ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Changes?

When an injury forced Raiola to replace Corcoran, yeah, it did. Our coaches got bailed out in their decision making by injuries all year, or we would have had an even worse record.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Meh. Mickey's wideouts had plenty of drops last year and the guy Mickey didn't even offer, Lloyd, outperformed the 2 guys Mickey did. I saw improvement out of the wideouts and that's really all you can ask for out true freshman thrown into a dysfunctional offense.
Now there is a solid stat - "plenty of drops". We also threw the ball more last year - 2022 passing 134/261 attempts, 2023 passing 205/340 attempts. Our freshmen receivers had no choice but to learn on the fly, they were it.

Seems to be a lot of unemployed OL geniuses on here. A few of you may have even played football when you were 12.
could probably literally say that about any job though. At the end of the day, gotta keep the people happy or it’s bad business

Your opinion.
Most of these idiots do not understand football at all. Our line did a pretty good job for the mash unit running backs considering two of top guys were lost for the season early on. Defenses were regularly crowding the box because they do not respect our shitty quarterbacks. That puts a lot of pressure on an offense and as we can see, they did not score very much. Our defense kept us in every game with exception to Michigan and Colorado. An offensive line cannot max protect for as long as it takes to find an open receiver. It could quarterback will get the ball out quickly. I don’t even expect him to go through projections very much. He should have two guys that will be open on any given play that he can deliver it to accurately. You can scheme those guys open in college.

Yea - the players Satterfield and his staff have been coaching their concepts to for a year now. What a Great job of teaching guys. So with another year of his great teaching we will be improved right? South Carolina dramatically improved their turnovers after Sat left and Nebraska got worse. Must just be a coincidence. Three years in a row Sat has finished in the 100’s in turnovers, but it’s not him. Unreal.
None of us would think it’s necessary, but maybe husker quarterbacks need to spend time in practice running with the ball and not fumbling it during a noncontact drill. Fundamentals!

If I could get in Matt Rhules brain, I can guarantee he spent a lot of time thinking ‘ I don’t have a quarterback worth a shit. Stop making so many stupid plays! WTH is wrong with you?’

He wanted to rip HH a new one, but he also didn’t want to destroy his confidence because he needed him. Sims had established by then that he was a complete disaster

Most of these idiots do not understand football at all. Our line did a pretty good job for the mash unit running backs considering two of top guys were lost for the season early on. Defenses were regularly crowding the box because they do not respect our shitty quarterbacks. That puts a lot of pressure on an offense and as we can see, they did not score very much. Our defense kept us in every game with exception to Michigan and Colorado. An offensive line cannot max protect for as long as it takes to find an open receiver. It could quarterback will get the ball out quickly. I don’t even expect him to go through projections very much. He should have two guys that will be open on any given play that he can deliver it to accurately. You can scheme those guys open in college.
A few things about our Mash unit. We don’t know how much of that turn around could have been Rhule helping and maybe not so much Donovan. The good news is Rhule knows the answer and if it’s cause of Don, then I don’t think you can fire him. his recurring is solid and if he’s showing signs on the field, then yeah you wouldn’t fire him. The only reason you would fire him, is if that was Matt’s help that helped.

I honestly think a lot of our bad line play was mental. Guys just not performing in games. We’ve seen the line improve a few times when Corcoran has went down during his career at Nebraska. I think some of our dudes just struggle with the pressure of the game. And coaches not seeing the same player in practice so that’s why they are starting

Now there is a solid stat - "plenty of drops". We also threw the ball more last year - 2022 passing 134/261 attempts, 2023 passing 205/340 attempts. Our freshmen receivers had no choice but to learn on the fly, they were it.
Palmer and Washington had drops. Quite a few. Just pointing out that Mickey wasn't some miracle worker, even with experienced receivers. I'm definitely not re-watching that season to count them. Once was enough.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Palmer and Washington had drops. Quite a few. Just pointing out that Mickey wasn't some miracle worker, even with experienced receivers. I'm definitely not re-watching that season to count them. Once was enough.
True, but I do think Casey Thompson would have loved throwing to Lloyd and Coleman had things turned out that way.

Yea - the players Satterfield and his staff have been coaching their concepts to for a year now. What a Great job of teaching guys. So with another year of his great teaching we will be improved right? South Carolina dramatically improved their turnovers after Sat left and Nebraska got worse. Must just be a coincidence. Three years in a row Sat has finished in the 100’s in turnovers, but it’s not him. Unreal.
Spencer being a 5th year player also may have helped his development. He had 4 less ints than last year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I feel Rhule will eventually get the job done. But if his biggest downfall is not firing underperfoming assistants then he will be gone adter year 4. Not sure why coaches have egos so big they will risk their job over an assistant.
I think Rhule will fire underperforming coaches, but not after one year. If next year is more of the same, I look for the ax to drop on some of these coaches. Just my opinion.

I think Rhule will fire underperforming coaches, but not after one year. If next year is more of the same, I look for the ax to drop on some of these coaches. Just my opinion.
I don’t think he would hesitate after one year if he thought it had to be done. Satt is the convenient scape goat but the circumstances he was dealt with the QB ituation and injuries were tough.

Reactions: wahoo_warriors
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT