ADVERTISEMENT

“Husker Air Fleet”

red-one21

Sophomore
Sep 14, 2004
The fleet of Husker donor planes to help coaches use their time most efficiently is great way to help level the field for our coache’s visits. However, it doesn’t address the issue of recruits being able to get to Lincoln on a Saturday. I think a great way around that would be to offer an airline a subsidy to have flights leaving major recruiting hubs to Lincoln or Omaha a few weekends in the fall allowing for recruits to make it here. The flights would have to be open to all potential passengers, which Husker nation would fill up quickly. however they should be able to ensure some available seats with a coordinated release date on the flight info. What do you guys think? Possible?

The fleet of Husker donor planes to help coaches use their time most efficiently is great way to help level the field for our coache’s visits. However, it doesn’t address the issue of recruits being able to get to Lincoln on a Saturday. I think a great way around that would be to offer an airline a subsidy to have flights leaving major recruiting hubs to Lincoln or Omaha a few weekends in the fall allowing for recruits to make it here. The flights would have to be open to all potential passengers, which Husker nation would fill up quickly. however they should be able to ensure some available seats with a coordinated release date on the flight info. What do you guys think? Possible?

They might be able to get a cheap Airbus 380.

Possible, yes? Will it happen, absolutely not

Reactions: huskerfan66
Super useful for those games when we have 600-800 kids taking their OV. Could they even land one of those in Lincoln? I assume it needs a lot of runway.
Lincoln actually has a long runway. They were a back up runway for the space shuttle landing if Cali was not doable

This would be a gigantic recruiting violation, and OP, I think you should probably take a voluntary 1 week hiatus for making this recommendation.

This would be a gigantic recruiting violation, and OP, I think you should probably take a voluntary 1 week hiatus for making this recommendation.

That was kinda of the question Richard. Is this a possible loophole? Is it a recruiting violation to subsidize a flight open for all that the university couldn’t hold seats for and would just know when the flight info would be released? There was no suggestion to charter flights to fill with recruits, it was just to ensure that public flights existed. Even just an open line of communication with an airline to help illustrate there would be demand for the suggested public flights. How dare I openly hypothesize on such matters. Could you share with us the specific lingo that pertains to recruiting violation? Thanks Richard, I appreciate your opinion and deep wealth of knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: EATAFAT1
That was kinda of the question Richard. Is this a possible loophole? Is it a recruiting violation to subsidize a flight open for all that the university couldn’t hold seats for and would just know when the flight info would be released? There was no suggestion to charter flights to fill with recruits, it was just to ensure that public flights existed. Even just an open line of communication with an airline to help illustrate there would be demand for the suggested public flights. How dare I openly hypothesize on such matters. Could you share with us the specific lingo that pertains to recruiting violation? Thanks Richard, I appreciate your opinion and deep wealth of knowledge.

I will gladly wear the Richard moniker if you still have to ask the question.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I will gladly wear the Richard moniker if you still have to ask the question.
No, I know. I didn’t ask if you were a Richard, I stated it. Feel free to answer the questions though. So what’s the bylaw that prevents universities subsidizing or even just communicating a demand for public flights?

Instead of doubling down on this being a serious question, maybe let's just agree this is never going to happen and move along. Nobody has called you a name for asking a dumb question, so why are you doing the tough guy name calling act?

Reactions: schuele
Instead of doubling down on this being a serious question, maybe let's just agree this is never going to happen and move along. Nobody has called you a name for asking a dumb question, so why are you doing the tough guy name calling act?
Tough guy? He infers I’m an idiot for hypothesizing about something and I’m a tough guy for calling him a dick. Now I remember why I shut this shit down. No need to communicate with bunch of obese men sitting by behind their computers all day at work. I’ll take a permanent hiatus.

Tough guy? He infers I’m an idiot for hypothesizing about something and I’m a tough guy for calling him a dick. Now I remember why I shut this shit down. No need to communicate with bunch of obese men sitting by behind their computers all day at work. I’ll take a permanent hiatus.
Good.

When would this be done? How would it even work? Kickoffs are often scheduled on very short notice compared to an airline schedule. You are talking maybe 30-60 people coming in on any of 8-9 weekends in the fall. Planes haul more than people also, so they’d have to pull a plane off an existing route for at most maybe 25k in revenue that is in reality just redirecting passengers and lowering yield on the Omaha flights. And how do you plan it? One from LA and one from Atlanta? A flight has to leave LA at like 6 am to land in Lincoln by noon, not to mention the smallest regional planes aren’t designed to fly 2,000 mile routes so you likely need a 70+ seat plane.

No airline would do such a thing, maybe a charter, but they would make more $ by doing normal flights.

Could you grab me some Runzas and a few orders of Frings and a cola on your way out the door? THX in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT