ADVERTISEMENT

Single Digit Questions

Do I think Rhule's single digit concept will pay dividends? Absolutely, all I had to do was watch that Baylor v. Georgia game I referenced in about year 3 or so of the Rhule regime at Baylor. At that point, single digit guys appeared to be the top players and producers on the field. The two can work hand in hand as Rhule brings in more and more talented players that fit his idea of future leader types.
we agree!

Easy123 - you also know that post #16 was sincerely meant as a compliment to you and your kiddos.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
8 wins is the floor for my prediction.
IMO, our record depends on a couple of variables.

First, NU has to come from behind late in the game and win against a good opponent.

NU has to be able to maintain a small lead in the 4th quarter against a real good opponent on the road.

NU has to prove they are able to play complete game(s) and not beat themselves.

NU has to learn how to win.

There are others.

But do you really think TO, Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Urban Meyers, etc actually give a fvck what personality types are leading their teams to championships? Do you, or did you, think they cared if they had some gangster types getting it done where it mattered?
aaron hernandez news GIF
Urban did not

IMO, our record depends on a couple of variables.

First, NU has to come from behind late in the game and win against a good opponent.

NU has to be able to maintain a small lead in the 4th quarter against a real good opponent on the road.

NU has to prove they are able to play complete game(s) and not beat themselves.

NU has to learn how to win.

There are others.
In the others category I would add not giving the ball to the other team 4-5 times a game.

nothing wrong with taking in a Lawrence Phillips and trying to do well for him. Or Aaron Hernandez. If the kid can play ball that’s all that matters. Coaches are paid for results on the scoreboard.
I think coach Osborne actually began a process that lead to the great heights this program finally achieved.

Back in the day, NU took very few juco transfers. When NU did take them, Bruce Pickens, Brian Davis, etal, those guys were immediate starters and big producers on the field. They generally became 1st round draft picks. But, NU did so sparingly.

I think TO adopted the same philosophy when we started to bring in the Christian Peters, Abdul Mohammed, LP types. Yes, we can take 1 or two real STUDS but we can't take too many to bring too much potential negative press upon us.

Before you know it, that 1 or 2 turned into 5 or 6, next thing you know, NU is OU, FSU and Miami.
And the results showed just that.

c30, i totally agree on your take with Lawrence Phillips. Tom always admitted that he wanted to give LP a chance because of his lousy upbringing.
I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a kid a chance, its even better when he is a superstar like LP.

I'm glad we had him, cause I sure didn't wanna face that dude if he were dotting the "I" at OU, FSU, Miami, or Florida.

What a stud, what a sad story and ending. He could not exorcise those inner demons.

I think coach Osborne actually began a process that lead to the great heights this program finally achieved.

Back in the day, NU took very few juco transfers. When NU did take them, Bruce Pickens, Brian Davis, etal, those guys were immediate starters and big producers on the field. They generally became 1st round draft picks. But, NU did so sparingly.

I think TO adopted the same philosophy when we started to bring in the Christian Peters, Abdul Mohammed, LP types. Yes, we can take 1 or two real STUDS but we can't take too many to bring too much potential negative press upon us.

Before you know it, that 1 or 2 turned into 5 or 6, next thing you know, NU is OU, FSU and Miami.
And the results showed just that.

c30, i totally agree on your take with Lawrence Phillips. Tom always admitted that he wanted to give LP a chance because of his lousy upbringing.
I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a kid a chance, its even better when he is a superstar like LP.

I'm glad we had him, cause I sure didn't wanna face that dude if he were dotting the "I" at OU, FSU, Miami, or Florida.

What a stud, what a sad story and ending. He could not exorcise those inner demons.
Not many know this but LP was reported to be a good student so I don't know if 'thug' applied.
What he was not was emotionally stable. If he felt aggressive he couldn't let it go by.
He actually slept in the bushes as a teen.

Rhule feels the single digit thing worked well at his previous schools so I'm good with it. I actually like it, and I've been a big bitch & moaner about introducing new traditions before a coach actually achieved anything here like pounding the rock pregame or serenading the student section post game.

1. We doing it again? I assume yes

2. Do those who earned them last year automatically retain them? Or do they need to be earned again?

3. When are they announced? Fall camp?
I'm relieved. By the thread title I thought this was going to be a thread about people who have been digitally penetrated by a single digit, like during a proctology exam.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT