ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 expanding again?

Also, the Aggies would get a pay raise up North. Starting in 2024, SEC Schools will average $60M/year, while B1G schools will earn $70M/year from their media rights deals So why would the Big Ten want Texas A&M? The Aggies are one of the biggest brands in College Football, averaging around 100,000 fans per home game...The university is also member of the AAU, which many view as a required academic benchmark for admission into the Big Ten.

Reactions: WHCSC
If the B1G got A&M and Florida State, that would be huge. Florida would not be too happy to have Florida State in the SEC.

Reactions: huntered
Shoot, A&M is also hiring a bunch of left wing “progressives” in the administration. So they would fit right in with the woke Big Ten. I’m sure there would be butt didlin’ accusations in College Station in very short order.
Yep, everything went downhill after the bleeding hearts outlawed the bonfire.

Wouldn't they have to make a hefty buyout payment to the SEC? It's hard to believe that they would want to do that on top of the $75 million buyout they'll be paying Jimbo Fisher.

I say we let those weirdos wallow in big brother’s shadow. We got enough weird here in the B1G without them. Hold out for ND as long as possible and shoot for FSU and ND and then call it good. If ND won’t pull their heads out of their ass go after another ACC team. If the B1G and SEC can poach 2-4 teams for the ACC the conference will likely dissolve like the PAC 12 and ND will be forced to make a decision. Fvck aTM those freaks creep me out…

I went do own to the Nebraska game the last year we were in the Big 12 and I thought the A& M fans were great. I’ve also known a few over the years. I like them.
I’ve spent way too much time around aTm fans

Weird doesn’t even begin to describe that cult

Ring dunking, yell leaders, chants, etc., all lamer than the next “tradition” at a place where the only real traditions are losing and being cucked by UT

I say we let those weirdos wallow in big brother’s shadow. We got enough weird here in the B1G without them. Hold out for ND as long as possible and shoot for FSU and ND and then call it good. If ND won’t pull their heads out of their ass go after another ACC team. If the B1G and SEC can poach 2-4 teams for the ACC the conference will likely dissolve like the PAC 12 and ND will be forced to make a decision. Fvck aTM those freaks creep me out…
I “liked” this post because of the correct aTm opinion

I do not and will never understand the desire to see conferences dissolve, however

Reactions: V-Doub
I wouldn't blame A&M one bit. It's not about escaping Texas. It's about respect. And while I do love Aggie jokes, they are good people. One of my best friend's wife is an alum. They often attend games in the fall. They were just down in Bryan for a wedding this past weekend. I will ask to see if they have heard anything.

I “liked” this post because of the correct aTm opinion

I do not and will never understand the desire to see conferences dissolve, however

I don’t either. But I think it’s gonna happen at some point. With the amounts of money in B1G and SEC, plus the likelihood that the B1G/SEC may account for 6-8 of the playoff spots each year… Many teams (like FSU currently does) will covet and desire that invite. And each time the SEC and/or B1G expand, it starts the dominoes falling again. Eventually there won’t be enough “power teams” left to support four Power conferences. What that will look like IDK? Merger between the ACC and BIG XII after the SEC and B1G have picked the carcass clean?

But that’s the direction things are going whether I like it or not. If the BIG XII and ACC can survive and thrive in a world where B1G/SEC schools make twice as much money as they do and suck up 6-8 playoff spots each year, I be perfectly fine with that. But I don’t think certain schools within the ACC/BIG XII will be ok with that over time. We’ll see I guess…

I know nil is king, but it's good to win in a state like texas and florida in-front of people..as far as recruiting..compared to the rust belt

Reactions: huntered
I don’t either. But I think it’s gonna happen at some point. With the amounts of money in B1G and SEC, plus the likelihood that the B1G/SEC may account for 6-8 of the playoff spots each year… Many teams (like FSU currently does) will covet and desire that invite. And each time the SEC and/or B1G expand, it starts the dominoes falling again. Eventually there won’t be enough “power teams” left to support four Power conferences. What that will look like IDK? Merger between the ACC and BIG XII after the SEC and B1G have picked the carcass clean?

But that’s the direction things are going whether I like it or not. If the BIG XII and ACC can survive and thrive in a world where B1G/SEC schools make twice as much money as they do and suck up 6-8 playoff spots each year, I be perfectly fine with that. But I don’t think certain schools within the ACC/BIG XII will be ok with that over time. We’ll see I guess…
At this point, they are not joining because of love for a traditional regional conference. Rather, this is about the future when the biggest schools decide to break free and create their own pie.

Getting A&M would be a big get for the big 10 but A&M isn't leaving, there's probably penalties for leaving and is the big 10 isn't better.

Player collective bargaining will end this land grab

It’s coming along with a single commissioner

F*ck the P2 IMO

I’ve spent way too much time around aTm fans

Weird doesn’t even begin to describe that cult

Ring dunking, yell leaders, chants, etc., all lamer than the next “tradition” at a place where the only real traditions are losing and being cucked by UT
I kind of like the tradition of kissing the girl next to you when your team scores. But it’s probably not enough to cover for all the other stuff.

The SEC has no Grant of Rights, so penalties are almost non-existent. Part of their arrogance. The better part is not being in the same conference as the Longhorns.
Agree, I think they really enjoyed leaving the whorns behind not having to deal with their fans and teams..

I still hate the idea of these conferences getting too many teams in them..

The SEC has no Grant of Rights, so penalties are almost non-existent. Part of their arrogance. The better part is not being in the same conference as the Longhorns.
As I recall neither the B1G nor the SEC ever considered creating penalties for leaving because they never had a team leave. How many teams would anyone expect to voluntarily choose to leave those conferences? I do believe, however, Missouri would readily bolt for the B1G if they had the chance to do so. Remember Missouri once had asked the B1G to let them in but were turned down so they went the SEC route.

Reactions: scarletred
ATM would be a great add for the B1G. Steal one of the better teams in the SEC, making the SEC relatively worse and the B1G relatively better. The B1G would love to include the state of Texas under its national footprint. A passionate fan base that shows up for games.

If you could simply choose between Texas and ATM, you would probably choose Texas. But Longhorn arrogance has destroyed every conference in their history, so it’s probably fortunate the choice isn’t really there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT