ADVERTISEMENT

Need to get the K’s under control

TheHuskeRed

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2006
I know it’s early but 87 strikeouts in 8 games isn’t going to get it done. Love the competitiveness of this team and hope we get things worked out as we move forward into conference play. Went to Arizona and sat next to our dugout to listen to the players reactions and chatter during that VERY competitive series and this group of guys have a tremendous edge to them. Love their fight and confidence. Pitching overall looks like they have a better mindset and approach to attack the zone. Don’t look now but Nebraska is in the top 10 in RPI!

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I know it’s early but 87 strikeouts in 8 games isn’t going to get it done. Love the competitiveness of this team and hope we get things worked out as we move forward into conference play. Went to Arizona and sat next to our dugout to listen to the players reactions and chatter during that VERY competitive series and this group of guys have a tremendous edge to them. Love their fight and confidence. Pitching overall looks like they have a better mindset and approach to attack the zone. Don’t look now but Nebraska is in the top 10 in RPI!
No question the strikeouts are concerned up to this point. I could probably brush it off if it weren't a trend under bolt.

Personally I actually don't care that much about strikes, but I do care about bad at bats where we are not dictating, which I feel like we've seen too much of. But that usually leads to strikeouts.

Unless we're scoring 10 plus runs a game, then I don't care at all :)

If they strikeout just make him pitch full counts. Not all strikeouts are equal. However, we’ve been winning still so easier to get better while still winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT