“Husker Air Fleet”

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by red-one21, Feb 14, 2019.

1. red-one21

red-one21 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

The fleet of Husker donor planes to help coaches use their time most efficiently is great way to help level the field for our coache’s visits. However, it doesn’t address the issue of recruits being able to get to Lincoln on a Saturday. I think a great way around that would be to offer an airline a subsidy to have flights leaving major recruiting hubs to Lincoln or Omaha a few weekends in the fall allowing for recruits to make it here. The flights would have to be open to all potential passengers, which Husker nation would fill up quickly. however they should be able to ensure some available seats with a coordinated release date on the flight info. What do you guys think? Possible?

2. Catch50

Catch50 Athletic Director
    Expand Collapse

They might be able to get a cheap Airbus 380.

huskerfan66, TheBeav815 and tpmcg like this.
  3. BigRedPimp

BigRedPimp All-American
    Expand Collapse

Have gone full potato

schuele, TheBeav815 and Crazyhole like this.
  4. Buckman01213

Buckman01213 Walk On
    Expand Collapse

Possible, yes? Will it happen, absolutely not

huskerfan66 likes this.
  5. TheBeav815

TheBeav815 Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Super useful for those games when we have 600-800 kids taking their OV. Could they even land one of those in Lincoln? I assume it needs a lot of runway.

6. Huskerfan2112

Huskerfan2112 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Why not use those kc130 ang tankers? Smokin

7. GretnaShawn

GretnaShawn Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

Just expand Omaha's proposed street car to start in Florida and have the kids travel up in a street car. Problem solved.

MikeRileyGBR and TheBeav815 like this.
  8. huskerfan66

huskerfan66 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Lincoln actually has a long runway. They were a back up runway for the space shuttle landing if Cali was not doable

9. Cornicator

Cornicator Nebraska Legend
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This would be a gigantic recruiting violation, and OP, I think you should probably take a voluntary 1 week hiatus for making this recommendation.

10. red-one21

red-one21 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

That was kinda of the question Richard. Is this a possible loophole? Is it a recruiting violation to subsidize a flight open for all that the university couldn’t hold seats for and would just know when the flight info would be released? There was no suggestion to charter flights to fill with recruits, it was just to ensure that public flights existed. Even just an open line of communication with an airline to help illustrate there would be demand for the suggested public flights. How dare I openly hypothesize on such matters. Could you share with us the specific lingo that pertains to recruiting violation? Thanks Richard, I appreciate your opinion and deep wealth of knowledge.

10 red-one21, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    EATAFAT1 likes this.
  11. Cornicator

Cornicator Nebraska Legend
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I will gladly wear the Richard moniker if you still have to ask the question.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  12. red-one21

red-one21 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

No, I know. I didn’t ask if you were a Richard, I stated it. Feel free to answer the questions though. So what’s the bylaw that prevents universities subsidizing or even just communicating a demand for public flights?

13. mgbreis

mgbreis Senior
    Expand Collapse

Instead of doubling down on this being a serious question, maybe let's just agree this is never going to happen and move along. Nobody has called you a name for asking a dumb question, so why are you doing the tough guy name calling act?

schuele likes this.
  14. red-one21

red-one21 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Tough guy? He infers I’m an idiot for hypothesizing about something and I’m a tough guy for calling him a dick. Now I remember why I shut this shit down. No need to communicate with bunch of obese men sitting by behind their computers all day at work. I’ll take a permanent hiatus.

15. mgbreis

mgbreis Senior
    Expand Collapse

Good.

16. jmliehr

jmliehr First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

When would this be done? How would it even work? Kickoffs are often scheduled on very short notice compared to an airline schedule. You are talking maybe 30-60 people coming in on any of 8-9 weekends in the fall. Planes haul more than people also, so they’d have to pull a plane off an existing route for at most maybe 25k in revenue that is in reality just redirecting passengers and lowering yield on the Omaha flights. And how do you plan it? One from LA and one from Atlanta? A flight has to leave LA at like 6 am to land in Lincoln by noon, not to mention the smallest regional planes aren’t designed to fly 2,000 mile routes so you likely need a 70+ seat plane.

No airline would do such a thing, maybe a charter, but they would make more $ by doing normal flights.

17. tpmcg

tpmcg Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Nebraskairplane

18. EATAFAT1

EATAFAT1 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Could you grab me some Runzas and a few orders of Frings and a cola on your way out the door? THX in advance.