ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Carter shouldn’t get a pass

Sodakred

Sophomore
Jul 31, 2018
Chandler, AZ
Anger is being mostly directed at Trev and the Board, but Carter promoting the administrative change moving Athletics under his thumb is a huge part of the current mess. In addition to his President title and the direct supervisor of the Chancellors, he was mostly the right hand man of the board. So this change dragged the Athletic Department directly under the Regents’ thumbs. And after making this huge, permanent change mostly to accommodate two guys’ personal relationship, Carter was available to leave a few months later. Thanks for nothing, Ted! The current and future Regents will always be grateful.

Anger is being mostly directed at Trev and the Board, but Carter promoting the administrative change moving Athletics under his thumb is a huge part of the current mess. In addition to his President title and the direct supervisor of the Chancellors, he was mostly the right hand man of the board. So this change dragged the Athletic Department directly under the Regents’ thumbs. And after making this huge, permanent change mostly to accommodate two guys’ personal relationship, Carter was available to leave a few months later. Thanks for nothing, Ted! The current and future Regents will always be grateful.
I don't care if Carter was a top gun fighter and an admiral, the man has no honor. To put forth a grand plan everybody starts working toward and enact other profound, irreversible changes like you mentioned, then bail with zero succession planning is the ultimate fu to the state apparatus, university employees (including Trev and Rhule), and people of Nebraska. Unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and Trev did exactly the same thing.

I wonder how Alberts will feel about the A&M President's "vision" when that guy does the same thing as Trev and Carter and bails to somewhere like Texas or Florida?

Wasn't Carter the dude that rode his Husker hog into the volleyball day match or spring game? I thought he really screwed Nebraska when he switched over to OSU. Can't understand why a guy his age would make that move. Oh well....guess he really loves the Buckeye $$$. Screw him and Trev.

Ted Carter is a very good man. I respect him. Just don't agree to caving in by him and green on dei etc

Reactions: TrueBigRedFan
Ex-fighter pilot and Academy guy…. That would explain much….
High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

Ted Carter is a cuck, never understood the prestige that guy commanded. Fack em, who goes to OSU and aTm over dear old NU anyways
Pardon me, I will say something that will probably upset you. But what makes you believe the Ohio State and Texas A&M are beneath U of Nebraska?

Pardon me, I will say something that will probably upset you. But what makes you believe the Ohio State and Texas A&M are beneath U of Nebraska?
No need for such pleasantries on the free board. Trev had the job for two years. That’s a minuscule amount of time figuring in budget and athletic cycles. People, fans on this board including myself, are understandably pissed off on a number of recent events.
I don’t have much knowledge about The Ohio State but aTm is a lateral move and is widely considered as one considering their own recent athletic department dysfunction
This thread is relevant. Ted Carter was the first domino, then Ronnie Green’s retirement. The press should take a closer look at the whole series of events and the BOR involvement. Get better from it. Learn and adapt
I have lost all respect for Trev the Administrator/leader
Nebraska will always be greater than one Administrator
GBR

No need for such pleasantries on the free board. Trev had the job for two years. That’s a minuscule amount of time figuring in budget and athletic cycles. People, fans on this board including myself, are understandably pissed off on a number of recent events.
I don’t have much knowledge about The Ohio State but aTm is a lateral move and is widely considered as one considering their own recent athletic department dysfunction
This thread is relevant. Ted Carter was the first domino, then Ronnie Green’s retirement. The press should take a closer look at the whole series of events and the BOR involvement. Get better from it. Learn and adapt
GBR
I looked up a ranking of college athletic departments, it’s just one source but it has Ohio state at #11, Texas A&M at #33 and Nebraska at #56. The metrics were not given but clearly it’s a substantial difference. I don’t know maybe the Iowa fans are right.

I looked up a ranking of college athletic departments, it’s just one source but it has Ohio state at #11, Texas A&M at #33 and Nebraska at #56. The metrics were not given but clearly it’s a substantial difference. I don’t know maybe the Iowa fans are right.
Speaking of Iowa fans ....

Any way you slice this, I think we can all come to the same conclusion. Trev is a snake in the grass. He talks out of both sides of his mouth and doesn’t have the backbone to stay in the fight for what he claims to love. He’s ambitious to a fault. We’ll be better in the long run.

Any way you slice this, I think we can all come to the same conclusion. Trev is a snake in the grass. He talks out of both sides of his mouth and doesn’t have the backbone to stay in the fight for what he claims to love. He’s ambitious to a fault. We’ll be better in the long run.
He’s just a guy climbing the ladder like everyone else

B1G is a stepping stone league

GBR
Green’s involvement with Frost’s contract was a source of some concern. He’s a tremendous guy married to a Nebraska farm girl and they’re full on Nebraska fans. Not everybody wants to die in their work clothes.

Trev steered us through some perilous days and has us on the right course IMO. He unified us by taking the job and he might be strengthening that unification by leaving. The BOR is on notice and Nebraska is scrutinizing them now.

The lady doth troll too much.

Michigans coach - the best in the B1G - just fled for greener pastures this offseason
That's a major stretch with that example. Saban and Spurrier left for the NFL. The difference is Harbaugh was successful in both the NFL and CFB.

There are examples at every position of the B1G being part of the path and not the destination
And it’s become clear Nebraska is not a destination anymore. We are fortunate to already be in Big Ten and get to ride along to the Power 2 and not stuck in Big 12 and remaining schools that are becoming JV schools

Reactions: huskerfan66
That's a major stretch with that example. Saban and Spurrier left for the NFL. The difference is Harbaugh was successful in both the NFL and CFB.
Cool

He could’ve stayed and dominated the B1G until he retired

He decided to pursue larger dreams instead

Stepping stone

The second best coach in the B1G also fled the moment he could have to the SEC (Debeour)

Stepping stone

Cool

He could’ve stayed and dominated the B1G until he retired

He decided to pursue larger dreams instead

Stepping stone

The second best coach in the B1G also fled the moment he could have to the SEC (Debeour)

Stepping stone
More money. Better NIL availability by far. Better returning roster at Bama as well. Pay em or lose em. He’ll be gone from Bama within 5 years.

Eve shouldn't get a pass! Her trick doomed all of us and set in motion the entire cascading events that led to this moment! #snaked

There are examples at every position of the B1G being part of the path and not the destination
I completely agree.. the way things currently sit, I have a feeling NIL is on a completely different level in the SEC. Maybe 2 levels higher. It's like a once in a lifetime opportunity for administrators to make obscene amounts of money. Doesn't mean it will last, but for now, that is what is looks like to me.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT