ADVERTISEMENT

Start to the season

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Overall it's been a great start to the season for sure.

I felt like we gave two away in Arlington and stole some back in Carolina, so it's probably even there.

Still some "if's" on the team, but for pitching I like the Sears / Christo combo. Sunday is still a bit of a question mark for me. The arms out of the pen have been quite nice, even some young guys.

Batting I like the top half and that's all WITHOUT guys who we know can hit in Swanny/Carey/Anglim really getting it going (and Overbeek injured). If they do this lineup is going to be a PROBLEM and I love guys like Brumbaugh and Silva setting the table and getting it going.

I like the makeup of this team. Pitching still a small concern, but the potential is there.

LFG BIG RED!!!

I'm ecstatic about the first 10 games. There are 14 games before conference play starts and 11 of them are at home. How close to 20 wins can they get in that stretch? I say 18.

Reactions: sklarbodds
I would like to apologize for my previous posts doubting Rob Childress. I was very hesitant on his hiring but am willing to admit I was completely wrong in my assessment. MLB considers a quality start for a pitcher to be 6 innings with 3 or fewer earned runs. I feel in college, 5 innings of 3 or fewer earned runs should be a quality start. Nebraska has 6 through its first 10 games. Feel that coaching is directly correlated. I had a very shaky feeling going into the season but hope to enjoy this ride for the next few months. Kudos to Will Bolt and company. Team is ready to compete everyday which is all this Husker fan can ask for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT