ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri coach

This will be pushed over and over by writers and radio show hosts.

They know what they are doing and I am guessing the like Rhule, he is open and talks a lot and answers questions, he is good for their business.
I also like this about Rhule.

What he said about the money made an instant impact. I loved it and it’s about time somebody gave our AD and NIL folks a shot in the ass.

2024 has to be better than the 2022 season. The defense needs to force more turnovers for sure. The QB’s and other skill positions must protect the ball. Need an even or plus turnover margin in 2024. Think the spring workouts will have that as a focus and get better.
He said that was going to be a focus heading into 2023 and after all spring and fall he took a team ranked 83rd in the nation in giveaways per game in 2022 and coached them to a 133rd (dead last) ranking in 2023

You're queer dude!!
anigif_enhanced-1068-1426173568-13.gif

Do you not understand coach-speak?

Seriously.

What do you want them to do? Say “we should be a 9 win team” so everyone (including the team) can start saying “which games does coach think we will lose?”

You speak in terms of “progress” and “work ethic” and “physicality”. Then you benchmark metrics against them

In our case we progressed. We got more physical.

We did every single thing that Coach Rhule said we would do.

And you’re mad because he didn’t give pre season specifics. Good lord.
he's a troll

You make my point perfectly. Real fans should be irate if we only manage to win 6 or 7 games next year. Instead we have “fans” the likes of you where 6 or 7 wins will satiate their appetite
Same ass hat fans constantly calling for TO to be fired for not winning it all?

I don’t know fans here are pretty critical of Ryan Day despite his record being far superior to Osborne’s 1st 5 years even when you consider Day wasn’t handed a program that was back to back undefeated national champions like TO was gifted

Can’t imagine Day would have a job if he lost 3 games in 2 of his 1st 5 seasons

Last edited:
To allieve any doubts. I am a life long Husker.
In fact I was an intern to Dick Janda back in the day and helped him with Bob Devaney’s show.

True story, at break Bob handed me the bag of Tacos Switzer gave him on the show before the 1980 game.

not holding on to those tacos is one of the greatest regrets of my life. But alas I was young, poor and hungry. I ate those tacos with some fava beans and a Nice Chianti
I actually believe that you believe that.

I don’t know fans here are pretty critical of Ryan Day despite his record being far superior to Osborne’s 1st 5 years even when you consider Day wasn’t handed a program that was back to back undefeated national champions like TO was gifted

Can’t imagine Day would have a job if he lost 3 games in 3 of his 1st 5 seasons
You‘re dumber than a box of rocks.. Tom was one of the reasons why Devaney won back to back national titles…

Bob even mentioned that himself…

GET LOST!

Any coach that inherits a back to back undefeated national championship program at a blue blood program and has TOs record the first 5 - 10 years is going to be highly criticized. TO didn’t even have a one loss season until year 9 or 10

You think if who ever takes over for Saban and proceeds to have 2-2-3-2-3-3-3 loss seasons isn’t going to be under fire?

Any coach that inherits a back to back undefeated national championship program at a blue blood program and has TOs record the first 5 - 10 years is going to be highly criticized. TO didn’t even have a one loss season until year 9 or 10

You think if who ever takes over for Saban and proceeds to have 2-2-3-2-3-3-3 loss seasons isn’t going to be under fire?
Minor correction. The Huskers won national titles in 1970 and 1971, so TO didn't inherit a team that had won back-to-back national championships. Osborne didn't start head coaching until 1973, and defeated five ranked teams that year. In fact, that 1973 team was the first since 1968 to have none of the cornerstones of those national titles on the team. No Rodgers, no Glover, no Tagge, no Kinney, no Willie Harper, no Larry Jacobson.

Last edited:
To allieve any doubts. I am a life long Husker.
In fact I was an intern to Dick Janda back in the day and helped him with Bob Devaney’s show.

True story, at break Bob handed me the bag of Tacos Switzer gave him on the show before the 1980 game.

not holding on to those tacos is one of the greatest regrets of my life. But alas I was young, poor and hungry. I ate those tacos with some fava beans and a Nice Chianti
Just because you were Devaney’s fluffer for a few episodes doesn’t change your troll-like attitude with different names.

Wrong. I don't know anyone that won't be pissed if we don't win at least 6 or 7 games next year. Experienced lines and a good defense. #1 qb recruit and the best returning qb. The wins are there for the taking.
Satisfied with 6 or 7 wins... We've become Iowa.

He said that was going to be a focus heading into 2023 and after all spring and fall he took a team ranked 83rd in the nation in giveaways per game in 2022 and coached them to a 133rd (dead last) ranking in 2023
Understood, thanks. Don’t always see it the first year. Some whiffs for sure.

But then almost every team says that each year. Some TO’s were terrible and some were huh type plays. Again must see improvement next year for sure.

No those are the same asshat fans who exclaim progress when linear progress isn't even possible with a constantly rotating group of college athletes.

Can’t imagine Day would have a job if he lost 3 games in 2 of his 1st 5 seasons
Exactly, it's the reactionary mindset in full display.

Devaneys flufferis a great handle. Hopefully someone picks that up.
This is the same loser with absolutely no life.
1995skersbestteamever
Carlpuhlini
Moderator guy
Bigtimebooster
Censoredagain
Newbie Again
Football fans
Redzonetickets
DepressedHusker2
Williamwallacegibson
Recruitinganalyst_worldwide
Optionfootball69
Meltuckerscellphone
Meltuckercellphone
Mattrhuletongue
Danjameson
Waynehoward

All these were the same dude who must have been just bored with life.

No those are the same asshat fans who exclaim progress when linear progress isn't even possible with a constantly rotating group of college athletes.
This is not true. It’s why culture is important in college athletics as it helps sustain gains made.

Reactions: headcard
I’ve asked him a couple of times if he would tell us who he really is, and been completely ghosted. Didn’t even attempt to say he was a husker fan for as long as he can remember, went to memorial stadium in the 80s, yada yada yada…

So yeah, I have my doubts…
Why do you care who they are? Isn't that what the ignore button is for?

This is not true. It’s why culture is important in college athletics as it helps sustain gains made.
The same group who wants linear progress are the same group who wants TO fired or Ryan Day or wasn't satisfied with Pelini's record. It's a dangerous, reactionary mindset.

Progress?

Iowa has never won shit. Ever.

Not this year, not last year. Not in years with easy schedules. Or difficult ones.

Nothing in the 400 years Ferentz has coached there.

Nothing during the generation before that.

Or the generation before that.

Nothing. All time.
The have sustained mediocrity. They think that is excellence.

Reactions: headcard
To allieve any doubts. I am a life long douchebag.

Well...you've convinced me.

I feel bad for you because you can't seem to help whatever you've got

you used to be so much more fun back before your chemical castration (lobotomy?)

do you suggest I seek the same form of intervention you chose?

Drugs help

I just think you dislike me because I remember how you were pre- and mid-pandemic. you've changed since, and become infinitely more boring.

I think it has a lot to do with your dreams of New Zealand and a better life being dashed. you're a cog in the machine you fought so hard against, you're stuck in Kansas, and you've succumbed to the very reality you never, ever saw yourself taking part in.

probably even drink coffee nowadays.

Also a big difference between accepting 7 wins in the second year of a rebuild and accepting it forever.
don't forget the true frosh QB and very young WRs

I think 4 or 5 wins in year 2 of this rebuild would be okay in most posters' eyes

Reactions: oldjar07
don't forget the true frosh QB and very young WRs

I think 4 or 5 wins in year 2 of this rebuild would be okay in most posters' eyes
I gotta disagree. It will be accepted because what can we do? But it won’t be ok in most poster’s eyes, unless Raiola goes down and we don’t have a capable backup. People will be complaining about the product on the field and be calling for the heads of assistant coaches. That’s happening now, to an extent, but if we win 4 or 5 next year, it will be loud. In my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT