sorts of things to make sure it never happened again.

Administrators vowed to take the fullest legal action possible once the miscreant was apprehended.

Thousands of students walked out of class shouting “Black power” and “Black Lives Matter.” The principal and faculty joined in the marching and chanting.

Soon after they figured out who the real culprit was, but were loath to admit it: the person who created the (misspelled) KKK announcement was a black student. It was a hoax."

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...u_and_berkeley_racial_hoaxes_of_the_week.html

Link to background story at Los Angeles Times:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...test-kkk-lynching-message-20151105-story.html
Sadly Clev, I'm not the least bit surprised. It's become entirely to easy for a certain minority to gain concessions from accusing whites of oppressing them. Anymore they don't need a shred of proof! We've become so conditioned over the last six years that all they have to say is 'Racism' and someone hands them cash, or jobs or whatever else they claim they've been denied.

Reactions: RED-KORN-MAN
Sadly Clev, I'm not the least bit surprised. It's become entirely to easy for a certain minority to gain concessions from accusing whites of oppressing them. Anymore they don't need a shred of proof! We've become so conditioned over the last six years that all they have to say is 'Racism' and someone hands them cash, or jobs or whatever else they claim they've been denied.

Damn skippy. I'm confident that if given the choice at birth, you'd gladly choose to be black because that's where the benefits are at. Being white doesn't give you enough advantages any longer.

Damn skippy. I'm confident that if given the choice at birth, you'd gladly choose to be black because that's where the benefits are at. Being white doesn't give you enough advantages any longer.

Respectfully, you and Huskerlife39 both missed the point and I strongly disagree with the over-generalizations in your post and his.

The point is that just as there is real racism that is a lingering problem in our society that needs to be dealt with, there is also the use of accusations of racism as a weapon for political ends and intimidation. Both problems are awful.

In the end, the Missouri president, in my opinion, should have just met with the students who were upset early on and promised additional campus security and a thorough investigation. The students, for their part, should have focused on the incidents of concern and left politics out of it. Really the whole outcome seems unfortunate and counterproductive.

That is an extremely racist stance. No idea why you would make that leap, other than an ACTUAL pre-conceived notion. There is no room for that type of nastyness here (unless your true goal is not really equality, but something else entirely). And if that's the case, carry on with your accusations and pre-conceived thoughts.

That is an extremely racist stance. No idea why you would make that leap, other than an ACTUAL pre-conceived notion. There is no room for that type of nastyness here (unless your true goal is not really equality, but something else entirely). And if that's the case, carry on with your accusations and pre-conceived thoughts.
Also, why the term "skippy"? Is that meant as a racist slap at someone you perceive to be a different color than you?

Respectfully, you and Huskerlife39 both missed the point and I strongly disagree with the over-generalizations in your post and his.

The point is that just as there is real racism that is a lingering problem in our society that needs to be dealt with, there is also the use of accusations of racism as a weapon for political ends and intimidation. Both problems are awful.

In the end, the Missouri president, in my opinion, should have just met with the students who were upset early on and promised additional campus security and a thorough investigation. The students, for their part, should have focused on the incidents of concern and left politics out of it. Really the whole outcome seems unfortunate and counterproductive.

This is precisely what lots of people want.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Spot on. Hypocrisy is freaking annoying. My Grandpa always said fix your own house before telling your neighbor what they need to fix. Really simple.

Reactions: starbrown
As one other update for fairness, at least one of the complaints at Missouri seems to have been legitimate:

"There were a few alleged racial incidents on campus, all involving racial slurs or symbols, including one where a drunken student verbally harassed a group of black students (he has been removed from campus, pending disciplinary procedures)."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/11/10/the_mizzou_meltdown_128690.html

If the accusations are true, it sounds like this has been dealt with appropriately. Realistically though, I'm not sure what power an administration has to prevent the occasional drunken idiot from spouting off on campus. All you can really do is investigate the complaint and pursue appropriate disciplinary action.

I am 100% certain it didn't happen or was created by a person directly involved with the 1950 group. still don't uderstand why the Pres or chancellor resigned so easily, maybe tired of the bs.

CTdaXJ_XAAEToSf.jpg

I think the poopstika was probably done by a white liberal or a black agitator. I could be wrong, but it could happen, like the fake rape reports. Don't forget Tawana Brawley.

Last edited:
The person behind Berkley hoax should do 5 yrs in prison
Yup. If it was true, throw the deranged idiot in jail. Made up for political and personal gain? Same damn thing. Ruining peoples lives because of perceived slights they had ZERO control over, I hope the lawyers nail them to the wall if that is the case. Ruin them financially for the rest of their pathetic lives, either way.

I am 100% certain it didn't happen or was created by a person directly involved with the 1950 group. still don't uderstand why the Pres or chancellor resigned so easily, maybe tired of the bs.

2 reasons, I think: 1) They hoped they could appease a mob. 2) Financially they stood to lose a lot with the football team boycotting.

Bad precedent.

Was it really a mob, sure they libs would have delivered the masses to the scene potentially since most aren't doing anything at the time. #2 that is why fans should boycott, threaten to pull the players schollies if they boycott game. This was a bully move by a small group and yes a horrible precedent.

You need to reed the article I posted above. That photo was already debunked and had been out on the internet about a year before the alleged incident occurred.

I think it should be investigated fully and if it really was carried out by someone with racial animosity, I hope they are identified and booted from school. However, there is precedent for these things being hoaxes and there is valid reason for concern here. It wouldn't surprise me at all if something like this was done as a publicity stunt for political purposes.

The players were used as pawns in a political agenda, as was Pinkel. The BOR should fire Pinkel tomorrow

The players were used as pawns in a political agenda, as was Pinkel. The BOR should fire Pinkel tomorrow

I think at least part of Pinkel's enthusiasm for the strike may have had something to do with their losing record. :eek:

That's just me though. I tend to be skeptical. Maybe Pinkel's support was 100% principled. o_O

I get it but somebody needs some balls to stand up to the terrorists

Stolen from a comments section in Fox news....

"Build a fire for a liberal and you warm him for one night. Set a liberal on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life"

OK, so a little inappropriate, but funny.

Professor Click update
CTacBaLWUAEiqsz.jpg

http://www.columbiamissourian....63-87e5cacea580.html

UPDATE: MU journalism faculty voting to reconsider Click's courtesy appointment

COLUMBIA — Faculty in the Missouri School of Journalism were voting Tuesday to revoke a courtesy appointment for Melissa Click, an assistant professor in MU's Department of Communication.

The journalism school's executive committee, including Dean David Kurpius, met Tuesday morning to discuss the vote and prepare a statement on Click's actions Monday as seen in footage of a confrontation between freelance photographer Tim Tai and protesters near the Concerned Student 1950 camp on the Mel Carnahan Quadrangle.

Click was seen at the end of the video asking for assistance and for "muscle" to remove Mark Schierbecker, who filmed the interaction and uploaded his footage to YouTube.

Kurpius and Esther Thorson, the journalism school's associate dean for graduate studies, characterized Click's actions as a clear violation of First Amendment rights. Kurpius said taking actions that might escalate a peaceful protest was "unwarranted."

A courtesy appointment allows members of one academic unit to serve on the graduate committees of students from other academic units. Click teaches mass media in the Department of Communications, which is part of MU's College of Arts & Science. The School of Journalism is a separate entity.

Click has been an assistant professor at MU since 2008, serving as a resident instructor and visiting instructor between 2003 and 2008. She earned her Ph.D in 2009 from the Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.

An email vote was being conducted among doctoral faculty and members of the journalism school's Promotion and Tenure Committee on Tuesday morning. A simple majority from the groups is needed to revoke a courtesy appointment, Thorson said.

"It's close," Thorson said of the vote. "But we have some strong voices concerned about fairness (to Click)."

The doctoral faculty will convene to vote if enough faculty members say they want a face-to-face vote.

Kurpius said he was not aware of Click ever having taught a journalism class at MU, adding that she might be able to teach a cross-listed course. He said it was the responsibility of any faculty member "to support the First Amendment rights of all students and staff."

Attempts to reach Click were unsuccessful; a call to her university phone number indicated that her voicemail inbox was full.

In an email to Chris Bennett, an attorney in Austin, Texas, and an MU graduate, College of Arts & Science Dean Michael O'Brien said, "I in no way condone what Dr. Click did, but I hope (key word) that we can chalk this up to inflamed passion and inexperience."

O'Brien indicated that he and Mitchell McKinney, who chairs the Department of Communication, would be meeting with Click.

"Faculty (and students) have a right to express their views, but they do NOT have the right to intimidate others," O'Brien wrote in the email. "This has been an awful time for the university, but that in no way condones intimidation."

Bennett, who graduated in 2005 with a degree in interdisciplinary studies, emailed O'Brien Monday night, saying he was "absolutely horrified" to see the video of Click.

"I just let him know that I thought it was absolutely unacceptable for a member of the faculty to threaten violence against any journalist, and especially a student journalist," Bennett said Tuesday in an interview.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

Let's say you're right. Let's say being born black in America is tantamount to a life of abuse. Wouldn't that suggest that blacks would be happier in a predominantly black nation? So what is your reasoning for them staying in such a brutal place when they could leave for greener pastures on the continent of Africa?

You need to reed the article I posted above. That photo was already debunked and had been out on the internet about a year before the alleged incident occurred.

I think it should be investigated fully and if it really was carried out by someone with racial animosity, I hope they are identified and booted from school. However, there is precedent for these things being hoaxes and there is valid reason for concern here. It wouldn't surprise me at all if something like this was done as a publicity stunt for political purposes.

As has been mentioned already. We are just a few months away from a cut-throat election cycle.

If you can't win in the arena of ideas, then put fear into people. In California the Governor and state legislature told the people that if they didn't agree to higher taxes they would release thousands of violent prisoners. With a gun to their head, the people voted for higher taxes . . . and you know what happened? The Gov (Moonbeam Brown) and the La Raza-controlled legislature released thousands of violent criminals anyway. The moral to the story? The Dems have moved from collectivism as their driving ideology toward anarchism. That's why Bill Ayers is the defacto spiritual leader of the party. I'm wondering when the U of Illinois will have it's moment of crisis. I mean with Bill and his wife Bernadine as the most honored faculty members it should be happening any day.

Last edited:

He won't be fired that quickly. But when he is fired he will sue (with Soros or Bloomberg recommending the attorney) claiming retaliation/discrimination and a hostile work environment. He may even borrow some spray tan from Rachel Dolezal.

Professor Click update
CTacBaLWUAEiqsz.jpg

http://www.columbiamissourian....63-87e5cacea580.html

UPDATE: MU journalism faculty voting to reconsider Click's courtesy appointment

COLUMBIA — Faculty in the Missouri School of Journalism were voting Tuesday to revoke a courtesy appointment for Melissa Click, an assistant professor in MU's Department of Communication.

The journalism school's executive committee, including Dean David Kurpius, met Tuesday morning to discuss the vote and prepare a statement on Click's actions Monday as seen in footage of a confrontation between freelance photographer Tim Tai and protesters near the Concerned Student 1950 camp on the Mel Carnahan Quadrangle.

Click was seen at the end of the video asking for assistance and for "muscle" to remove Mark Schierbecker, who filmed the interaction and uploaded his footage to YouTube.

Kurpius and Esther Thorson, the journalism school's associate dean for graduate studies, characterized Click's actions as a clear violation of First Amendment rights. Kurpius said taking actions that might escalate a peaceful protest was "unwarranted."

A courtesy appointment allows members of one academic unit to serve on the graduate committees of students from other academic units. Click teaches mass media in the Department of Communications, which is part of MU's College of Arts & Science. The School of Journalism is a separate entity.

Click has been an assistant professor at MU since 2008, serving as a resident instructor and visiting instructor between 2003 and 2008. She earned her Ph.D in 2009 from the Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.

An email vote was being conducted among doctoral faculty and members of the journalism school's Promotion and Tenure Committee on Tuesday morning. A simple majority from the groups is needed to revoke a courtesy appointment, Thorson said.

"It's close," Thorson said of the vote. "But we have some strong voices concerned about fairness (to Click)."

The doctoral faculty will convene to vote if enough faculty members say they want a face-to-face vote.

Kurpius said he was not aware of Click ever having taught a journalism class at MU, adding that she might be able to teach a cross-listed course. He said it was the responsibility of any faculty member "to support the First Amendment rights of all students and staff."

Attempts to reach Click were unsuccessful; a call to her university phone number indicated that her voicemail inbox was full.

In an email to Chris Bennett, an attorney in Austin, Texas, and an MU graduate, College of Arts & Science Dean Michael O'Brien said, "I in no way condone what Dr. Click did, but I hope (key word) that we can chalk this up to inflamed passion and inexperience."

O'Brien indicated that he and Mitchell McKinney, who chairs the Department of Communication, would be meeting with Click.

"Faculty (and students) have a right to express their views, but they do NOT have the right to intimidate others," O'Brien wrote in the email. "This has been an awful time for the university, but that in no way condones intimidation."

Bennett, who graduated in 2005 with a degree in interdisciplinary studies, emailed O'Brien Monday night, saying he was "absolutely horrified" to see the video of Click.

"I just let him know that I thought it was absolutely unacceptable for a member of the faculty to threaten violence against any journalist, and especially a student journalist," Bennett said Tuesday in an interview.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

She needs to resign and never step foot on that campus again. I see no reason why anyone should settle for anything less than total fair play. Other guy was made to step down for stuff he didn't even do and here we have a clear case of wrongdoing by somebody that's actually caught on tape.

There was another professor in the video keeping the journalist out and my son had her as a teacher in the j school last year.....there are other teachers fanning the flames and their a$$es should be canned...I'm offended because as a resident of Missouri and a father paying tuition I am helping pay their salary and they are out there stirring the pot.

Again, in the interest of balance and fairness, there IS precedent for swastika vandalism being done at the University of Missouri at Columbia, so maybe the events alleged here due in fact hold merit:

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/03/man-charged-with-hate-crime-at-university-of-missouri/

Glad they at least caught the guy in that case.

In the end, at Mizzou I see:

1) A spineless president who was slow-footed and ultimately allowed himself to be bullied out of his position on grounds no one seems to be certain of.
2) A group called Concerned Student 1950 who may have real complaints but have revealed themselves to be extremely political and willing to bully others (see their list of demands and also their encounter with the reporters covering the event).
3) A liberal faculty at a major university. No surprise there.
4) A coach who threw his support behind his team boycotting in the middle of a 4-5 season. Brave.

I'm not sure what, if anything, there is to learn from all this. It just seems like there are no reasonable voices discussing anything in the middle of that mess.

Didn't know until today that the "Hunger Striker" is from Omaha and his dad is VP of Union Pacific. That means his family is worth millions. No wonder he's 25 and never had a real job. Talk about privilege. I'm betting there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye.

[QUOTE

I'm not sure what, if anything, there is to learn from all this. .

Melissa Click hasn't had sex in a really long time.[/QUOTE]
Not with any real man at least. I am still convinced she can't even make a decent ham sammich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT