ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Changes?

Apathy has fully set in. Typically the worst offense in a century would have had the fans calling for every one of the coach's heads on that side of the ball. Now it seems people could hardly care if changes are made or not. If next season is anything like this one, I'm about done following this loser program.
Definitely if it causes too much trauma.

Heinrich took a lot of unnecessary sacks. Purdy did a better job of just ditching the ball Friday if he couldn’t find someone. Purdy made 1 bad decision and 1 bad throw. Other than that the guy did about as much as we could have hoped for.
Haarberg you meant, Henrich is a LB LOL

I know this may not be a popular view, but coaches generally don’t get fired after season 1 of a coaching change unless they are caught driving drunk, or other activities not FB related.
For those bitching about the Oline, yes that bunch is a bit limited, but the play was much cleaner.

I know this may not be a popular view, but coaches generally don’t get fired after season 1 of a coaching change unless they are caught driving drunk, or other activities not FB related.
For those bitching about the Oline, yes that bunch is a bit limited, but the play was much cleaner.
Agreed, that's why I said they would be next year. It's unfortunate bc it's already painfully obvious the OC is in way over his head.

Apathy has fully set in. Typically the worst offense in a century would have had the fans calling for every one of the coach's heads on that side of the ball. Now it seems people could hardly care if changes are made or not. If next season is anything like this one, I'm about done following this loser program.
the people cannot get enough

This.

I don’t think we change much, maybe Martin is moved fromTE coach?

If we make a move and get a QB or two in the portal, I’ll have more confidence that Rhule sees what we see. It will be wild come Dec 4th, that’s for sure
What’s December 4th?

Plus OL actually went from bumbling at the start of last year to G5 levels. Basically, they are now average. Which is a step up. The problem is that QBs were holding onto the ball to long and sometimes the WRs could not get free.
But they were also wide open at times and qbs didn't go through progression. Sometimes because running for their life and other times because they lost faith imo

Reactions: Truewooper
We easily have the worst Offensive Coaching staff in the power 5. I expect Coach Rhule to double down and make no changes in an attempt to justify his hires. We will fail miserably again.
Didn’t you get the memo Nebraska lead the country in turnovers with 31..

Reactions: dinglefritz
No. We had the worst QB play for most of the season. Not the worst staff.
No - we had the worst staff and I’m sorry you are blind to it. The OC brought in that garbage QB. The OC is the QB coach and he developed none of them. The WR coach hasn’t proven anything anywhere ever. Everyone wanted the OL coach gone last year and it’s pretty obvious why he was retained. Our RB coach did what exactly? Where has Satterfield been successful ever? He’s always been below average.

Plus OL actually went from bumbling at the start of last year to G5 levels. Basically, they are now average. Which is a step up. The problem is that QBs were holding onto the ball to long and sometimes the WRs could not get free.

23 year old receiver coach/intern needs to go
Tight end coach/analyst needs to go also.

But they were also wide open at times and qbs didn't go through progression. Sometimes because running for their life and other times because they lost faith imo
True it was not just the qbs. The OL being average is frustrating for us no doubt. Improvement needs to be all around.

No. We had the worst QB play for most of the season. Not the worst staff.
It's a little more complicated than that. I think QB play did not help, and staff did not do them any favors. Injuries did not help either. I think sat will be okay when he has people who understand his stuff. But a clay maker he is not.

That’s the likely scenario if there are changes. Raiola isn’t the problem. Poor evaluation and development of O line recruits by Frost and Austin are the root of some of our problems. At least we’re seeing guys get better. I won’t be surprised to see true and Redshirt freshmen getting playing time on our O line next fall.

Mostly Frost...Austin got pi$$ed several times while here by Frost overruling on personnel and schollie offers

Reactions: Truewooper
No - we had the worst staff and I’m sorry you are blind to it. The OC brought in that garbage QB. The OC is the QB coach and he developed none of them. The WR coach hasn’t proven anything anywhere ever. Everyone wanted the OL coach gone last year and it’s pretty obvious why he was retained. Our RB coach did what exactly? Where has Satterfield been successful ever? He’s always been below average.
Your opinion.

Awesome. Have you seen Satterfield’s turnover stats the last 3 years as OC ? It’s not the players - it’s him. His teams have always turned the ball over at an alarming rate. But he’s going to get a great QB somehow and then turn it all around! You’re delusional.
I’ve seen the numbers. I’ve also seen the players and the stupid sh## they’ve done in committing those turnovers. It’s not the offense. It’s not the coach. It’s dumbasses not protecting the ball.

Reactions: Husker Todd
Agreed receivers got better. Think about it. Before this staff Jallen Lloyd wasn't even on the radar. He took some of these freshmen that are not even supposed to see the field and got them to compete against good defenses.
They made plenty of mistakes that Mickey would have destroyed them over. Some of those weak routes cost us and made Haarberg and Purdy both look bad at times. That’s not unexpected from true freshmen.

The offense regressed from the first half to the second half of the season. The special teams play was inept all season. I have four questions.

1) Did anyone look at or ask about Satterfields involvement in the sign stealing scandal last year? Important because the SC offense was just as inept through the first eight games as Nebraska’s and he was hired partly because of the results of the Tennessee and Clemson games.

2) Who actually coaches the kick coverage/field goal defense? If it is White bump him up to two million a year. There is no way our return teams and kickers can be so unprepared while the same coach does an impeccable job on punt coverage and block field goals.

3) How long does it take an effective SC program to show results? Our players appeared to be in shape all season, but no player at any position seem to dominate an opponent.

4) You play like you practice, is there actually someone who can say our practices didn’t show the same problems with turn overs as we experienced on the field? It was my understanding from Rhule that this wasn’t an issue at practice!

I’ve seen the numbers. I’ve also seen the players and the stupid sh## they’ve done in committing those turnovers. It’s not the offense. It’s not the coach. It’s dumbasses not protecting the ball.
Yea - the players Satterfield and his staff have been coaching their concepts to for a year now. What a Great job of teaching guys. So with another year of his great teaching we will be improved right? South Carolina dramatically improved their turnovers after Sat left and Nebraska got worse. Must just be a coincidence. Three years in a row Sat has finished in the 100’s in turnovers, but it’s not him. Unreal.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Awesome. Have you seen Satterfield’s turnover stats the last 3 years as OC ? It’s not the players - it’s him. His teams have always turned the ball over at an alarming rate. But he’s going to get a great QB somehow and then turn it all around! You’re delusional.

I looked at the NCAA stats for the last 3 years, I didn’t see Satterfield’s name anywhere. It’s almost like he never threw a pass or carried the ball for a single play in those three years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT