ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri coach

It’s year 2

All we’ve been hearing about since day 1 is “year 3”. “Patience.”

And now that we have DR that timeline can easily and very justifiably be delayed a year. It’s universally agreed upon that we have very little talent, and what talent we do have is young (or not even on campus).

Are you saying you’ll have your pitchfork out if we finish next year with 5 wins?

Because I don’t believe that for a single millisecond.

It’s not a troll post. It’s the truth.
We're close.

• Haha
Reactions: ATX Husker
Eh, they may be a little pissed, but no more pissed than they were this year. It goes from mildly pissed to excuse making and "wait until next year" pretty quick with a lot of our fanbase. It's crystal clear that's the formula. Not sure why you think next year would be any different.

Just look at this year. We had zero valid reasons for not getting to 6 wins. One of the weakest schedules in college football. Enough talent to win several close games. Yet we didn't. But here we are, with most of the fanbase making excuses, praising Rhule for how great he's going to be and talking about how good we'll be next year.

Not a knock on Rhule or the team, but if you don't think the excuse making and "wait until next year" mantra will crank up again with 4-5 wins, when we've put all our quarterback eggs in freshmen's baskets, and our schedule goes from 9-10 winnable games to more like 7-8...well, I don't know what to tell you.

And for the record, I may be one of them. I don't have big aspirations for having a much better record next year than this year. With a tougher schedule and a lot of really young talent at key positions, it's probable. But, I may be okay with it assuming we're seeing improvement and things are headed in the right direction, which I think will happen, regardless of our record.
The single biggest excuse we had this year was no QB. In theory, we went from worst QB room in the nation to one of the best QB rooms in the nation. That’s gotta account for some wins even if there are growing pains.

Of course people will say wait til next year, because what alternative do we have? We don’t hire and fire. But Most people won’t be “good” with just 4 or 5 wins. Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: RedMyMind
In theory, we went from worst QB room in the nation to one of the best QB rooms in the nation.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

MR will get a third year no matter what. But 4 or 5 wins in 2024 and people will be pissed.

If you want to say the AD’s office is fine with it, probably true… they’re playing the long game. But fans won’t be too happy in my opinion.
He will also get a 4th year no matter what

The single biggest excuse we had this year was no QB. In theory, we went from worst QB room in the nation to one of the best QB rooms in the nation. That’s gotta account for some wins even if there are growing pains.

Of course people will say wait til next year, because what alternative do we have? We don’t hire and fire. But Most people won’t be “good” with just 4 or 5 wins. Again, just my opinion.
2 guys who have never thrown a collegiate pass and Haarberg = one of the best QB rooms in the nation???
What an idiotic delusional post

How about this? Name one university that improved the QB room more?

Not even sure why I’m replying to redmichelle…
1. You have no idea if our QB room is improved or not - your basing that on 2 true freshman QBs who have never even participated in a college practice

2. You said one of the BEST QB rooms in the nation which is far far different from IMPROVED.
By your imbecilic reasoning Deion Sanders is the best power 5 coach in the nation because his team improved 400% in his first year.

I’m not buying the best QB room in the nation. Not even close. Look at what USC, Bama or Texas will have. Georgia as well. Raiola may end up being great but he’s still a true freshman and is going to get blitzed, baited and confused by DCs. I expect us to have another rocky year with the QBs we have in the room.

Reactions: Landomatic
1. You have no idea if our QB room is improved or not - your basing that on 2 true freshman QBs who have never even participated in a college practice

2. You said one of the BEST QB rooms in the nation which is far far different from IMPROVED.
By your imbecilic reasoning Deion Sanders is the best power 5 coach in the nation because his team improved 400% in his first year.
Do you understand when I said “How about this?” I was amending my stance? I didn’t double down, I changed it from best to most improved based on potential. We were that bad last year at QB. We are better off by far at QB next year, even with growing pains.

I think the biggest initial problem is that fans are going to be expecting too much too soon of Raiola. Remember, he's going to be a true freshmen playing his first college games. He may be an accurate passer with a great arm but give him some time to learn how to read and react to B1G college defenses.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Do you understand when I said “How about this?” I was amending my stance? I didn’t double down, I changed it from best to most improved based on potential. We were that bad last year at QB. We are better off by far at QB next year, even with growing pains.
We just need to pump the brakes on expectations. I think people need to go back and watch the Kienholz kid’s play for Ohio St in the second half of their bowl game to get a better idea of what our expectations SHOULD be next fall.

Reactions: Landomatic
We just need to pump the brakes on expectations. I think people need to go back and watch the Kienholz kid’s play for Ohio St in the second half of their bowl game to get a better idea of what our expectations SHOULD be next fall.
While there’s no doubt the expectations will be high (too high, likely) comparing the Kienholz kid in a bowl game against a top 10 opponent without Harrison and Fleming catching passes is gonna look a lot different than what Raiola will see the first half of the season.

MR will get a third year no matter what. But 4 or 5 wins in 2024 and people will be pissed.

If you want to say the AD’s office is fine with it, probably true… they’re playing the long game. But fans won’t be too happy in my opinion.
Fans are going to complain no matter what. But when a coach has his breakthrough year like Drinkowitz did this year, you start looking ahead and you look foolish if preoccupied by the years leading up to that instead. Great season and a bowl win. Enjoy that. Plenty of people would be happy to trade places.

DR > Kienholz, I think he will be way better than the three stooges we had this year.

Eh, they may be a little pissed, but no more pissed than they were this year. It goes from mildly pissed to excuse making and "wait until next year" pretty quick with a lot of our fanbase. It's crystal clear that's the formula. Not sure why you think next year would be any different.

Just look at this year. We had zero valid reasons for not getting to 6 wins. One of the weakest schedules in college football. Enough talent to win several close games. Yet we didn't. But here we are, with most of the fanbase making excuses, praising Rhule for how great he's going to be and talking about how good we'll be next year.

Not a knock on Rhule or the team, but if you don't think the excuse making and "wait until next year" mantra will crank up again with 4-5 wins, when we've put all our quarterback eggs in freshmen's baskets, and our schedule goes from 9-10 winnable games to more like 7-8...well, I don't know what to tell you.

And for the record, I may be one of them. I don't have big aspirations for having a much better record next year than this year. With a tougher schedule and a lot of really young talent at key positions, it's probable. But, I may be okay with it assuming we're seeing improvement and things are headed in the right direction, which I think will happen, regardless of our record.
What you are saying has been repeated for several years now…. But yes tickets are all sold however scanned tickets on game day show the story is different, they have to start winning more games! Otherwise a remodeled Memorial Stadium will be plenty big wi 60,000 seats

I think the biggest initial problem is that fans are going to be expecting too much too soon of Raiola. Remember, he's going to be a true freshmen playing his first college games. He may be an accurate passer with a great arm but give him some time to learn how to read and react to B1G college defenses.
Will it be too much to expect him to be better at not fumbling? That alone will be a big improvement and make difference in all the close games we are sure to have again.

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT