ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Changes?

It’s not going to happen. Raiola has recruited the best O line recruits we’ve had in a while. THAT is what we need to do at other spots on offense as well.

Plus OL actually went from bumbling at the start of last year to G5 levels. Basically, they are now average. Which is a step up. The problem is that QBs were holding onto the ball to long and sometimes the WRs could not get free.

I expect staff changes

But then again I expect wins

Both are probably asking too much with our career sub-.500 coach and our empty suit former espn employee AD at the helm
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Look at the QB GOATS .. Brady, Rodgers, Manning.. none of these had top tier lines. Wr’s were made great! If a QB can’t get through progressions/read coverages and get rid of ball in 3 seconds or less, while making every throw..then it’s dooms day!

Reactions: Truewooper
Nobody getting canned, I believe Satterfield will go to OC/ TE and we will hire a QB coach. And Josh Martin will go back to ass TE/ ST.
That’s the likely scenario if there are changes. Raiola isn’t the problem. Poor evaluation and development of O line recruits by Frost and Austin are the root of some of our problems. At least we’re seeing guys get better. I won’t be surprised to see true and Redshirt freshmen getting playing time on our O line next fall.

Nobody getting canned, I believe Satterfield will go to OC/ TE and we will hire a QB coach. And Josh Martin will go back to ass TE/ ST.

That’s the likely scenario if there are changes. Raiola isn’t the problem. Poor evaluation and development of O line recruits by Frost and Austin are the root of some of our problems. At least we’re seeing guys get better. I won’t be surprised to see true and Redshirt freshmen getting playing time on our O line next fall.
Had not thought about that. And they could say that they were stable. Satt coached TEs at Baylor with Rhule. This would make sense. Wonder who would be available for QB coach.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I forget who tracks it but a lot of the sacks had been credited to the QB not the OL. I think it was PFF.
Heinrich took a lot of unnecessary sacks. Purdy did a better job of just ditching the ball Friday if he couldn’t find someone. Purdy made 1 bad decision and 1 bad throw. Other than that the guy did about as much as we could have hoped for.

Had not thought about that. And they could say that they were stable. Satt coached TEs at Baylor with Rhule. This would make sense. Wonder who would be available for QB coach.
Jake Peetz was going to be the QB coach last year . But he decided to stay with the Rams . Hopefully Rhule goes back to original plan of having a QB only coach

How many times was Purdy hit or sacked the last 2 weeks? It seems to me the OL looked improved as the year went on. But maybe it was due to the level of the opposition that it looked like it.
Purdy knew when to escape out of the pocket more often or he just like rolling out, but it seemed he felt the pressure better was more of the reason why he wasn’t sacked as much as HH or Sims..

Reactions: blackshirts
Raiola is just as bad as Austin.

Average QB play with a legit pass threat would have helped our offense tremendously. Good QB elevates the whole unit.
Yes. Even average quarterback play wins us three more games with how well our defense played.

I do blame the coaches for bringing in Sims. That and they thought they could work with the scrubs we already had.

Heinrich took a lot of unnecessary sacks. Purdy did a better job of just ditching the ball Friday if he couldn’t find someone. Purdy made 1 bad decision and 1 bad throw. Other than that the guy did about as much as we could have hoped for.
True if our WRs were a year older I wonder if we would have had a little more of a passing threat to open up the running.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Of course everyone complains about the OC, but do we truly expect any staff changes this offseason?
Apathy has fully set in. Typically the worst offense in a century would have had the fans calling for every one of the coach's heads on that side of the ball. Now it seems people could hardly care if changes are made or not. If next season is anything like this one, I'm about done following this loser program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT