ADVERTISEMENT

Boltsball 2024

What is the tie breaker if both Nebraska and Illinois win?

Overall Record?
Win% over #3?
Win% against like opponents?

With a Purdue win they would tie Michigan and Clarkeyes for 4th..
Michigan has the tie breaker over Clarkeyes
Clarkeyes has the tie beaker over Purdue
Purdue has the tie breaker over Michigan..

And NU would spit the conference title with the Illini..

With a Purdue win they would tie Michigan and Clarkeyes for 4th..
Michigan has the tie breaker over Clarkeyes
Clarkeyes has the tie beaker over Purdue
Purdue has the tie breaker over Michigan..

And NU would spit the conference title with the Illini..
Who would get the 1 seed in the Tournament

Brockett finally settles down and gets some outs. Down 2-0 but looked like it might be worse.

Yikes, tried to pick a guy off of right field, apparently. Down 4-0 now

Yikes, tried to pick a guy off of right field, apparently. Down 4-0 now
If I’m scouting the Huskers, unless I have a Brecht-type righty on my staff, I’m rolling out lefties every chance I get. Meanwhile, Anglim and Swensen I’m sure are thrilled to watch this continued futility against bad southpaws from the bench.

Michigan States starting pitcher had an ERA close to 7, and right on cue the offense goes silent
It’s like our bats look at the opposing starter’s era and decide prior to game they don’t have to make good swings. Yesterday, they were facing a good pitcher and had great presence at the plate

Reactions: BrighteRed24
It’s like our bats look at the opposing starter’s era and decide prior to game they don’t have to make good swings. Yesterday, they were facing a good pitcher and had great presence at the plate

It’s been this way the entire year. Go look at the mid-week games and the Sunday Big Ten games we have lost. Sure Husker pitching was bad a lot of times, but our hitting against terrible pitchers is unbelievably bad.

At what point do you tell your hitters, keep the bat on your shoulders and MAKE this guy throw strikes

Reactions: scarletred
It’s been this way the entire year. Go look at the mid-week games and the Sunday Big Ten games we have lost. Sure Husker pitching was bad a lot of times, but our hitting against terrible pitchers is unbelievably bad.

At what point do you tell your hitters, keep the bat on your shoulders and MAKE this guy throw strikes
What is your thoughts on the reason, lack of focus? Thinking all they have to do is show up and we will roll these clowns? They haven’t learned any lessons from the whole season of such let downs….

Let’s see how this team does in a tournament setting. Excited to see how they do. Hope they win the thing just to keep the rest of this pedo league out of the ncaa tourney

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
What is your thoughts on the reason, lack of focus? Thinking all they have to do is show up and we will roll these clowns? They haven’t learned any lessons from the whole season of such let downs….

I would like to see us make the other teams pitcher beat us. 2 games I remember specifically where the other teams pitcher a) had a high ERA and b) was struggling to throw strikes were the Rutgers Sunday game and a mid-week game against Kansas. In both games, we bailed out the other teams pitchers imo by swinging the bat too much. Sometimes all you have to do is let the other teams pitcher blow it. Teams did that to us a lot last year

All things considered this was a good year, assuming we make a regional.

5 games where we held leads going into the 9th and blew it: Oklahoma, Rutgers, Creighton, South Dakota State, Indiana.

If we had a legit closer this year, we win all those games, would have finished 39-14, in the top 15 and we’d be a lock to host a regional. For all our flaws, we really were only 1 legit closer away from a great regular season. Let’s hope we make some noise in both tournaments. GBR!

All things considered this was a good year, assuming we make a regional.

5 games where we held leads going into the 9th and blew it: Oklahoma, Rutgers, Creighton, South Dakota State, Indiana.

If we had a legit closer this year, we win all those games, would have finished 39-14, in the top 15 and we’d be a lock to host a regional. For all our flaws, we really were only 1 legit closer away from a great regular season. Let’s hope we make some noise in both tournaments. GBR!
How many did they steal trailing in the 9th?

I’m not privy to watching the team live but our coach takes a daily beating… questions:
- is he THAT bad?
- is he better than Erstad?
- did any of you ever coach baseball? Not asking to be a jerk but it seems to me to tricky…. And I’m the BIGGEST critic of David Bell!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT