ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri coach

I gotta disagree. It will be accepted because what can we do? But it won’t be ok in most poster’s eyes, unless Raiola goes down and we don’t have a capable backup. People will be complaining about the product on the field and be calling for the heads of assistant coaches. That’s happening now, to an extent, but if we win 4 or 5 next year, it will be loud. In my opinion.
that's fair

I will retort with:

"this is what you get when you hire me."
"we're doing things the hard way."

patience has been [insert word for "preached" because I don't want people to think I'm trolling]

I think 4 or 5 wins in year 3 will be a wtf moment for a majority of fans (not all).

in year 2, people will sweep a bad record under the rug so far as there is a thing or two they can point to as "tangible progress" and DR doesn't transfer.

To allieve any doubts. I am a life long Husker.
In fact I was an intern to Dick Janda back in the day and helped him with Bob Devaney’s show.

True story, at break Bob handed me the bag of Tacos Switzer gave him on the show before the 1980 game.

not holding on to those tacos is one of the greatest regrets of my life. But alas I was young, poor and hungry. I ate those tacos with some fava beans and a Nice Chianti
I remember when I told dr. tom to switch to the run in the 70's

don't forget the true frosh QB and very young WRs

I think 4 or 5 wins in year 2 of this rebuild would be okay in most posters' eyes
That would be very hard to stomach. Hopefully we get a transfer receiver and back to give DR some help, start off his career winning.

I remember when I told dr. tom to switch to the run in the 70's
You’re a good man
I remember instructing him to stop having our split out WRs line up in 3 pt stances it was embarrassing. He didn’t take too kindly to the advice. But I later received a nice hand written letter admitting that in retrospect it was really a stupid look

We still get into heated back and forths to this day when the subject of the option to the short side gets brought up

You’re a good man
I remember instructing him to stop having our split out WRs line up in 3 pt stances it was embarrassing. He didn’t take too kindly to the advice. But I later received a nice hand written letter admitting that in retrospect it was really a stupid look

We still get into heated back and forths to this day when the subject of the option to the short side gets brought up
Don't keep us all in suspense. What will be your next screenname after you get banned for a 10th time? NutJob4 life?

I remember when I told Dr. Tom that he needs to switch to a 4-3 defense. Coach Darlington saw it and approved
I remember when ucla beat us in the early 90's, I told everyone involved with the blackshirts, we were going to get more speed, cause they were all way too slow...for my liking..

FWIW, most people obviously emphasize only the offensive shortcomings - and rightfully so. But NU also needs to make the next step on the defensive side as well. As good as they were, and kept us in almost every game, they also had a few let downs in crunch time. Special teams seemed to mostly improve but also need to step it up next year. We are not at a point - yet - where we can overcome bad games in more than 1 phase. Need to be complementary.

FWIW, most people obviously emphasize only the offensive shortcomings - and rightfully so. But NU also needs to make the next step on the defensive side as well. As good as they were, and kept us in almost every game, they also had a few let downs in crunch time. Special teams seemed to mostly improve but also need to step it up next year. We are not at a point - yet - where we can overcome bad games in more than 1 phase. Need to be complementary.
That's why the LB from Idaho is at the top of my portal list.

Reactions: king_kong_
You’re a good man

And yet, you couldn’t manage to talk him out of retiring way too early. I blame you for all of this.

And yet, you couldn’t manage to talk him out of retiring way too early. I blame you for all of this.
Tried but never got a clear answer for the early retirement. Then one evening while we were chatting (we had a standing reservation for a private table at a local gentlemen’s club) he over-abided in that evenings libations and opened up.
Solich that prick-midget (his words not mine) blackmailed TO into retiring threatening to dig up all of the skeletons (figuratively speaking) and dead bodies (literal) if he didn’t hand over the reigns to Frank. TO had no choice given the gravity of the past transgressions
It turns out later while at Ohio - Frank became feisty and tried to extort TO for a large sum of money. TO having had enough reached out to his more unsavory connections - had Frank’s drink drugged and planted his passed out ass in his car facing the wrong direction on the street and called the cops. The message was clear - TO could get to Frank anytime, anywhere and Frank has kept his mouth shut ever since.
Frank is lucky TO didn’t take my advice as I thought TO should have had him killed. TO thought long and hard but indicated the past hits he has ordered are now weighing more and more on his conscious as he ages. I chided him for becoming soft with age. We both laughed and ordered another bottle.

Tried but never got a clear answer for the early retirement. Then one evening while we were chatting (we had a standing reservation for a private table at a local gentlemen’s club) he over-abided in that evenings libations and opened up.
Solich that prick-midget (his words not mine) blackmailed TO into retiring threatening to dig up all of the skeletons (figuratively speaking) and dead bodies (literal) if he didn’t hand over the reigns to Frank. TO had no choice given the gravity of the past transgressions
It turns out later while at Ohio - Frank became feisty and tried to extort TO for a large sum of money. TO having had enough reached out to his more unsavory connections - had Frank’s drink drugged and planted his passed out ass in his car facing the wrong direction on the street and called the cops. The message was clear - TO could get to Frank anytime, anywhere and Frank has kept his mouth shut ever since.
Frank is lucky TO didn’t take my advice as I thought TO should have had him killed. TO thought long and hard but indicated the past hits he has ordered are now weighing more and more on his conscious as he ages. I chided him for becoming soft with age. We both laughed and ordered another bottle.
You need help.

Where do all these white sheet wearing, sister fúcking Iowa trolls come from and why are they so obsessed with Nebraska, that they choose to spend time on our board?

Matthew Rhule said time and time again that the turnover issues needed to be fixed. Turnovers and turnover margin are one of the most important metrics when it comes to wins and losses

2022 season:
1.6 turnovers/game
-0.3 turnover margin/game

2023 - Matt Rhule takes over
2.6 turnovers/game
-1.3 turnover margin/game
So he benched Anthony grant. Then benched sims. Then benched Haarberg. Then brought back sims. Benched him immediately after a turnover. Then Purdy.

Grant was done when he found johnson.

Then he solved the QB problem by recruiting a QB that will start over everyone.

What more should he have done?

You truly are the biggest fVcking idiot this message board has ever seen, and there's been quite a few over the years. And you can't even tell a decent story/lie. Geezus.

Reactions: Husker Todd
I remember when Nebraska went to bowl games. Absolutely embarrassing we didn't go to one this year

Especially after seeing how bad Syracuse was. Minnesota actually looked good at 5-7. Maybe they should start letting 5-7 teams who want to improve themselves into the minor bowls instead of these 10-2 teams where everybody opts out.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Just stop.
That’s what I said to myself when I read that post. Good gosh the average scanned tickets at home games might drop below 60,000 if they are putting up 4 wins next year. Some people deny what is right before their eyes! That’s why the Iowa and Wisconsin fans mock us so much with people that always say well 2 years from now….

that's fair

I will retort with:

"this is what you get when you hire me."
"we're doing things the hard way."

patience has been [insert word for "preached" because I don't want people to think I'm trolling]

I think 4 or 5 wins in year 3 will be a wtf moment for a majority of fans (not all).

in year 2, people will sweep a bad record under the rug so far as there is a thing or two they can point to as "tangible progress" and DR doesn't transfer.
many fans are done sweeping crap under the rug. Wins need to happen. If not just tear down the south stadium and not rebuild it. Scanned ticket numbers from this season were shocking to see.

That’s what I said to myself when I read that post. Good gosh the average scanned tickets at home games might drop below 60,000 if they are putting up 4 wins next year. Some people deny what is right before their eyes! That’s why the Iowa and Wisconsin fans mock us so much with people that always say well 2 years from now….

If Io_a fans are mocking Nebraska it is because of their little brother syndrome. Insecure never have beens.

If Io_a fans are mocking Nebraska it is because of their little brother syndrome. Insecure never have beens.
I am beginning to see why they do mock us over always saying next year next year…..when people on here making posts about 4-5 wins in 2024 won’t bother most fans and 2025 should be better.

I am beginning to see why they do mock us over always saying next year next year…..when people on here making posts about 4-5 wins in 2024 won’t bother most fans and 2025 should be better.

No one is really saying that. Kong just says that to troll, because he doesn’t think anyone else cares about winning and we are all secretly just looking for excuses to justify losing, which he believes everyone else is OK with.

No one is really saying that. Kong just says that to troll, because he doesn’t think anyone else cares about winning and we are all secretly just looking for excuses to justify losing, which he believes everyone else is OK with.
Something wrong with him then.

Reactions: headcard
Agree with headcard here, a few posters have said it and the sky is falling. 4-5 wins next year will be a serious letdown and most fans will not be very forgiving.

Kong claims most will be fine, and another poster that doesn’t like me has taken up that cry as well. But I don’t see it. Not with the recruiting we have done at the QB position. I know they are just freshmen, but the expectations are high.

Reactions: RBigredMax
Agree with headcard here, a few posters have said it and the sky is falling. 4-5 wins next year will be a serious letdown and most fans will not be very forgiving.

Kong claims most will be fine, and another poster that doesn’t like me has taken up that cry as well. But I don’t see it. Not with the recruiting we have done at the QB position. I know they are just freshmen, but the expectations are high.
It will certainly be interesting to see how Rhule's philosophy of developing his own recruits rather than going after experienced portal guys plays out.

It’s year 2

All we’ve been hearing about since day 1 is “year 3”. “Patience.”

And now that we have DR that timeline can easily and very justifiably be delayed a year. It’s universally agreed upon that we have very little talent, and what talent we do have is young (or not even on campus).

Are you saying you’ll have your pitchfork out if we finish next year with 5 wins?

Because I don’t believe that for a single millisecond.

It’s not a troll post. It’s the truth.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
It’s year 2

All we’ve been hearing about since day 1 is “year 3”. “Patience.”

And now that we have DR that timeline can easily and very justifiably be delayed a year. It’s universally agreed upon that we have very little talent, and what talent we do have is young (or not even on campus).

Are you saying you’ll have your pitchfork out if we finish next year with 5 wins?

Because I don’t believe that for a single millisecond.

It’s not a troll post. It’s the truth.
MR will get a third year no matter what. But 4 or 5 wins in 2024 and people will be pissed.

If you want to say the AD’s office is fine with it, probably true… they’re playing the long game. But fans won’t be too happy in my opinion.

MR will get a third year no matter what. But 4 or 5 wins in 2024 and people will be pissed.

If you want to say the AD’s office is fine with it, probably true… they’re playing the long game. But fans won’t be too happy in my opinion.

Eh, they may be a little pissed, but no more pissed than they were this year. It goes from mildly pissed to excuse making and "wait until next year" pretty quick with a lot of our fanbase. It's crystal clear that's the formula. Not sure why you think next year would be any different.

Just look at this year. We had zero valid reasons for not getting to 6 wins. One of the weakest schedules in college football. Enough talent to win several close games. Yet we didn't. But here we are, with most of the fanbase making excuses, praising Rhule for how great he's going to be and talking about how good we'll be next year.

Not a knock on Rhule or the team, but if you don't think the excuse making and "wait until next year" mantra will crank up again with 4-5 wins, when we've put all our quarterback eggs in freshmen's baskets, and our schedule goes from 9-10 winnable games to more like 7-8...well, I don't know what to tell you.

And for the record, I may be one of them. I don't have big aspirations for having a much better record next year than this year. With a tougher schedule and a lot of really young talent at key positions, it's probable. But, I may be okay with it assuming we're seeing improvement and things are headed in the right direction, which I think will happen, regardless of our record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT