ADVERTISEMENT

Its official. NU has a useless Board of Regents!!

Some shocking statistics that were just forwarded to me

Iowa has more than twice the number of NCAA tourney wins than Neb has ncaa tourney appearances

Every major conf program has won an ncaa tourney game in the 21st century except nebraksa.
Every major conf program has won an ncaa tourney game in the 20th century except Neb

Those all time loser achievements are far more difficult to achieve than any national title
You have serious mental issues.

Some shocking statistics that were just forwarded to me

Iowa has more than twice the number of NCAA tourney wins than Neb has ncaa tourney appearances

Every major conf program has won an ncaa tourney game in the 21st century except nebraksa.
Every major conf program has won an ncaa tourney game in the 20th century except Neb

Those all time loser achievements are far more difficult to achieve than any national title
Sounds like you’re living in the past. Someone get this guy a calendar. Unless you want to talk about NU vs Iowa sport’s pasts? Trust me kid- ya don’t.

Last time I was told to "believe the science". It was by a corrupt midget and a bunch of vaccines and boosters were forced on people who didn't need them and are as useless as masks and social distancing.
Hardly a Tier 1 response.

• Wow
Reactions: HBK4life
Kenny and Weitz. I suspect Kenny is a man of few words, or wasn't asked. Not sure what Weitz's problem would be with it.
I've heard Kenney talk a few times. Seems like an OK guy. I wasn't thrilled about Weitz comments after renovation was unveiled. I'm sure their still out there to dig up. Pretty sure it was her on the video.

Omaha metro area people join in on this and let us know what you know about regent Weitz

Sounds like you’re living in the past. Someone get this guy a calendar.

A fair point - let’s stay in the present

A present day shocking statistic

Neb football currently owns the longest streak without playing in a bowl game of any major conf football program AND Neb basketball currently owns the longest ncaa tourney winless streak of any major conf program

No major conf program has ever held both titles at the same time. Truly an historic feat in losing that may never be broken

Both loser title belts call Lincoln home!

j3u5hrwe_original.jpg

Neb football currently owns the longest streak without playing in a bowl game of any major conf football program AND Neb basketball currently owns the longest ncaa tourney winless streak of any major conf program

No major conf program has ever held both titles at the same time. Truly an historic feat in losing that may never be broken

j3u5hrwe_original.jpg
I went on tour just a few days ago and got to see Nebraska’s national championship trophies.. can a I book a tour to see Iowa’s football or basketball championship trophies? I know you guys are a women’s basketball school so not really interested in that lame sport

I went on tour just a few days ago and got to see Nebraska’s national championship trophies.. can a I book a tour to see Iowa’s football or basketball championship trophies? I know you guys are a women’s basketball school so not really interested in that lame sport
I_wa U. is the national leader at putting trash cans on black players and making them run laps with recruits present, so there's that.

j3u5hrwe_original.jpg
An historic

What a douchebag.

I don’t know him well enough to speak to his ego, but this was a purely selfish move. And the fact that NO ONE in the department knew, everyone was blindsided and this goes against everything he has ever said about being a leader and work…it’s a low character move. Pure abandonment of his Alma mater, department, coaches, players and stated beliefs at the drop of a hat because he saw an opportunity for himself.
I think the more appropriate reason is that something is brewing and it had the potential to bite Trev in the ass.

The perfect scenario in the next 2-3 years would have been he hired a winning football who begins to build NU into a perennial Top 20 team;,
a MBB coach who strings together 2-3 winning seasons after many wanted him gone;
a continuing excellent WVB team;
a strong WBB program;
a young baseball coach who continues to make the program strong. Etc, etc.

Its irrelevant if he didn't directly hire them it would have proven Trev capable of coming into a program and strengthening it in several areas.

For him to bolt after a healthy raise and extension, can't help believe that he's trying to outrun the posse.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
No fan of any team knows who their board of regents are...Trev is a coward plain and simple.
I was good friends with one long time BOR, and he said many of them, (maybe even including him) were there strictly for the perks.

At the time that freak show President that went to Penn State, my BOR friend said, you just watch this freak get caught up in some wierd sexual stuff. I'll be damned, but he was right.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
I'm responding to whoever made the comment that the university shouldn't be a "trade school". While I was an engineering student I was obliged to take a "humanities" class almost every semester. I took a Science Fiction class, a 200 level English class which was fun, but really didn't affect my life. Some of those classes helped my career, like psychology because it helped me understand people better (especially people on this board). I don't advocate cutting classes like the Science Fiction class, but I always thought it was somewhat unfair English majors didn't have to pump up the engineering or physics coffers by having to take 200 level physics or electrical circuits classes.
So, you really think you understand Jaemekon? LOL

Lots of speculation in your post and your comments about Carter and Green are not reasonable or logical. Please explain how Green and Carter could have inappropriately benefited monetarily from the football program. That's just silly. Carter moved on in part because a larger University offered him a much more lucrative package. Green retired. Maybe money was the decider for Trev but EVERYBODY who knows him says it wasn't.
It's simple.. the top 2 guys running a 100+ million dollar football program were only officially being paid 800 grand and what was Ted making? And yet basically we have probably at least 6 coaches making at least over a million to multi-million dollar salaries. It used to be even worse when we were paying the head coach 5 million and the AD was making 200k.. lol.. it's just silly to think that the administrators aren't making money from their access to the program.

It's the same thing as the President of the US making only 200 grand, yet when they leave the white house after 4 years, they are multi-millionaires.

This just isn't talked about, but this is what administrators do, they do 'projects' and take a big cuts out of them in the form of kick backs and what not.

The same thing happens in state legislatures and every military or space contract. People just don't like to talk about it and don't want to know how the sausage is made, but this is how things actually work.

So, it's not speculation, but common sense.

I was good friends with one long time BOR, and he said many of them, (maybe even including him) were there strictly for the perks.

At the time that freak show President that went to Penn State, my BOR friend said, you just watch this freak get caught up in some wierd sexual stuff. I'll be damned, but he was right.
That was really weird. Dr. Graham Spanier was a 35-year-old "whiz kid" who came from Oregon to be UNL Chancellor. He ran like a bull in a china shop including hiring Byrne (his AD at Oregon). Then after parroting how Nebraska was a destination job blah blah blah, he bolted for PSU after being here about as long as Trev. One could argue that deviant leaving and not being here to back up his AD set the wheels in motion for Solich being appointed rather than a national search being done.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I'm agnostic when it comes to Pillen but he can't win with some of the Illuminati on this board.....

"Pillen's a jerk and needs to keep his nose out this."

or

"Pillen's public chastising of the BOR was uncalled for and contributed nothing to the problem resolution because......stuff."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT