ADVERTISEMENT

Haze in Lincoln???

040429_national_smog_hmed7a.grid-6x2.jpg

We're getting some of it here in Omaha. You can smell it too. Like burning leaves or wood or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: red rover 70
Typical for this time of year. Some of you must have really short memories...

Kansas sues us for water and pollutes our air (but at least we have a home and home with their basketball team set up). I think they are one of the few states that allows mass land burnoff's to help replenish minerals into the soil...crazy how that smell carries for 100's of miles.

GBR

Typical for this time of year. Some of you must have really short memories...

Kansas sues us for water and pollutes our air (but at least we have a home and home with their basketball team set up). I think they are one of the few states that allows mass land burnoff's to help replenish minerals into the soil...crazy how that smell carries for 100's of miles.

GBR
I am familiar with it, but it is just very strong this year. They demand the water out of the Republican River basin, then send smoke out way. Seems legit!

I am amazed at the villages that made this map! Oak? Can't be 100 people there! Same with Colon. Alexandria has to be dwindling to about that number as well. Great memories of all of those places, but when I go back and drive through them it makes me very sad knowing what they used to be 30 and 40 years ago.

I am amazed at the villages that made this map! Oak? Can't be 100 people there! Same with Colon. Alexandria has to be dwindling to about that number as well. Great memories of all of those places, but when I go back and drive through them it makes me very sad knowing what they used to be 30 and 40 years ago.
I still drive by Colon once or twice a month when I head back to Dodge County. Nice little bar in town.

What's weird is I just took a walk in Beatrice, and it's crystal clear with not a whiff of smoke/haze. Top ten day here.

I still drive by Colon once or twice a month when I head back to Dodge County. Nice little bar in town.

It used to be the StarDust I believe. They had live Polka music and dancers every Sunday when I lived there a decade ago. Its now the Red Zone if memory serves.

If you are looking for a little detour and a great little bar in that area, head 7 miles west to Malmo, Nebraska and grab a bite and a beverage at RK's! If you don't have time and want to stick to something a mile or less off the highway, Weston (west of wahoo) has a great bar. Just North of Lincoln there is a little burb called Davey that has a kickass little bar as well with great pizza (stone fired brick oven). Great memories!

Reactions: northeastNebraska
It's better here now since the wind kicked up. I sent a crew home this morning, one guy was wheezing and the other had a bad bloody nose. It just seemed to hang in central Lincoln until right before noon.

It used to be the StarDust I believe. They had live Polka music and dancers every Sunday when I lived there a decade ago. Its now the Red Zone if memory serves.

If you are looking for a little detour and a great little bar in that area, head 7 miles west to Malmo, Nebraska and grab a bite and a beverage at RK's! If you don't have time and want to stick to something a mile or less off the highway, Weston (west of wahoo) has a great bar. Just North of Lincoln there is a little burb called Davey that has a kickass little bar as well with great pizza (stone fired brick oven). Great memories!

Don't forget the Kolache Korner in Prague.

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT